New Possible Elite Skill

New Possible Elite Skill

in Elementalist

Posted by: Treeoflife.4031

Treeoflife.4031

Ok so all eles know that the elite skills are not so great. FGS and Tornado have their moments. Lets be honest here all other classes have elites that synergies well with builds. Warriors have signet, thief has venom, guardian has renew focus ect. So i have a proposition for a new Elite skill!!

Elemental Overcharge

The elementalist Overcharges current attunement and releases its energy to gain boons and cause and elemental effect on cast location. Insta cast. Cooldown 2 min
(not effected by boon duration)

Base Overcharge (regardless of attunement)
-Effect: 10 sec of Fury
: 6 sec of Vigor

-The following effects would be triggered at activation and be dependent upon active element

Fire Overcharge : Gain 8 stacks of might for 15 sec
Spawn lava font at location (staff fire 2)

Air Overcharge : Gain 6 sec of quickness
Spawn static field at location (staff air 5)

Water Overcharge : Gain 10 Sec of Protection
Spawn small water field at location (staff water 3)

Earth Overcharge : Gain 5 Sec of Stability
Blast location and damage enemies (360 range)

These are my initial thought. Time on boons maybe be too much but ya. Would something like this be worth taking over current elites available and not be OP?

Guild Leader of Rebel Dps [ReD]
~Glitch

New Possible Elite Skill

in Elementalist

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

My apologies, but I do not understand what you’re trying to achieve here. What’s the point of the skill? A super field that buffs and damages at the same time? How long will it last? Will it deal damage? It looks like a short duration Supply Drop without the supplies.

If it’s just a single field then I wouldn’t pick it over Glyph of Elementals. And 120s cooldown may be a bit low for an elite in general (the glyph has 120, but also gets 60 from its duration ofr a total of 180).

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

New Possible Elite Skill

in Elementalist

Treeoflife.4031

Sorry if i was not clear, i myself am also trying to work it out in my head as well. The idea is to get something along the lines of a Warrior’s Signet Elite (60 sec cooldown so no i dont think 2 min is too short), but with an elementalist twist. The Fury and Vigor you get no matter what element you are attuned to at activation.

The element you are attuned to at the time of activation triggers the additional elemental effect. The field activated would mimic those staff skills (in both damage and duration) mentioned above The earth activation i could see it being along the lines of EA while attuned to earth. The additional boons are also attunement oriented.

For example: Attuned to fire while activating elite would grant the following
-10 Sec Fury
-6 Sec of Vigor
-8 stacks of Might for 15 sec
- And drop lava font at location (see Fire 2 while attuned to staff for specifics)

And what i’m trying to “achieve here” and “the point” of the skill is in the title. To open a discussion for an alternate Elite Skill. The FGS and Tornado removes weapon skills (meh), and i think the Glyph is lame. If i wanted a Pet i’d play ranger, it not bad in spvp but in wvw it is the most useless elite ever. An Elite that is Cast and go while adding support or offensive boons is an Elite i think ele could greatly benefit from.

I hope this clarifies

~Glitch

(edited by Treeoflife.4031)

New Possible Elite Skill

in Elementalist

Posted by: elprimo.4398

elprimo.4398

Overcharge. It sounded to me more like. Absorb all the damage you take for the next 5seconds maybe?. And release it back depending on attunement as.

Fire: Direct Damage.
Air: Stun 2-4sec.
Water: Heal.
Earth: I have no idea lol.

I would prefer them to be AoE. You take 50% reduced damage during the 5 seconds. 180cd.
As for a short cd boon elite that allows us to abuse Lyssa Runes would make our condi clear a bit too high.

New Possible Elite Skill

in Elementalist

Treeoflife.4031

Right didn’t think about lyssa runes. good point. But i mean warrior can pretty much do exactly that right now. equip a war horn ect. But ya your idea of an Overcharge sounds pretty cool as well, little confused on how it would work but cool!

~Glitch

New Possible Elite Skill

in Elementalist

elprimo.4398

I came with the idea while rembering how bad I hate to be focused down. Especially by thieves they just run around everywhere while spamming auto attack. So I have always 2 options.

1- Spam aoe on myself and hope for him to discourage and give up.
2- Burn all my cantrips in a futile attemp to escape.

