New builds for pvp - Tempest Might Aura

in Elementalist

Posted by: august.8016

august.8016

After latest change i try to use new “One with fire” trait in a pvp build.
This are my attempts:
1 https://metabattle.com/wiki/User:Nikegipple/Tempest_D/D_Might_Aura
2 https://metabattle.com/wiki/index.php?title=Build:Tempest_-_D/F_Might_Aura

Which of the two are the better try in your opinion?

in Elementalist

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

so you no support as d/f cannot cleanse as much as needed. but you got more self might so now you are some sustain dmg dealer
thus engi, ranger, guard can make it better

dont you think?

in Elementalist

august.8016

I don’t think.
Ele have a very high unexpressed potential in pvp and can do the same damage of other class. Imho a mixed dps/support/utility play stile can work better for ele and this builds are attempts in this way.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zintrothen.1056

Zintrothen.1056

The only things really stopping eles from being able to run other builds viably is poor Tempest design, excessive damage by all professions (including ele in some cases), and no tanky amulets. Auramancer has to be tanky, and tankiness isn’t as valuable with a burst meta. Evades and blocks are the way to go, but eles only have a few evades and no blocks other than an Arcane trait and skill. There are also immunities, and the focus immunity is one of the only things keeping eles alive still. Our healing keeps getting nerfed and other issues are not being solved.

If damage was lower, eles could finally spec away into another trait line for some more offence. It wasn’t tanky amulets that were the problem in season 1. If you hadn’t noticed, Chronomancers actually went down as quickly as any other tank, but then they also gained two blocks and alacrity to keep sword 2 and those blocks on short CDs, so they were able to prevent damage so well that it seemed like their hp never dropped. Then add in a point based game that only requires one player to equally contest a point, even when the enemy has 5 on it, and you get a bunker meta.

What should have happened is nerfs to elite specs. Echo of Memory (the Chrono block) should have always had a long CD (It’s still too short IMO) so that there were more opportunities to pressure. Then with more damage being dealt, we wouldn’t have needed to remove all the tanky amulets. With tanky amulets, eles could choose one and run an offence trait line.

But that’s not the case. The game is still fully of blocks, immunities and evades that prove far more valuable in a burst meta than tankiness, so eles have no choice but to spec the most sustain oriented trait lines along with the tankiest amulet we can find, Mender.

There might be a build that runs Paladin, but anything less just won’t survive under the heavy and fast pressure and CC being thrown around with ease.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

if you want a mightshare build that actually does damage try this:
It is heavy offensive support with a fluid playstyle. The damage is real XD. This is the kind of builds i like.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJArdn0XC9Xi1MA+MAcYiFBArYT2EPDut2XbuNIAMBKiA-TJhAQBA4BA8v9HkYZANcCAAA

This is also the reason why i hate the gale song nerf. I prefered it over aura on OL but now it got gutted.

(edited by Wolfric.9380)

in Elementalist

august.8016

“Auramancer has to be tanky” is very poor statement.
In pve ele have one of the best damage of game and I think some more attempts can be do for find in pvp some good alternative build maybe a little more dps oriented.
Try is funny and don’t do that is only for lazy player.

Mender today is used by many dps class ( e.g actual best engi build).
Define it “tankiest amulet” in a pvp eniroment where a balanced build is very important is a nosense imho.

Thanks Wolfric. Your build have for sure a very high dps but you are very weak to condi and focused dps.
Sage amulet i think is not best choice.

in Elementalist

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

Both are bad and here is why.

1. This meta improved boon corrupt/steal making our dependency on boons an even bigger downfall.

2. Melee ele cannot function without protection+healing+condi removal

3. The meta favors necro and condi rev which is a hard to deal with.

I see what you are doing with one with fire and it would be great if we could utilize all that might, however it is not realistic with how boons are getting ripped.

Your options this season is to either go full support like usual or to create a build that does not rely on boons (FA ele if it was actually good)

Bad Elementalist

in Elementalist

Posted by: Abelisk.4527

Abelisk.4527

FA ele has decent damage with Berserker amulet, but the obvious problem is the missing sustain.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Waisenpai.6028

Waisenpai.6028

^Yes! Problems hopefully solved in the new expansion where ele does more damage maybe a diff kinds of sustain mechanic that’s not boon drive. At least we can pay to play out of this problem, if not well I still love ele but not the place and mobility it’s in. I hope our new elite will have a cool down times of 30-50 seconds so it can be used with many runes that have an elite activation ability. And I hope it’s viable in spvp and wvw giving us at least 2 viable builds. (Most spec yield 2 some lucky guys get 3-4 variations) I mean hopefully we will have an option not to be support/party driven and can deliver some nice combos via power spikes or skillful condi deployment depending on venue and if an option 2 a hybrid assault.

Min Min core d/d ele Borlis Pass Bunny Thumper