New builds

New builds

in Elementalist

Posted by: paperluffy.9148

paperluffy.9148

Hello, for the past week i have been excited to think of all the new builds available if that patch is real. I will continue to look into scepter, but for now I have been trying to make a d.d build that has huge def, huge crit, and huge attacks. So i went with the 4 aura build and did theory tweeking (only using exotics)

What do you think? any suggestions, I find this part of the process the most interesting. And again we will ultimatly have to wait and see.

Edit: updated tests
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fEAQJAoYhEmmbtR5gjEA0DmMKkh8wDlHzkjNA-jUyAYrASeAJCApvioxW7KiGreBTXmU9pgs3oIa1CBobMA-w

(edited by paperluffy.9148)

New builds

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ptolomy.6984

Ptolomy.6984

You might want to squeeze in some healing power coz healing power is never wasted on an ele it also synergises well with toughness and increases survivability. And you only have 1 stunbreaker postpatch is that intended? Other than that it looks interesting.

Edit: Also earth trait I could be swapped for earths embrace. your rune has some prot duration so it will extend that one. And honestly i feel that Earth trait I is more made for scepter since it has 2 channeled autos (Air 1 and Earth 1)

(edited by Ptolomy.6984)

New builds

in Elementalist

paperluffy.9148

Alright Ill check it out. The reason I completely dropped water was cause I thought of it only being important on regen bunker build, but yeah the cleansing wave not being there kind of stinks. Oh and for 1 on earth trait i was just thinking 5 earth fire 2, water 2, and ether renewl channel. This is a silly question but does healing ripple heal you for some too?

anyway I went back and decided to make a scepter version too. tell me what you think of it lol. Im assuming the “rotation” and point of the build would be start in eletric to close gap, then go into fire and use 3-5, then either earth or water. Or would it be better to swap back to electricity after every swap?

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fEAQJArYhEmmbyR3gjEAkCmMPkh4hFOER9wMA-jUyAYrASiAICgpvioxW7KiGreBTZmU9pgs3oIa1CBobMA-w

New builds

in Elementalist

Ptolomy.6984

Healing ripple is a free mini heal when you attune to water. And the reason I mentioned scepter for earth trait 1 was cos Earth 1 and Air 1 are quite spammable on scepter while dagger fire 2 and water 2 are less spammable:P Imo this looks better than the previous one. And rotation is situational

New builds

in Elementalist

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

Sceptre earth 1 doesn’t trigger the channelling trait alas. Or if it does the icon doesn’t show up.

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

New builds

in Elementalist

Ptolomy.6984

Last time I checked it did. But that was couple f patches ago them breaking things in the process isnt new. Think i should test and see if it still works. Earth 1 is a channel too so it should work (at least gw2 wiki says its a channel).

New builds

in Elementalist

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

I’ll have to look closely at my endurance bar, because the icon doesn’t show up at all

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

New builds

in Elementalist

paperluffy.9148

@ ptolomy
That is what i figured, just never tested. anyway thanks for the replies. the response on the earth 1 trait was just mainly thinking about earth 5 and the heal, but yeah lol. one last theory craft for the day taking into consideration your thoughts. Also as a side note was thinking about changing food to lemon grass poultry for lower conditions. think that would even be worth it?

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fEAQJAoYhEmmbyR4gjEAkCmMKIi4xDWIRRxM5A-jUyAYrASiAICgpvioxW7KiGreBTZmU9pgs3oIa1CBIbMA-w

New builds

in Elementalist

Ptolomy.6984

I’ll have to look closely at my endurance bar, because the icon doesn’t show up at all

Btw the endurance regen from the air trait II if i remember correctly doesnt work with earth 1 if thats what you mean. But Earth trait I (gain toughness on channel) worked last time I checked with scepter earth 1 and has no icon I think. But ill check it again:P

New builds

in Elementalist

Posted by: Neko.9021

Neko.9021

To be quite honest, this build looks like a worse version of the 0/20/0/20/30 DPS Ele build.

Water 15 brings so much more to the table with its mini heal.

Evasive Arcana’s cleanse/heal on dodge is just so strong.

Tempest Defense, even when merged with Grounded in the patch notes, looks pretty meh.

On the other hand, Cleanse on attune to Water (Water V) and deal 10% extra damage when above 90% (Water VI) are amazing traits for a DPS Ele.

(edited by Neko.9021)

New builds

in Elementalist

Posted by: CuRtoKy.8576

CuRtoKy.8576

This build lacks a lot of sustain that a D/D ele needs. The sustain comes from Water 15 minor trait and 30 Arcana trait Evasive Arcana. Going 30 in air takes at least one of these sustain sources away. Going into earth on top of that removes another source of sustain. The build that would work out well are the builds already out: 0/10/0/30/30, 0/20/0/20/30, 0/0/20/20/30 . All work pre and post patch (if the leaked notes are correct).

New builds

in Elementalist

paperluffy.9148

@neko and curtoky Yeah i started with the 0/20/0/20/30 base, and in the second version on this page it became 0/30/10/10/20 but yeah I tend to agree, but i want to use something from the new patches, and i feel that going with the standard 0/10/0/30/30 is just sticking with the old (which quite frankly seems to be better) but yeah. Maybe I will do something like; 0/15/10/15/30 with valkeiry gear and earth runes. any more thoughts or should we just wait to see what happens lol?

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fEAQJAoYhMmmbwR5gjEA0DmMKIi8wDlHzkjNA-jUyAYrASeAJCApvioxW7KiGreBTXmU9pgs3oIa1yAYOGA-w

(edited by paperluffy.9148)

New builds

in Elementalist

Posted by: CuRtoKy.8576

CuRtoKy.8576

I would like build diversity too like mesmers but the unfortunate thing about Elementalist is that they lack sustain/base defenses which forces them to go into defensive trees (15 water and 30 arcana)

I used to run an aura buff build 0/10/10/20/30 . I think having an additional water trait like boons on cantrips outweighs the benefit of air 15.

New builds

in Elementalist

Posted by: Swimsasa Stoon.8936

Swimsasa Stoon.8936

Hello, for the past week i have been excited to think of all the new builds available if that patch is real. I will continue to look into scepter, but for now I have been trying to make a d.d build that has huge def, huge crit, and huge attacks. So i went with the 4 aura build and did theory tweeking (only using exotics)

What do you think? any suggestions, I find this part of the process the most interesting. And again we will ultimatly have to wait and see.

Edit: updated tests
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fEAQJAoYhEmmbtR5gjEA0DmMKkh8wDlHzkjNA-jUyAYrASeAJCApvioxW7KiGreBTXmU9pgs3oIa1CBobMA-w

Choose no. 5 of the earth traits for more protection.