Then I remembered how good is my engineer killing thieves especially when supply crate elite is up. And said to myself. Hey why not give eles an elite that works as an “Oh-kitten” button when they get tunel visioned.

The goal is instead of “focus the ele to death” will be more like “Does he have his elite up?, lets better sneak up to him”. Or maybe I should move towards a more tanky spec, but I can dream can’t I?.

New Possible Elite Skill

in Elementalist

Treeoflife.4031

Well i could see my version working as an “Oh Kitten” bail out as well.

Example: you are attuned to air and getting low on health with a thief right on top of you. pop the elite so the thief gets caught up in the lighting field. Utilize the quickness gained from elite to pop your heal then continue utilizing the benefits gained from remaining elite boons ( Fury to go back on the offensive ). I just see so much potential from having additional access to more fields. Especially if you are not running staff

~Glitch

New Possible Elite Skill

in Elementalist

Posted by: CountzuCrytus.7256

CountzuCrytus.7256

Example: you are attuned to air and getting low on health with a thief right on top of you. pop the elite so the thief gets caught up in the lighting field. Utilize the quickness gained from elite to pop your heal then continue utilizing the benefits gained from remaining elite boons ( Fury to go back on the offensive ). I just see so much potential from having additional access to more fields. Especially if you are not running staff

I was messing around with a Lightning Hammer Signet build last night while capping ruins in WvW for the achievement. The #5 on lightning hammer is pretty much that, it puts a lightning field around you so no one can enter (or exit) without stability.

New Possible Elite Skill

in Elementalist

Treeoflife.4031

I was messing around with a Lightning Hammer Signet build last night while capping ruins in WvW for the achievement. The #5 on lightning hammer is pretty much that, it puts a lightning field around you so no one can enter (or exit) without stability.

But it takes up a utility slot. i would take any cantrip or arcane skill before LH. Its the elite options we currently have that is the problem. They’re not as useful as other class Elites.

~Glitch

New Possible Elite Skill

in Elementalist

Posted by: Hayashi.3416

Hayashi.3416

FGS gives excellent mobility and the best damage in the game by a wide margin.

If any class has problems with Elites, it’s the Engineers… that mortar skill is just… ugh.

New Possible Elite Skill

in Elementalist

Treeoflife.4031

If any class has problems with Elites, it’s the Engineers… that mortar skill is just… ugh.

I’ve never play engi so i can’t comment on that. Yes FGS is great for mobility and has some good damage (great if there is a wall nearby) but i always end up feeling more comfortable with my normal weapon skills and feel like a sitting duck for thieves due to not having any interrupts or CCs with FGS. And having something to boost that like Overchage would be real nice.

~Glitch

New Possible Elite Skill

in Elementalist

elprimo.4398

Mortar might suck but the area control supply crate offers is pretty nice at least in sPvP.

New Possible Elite Skill

in Elementalist

Posted by: CountzuCrytus.7256

CountzuCrytus.7256

But it takes up a utility slot. i would take any cantrip or arcane skill before LH. Its the elite options we currently have that is the problem. They’re not as useful as other class Elites.

I agree
The build I made was to see if a signet/Lightning hammer combo would work. Intention is to put the new Fire Grandmaster Trait on and use signet actives for fire aura that burns them (in turn blinding them) along with the LH auto attack for insane amounts of blind.

There was a rumor about a signet a few months ago? Where when we swap attunements we would get quickness for a short duration and the active would refresh attunements. I would be ecstatic if we actually get something like that.

Also to stay on topic for the OP

I do enjoy the idea of a Overcharge feature. As I’ve stated in one of the previous posts it would be cool to get something like that, but make it more of a high risk high reward type of spell. Where you have to be careful where and when to use it or it could backfire on you.

(edited by CountzuCrytus.7256)

New Possible Elite Skill

in Elementalist

Treeoflife.4031

The Quickness Elite i dont think will ever happen. Unless it was like 2 sec or less for the quickness duration. Would be cool tho.

And ya i do like the risk reward idea. Like the overcharge could do damage to you and nearby enemies, as well as granting the listed boons to yourself. That way if you pop the elite while low on health it could kinda backfire. Kill or be killed kinda thing

~Glitch

(edited by Treeoflife.4031)

New Possible Elite Skill

in Elementalist

Posted by: Atoss.1056

Atoss.1056

Maybe some signet :P 5 signet ele ftw