New Utility Line: Transformation

in Elementalist

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

Just had an idea today while at work and after reading some thoughts on Tornado last night. Wouldn’t it be cool if, when the devs add new utilities to the professions, for Elementalist, they focused on Transformations?

That and make the Transformations not suck. I think such utilities are a prime way to shore up Elementalist survivability if changed right. While transformed, maybe have another health pool to draw from like the Necromancer’s morphed form but have the cool downs longer.

That and add a couple more transformations and add traits that improve upon them like cantrips, signets, glyphs and arcane do.

Would be cool to build an Elementalist around the abilities to transform into a tornado/whirlpool, storm cloud and volcano.

in Elementalist

Posted by: MindlessRuff.1948

MindlessRuff.1948

Dreaming sure is nice isn’t? :/

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kat.5982

Kat.5982

I don’t think elementalists have any trouble with survivability.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

“Dreaming sure is nice isn’t? :/”

Dreaming sure is nice is not? Is that even a question? :P

“I don’t think elementalists have any trouble with survivability.”

Sure, I don’t (in PvE) but then I wasn’t aiming for the idea to make Elementalist supreme tanks. Frankly, if a utility line like I’m imagining were to crop up, they’d be situational survival tools just like Mist Form, Armor of Earth and Arcane Shield is.

What I meant wasn’t that they have no means to survive but more or less have more varied options (like the mentioned utilities) to survive.

Not sure if you mean I can stack tons of Toughness and Vitality and straight tank stuff like I see Guardians do, Kat, but to me, Elementalist survival hinges on their utilities and heals/traits (to extend their up-time). That isn’t how Mesmer plays out and they tend to be a lot better off surviving. Not that what Elementalist has/does is a bad thing but more and cooler options for it isn’t a bad thing.