New elite for eles

New elite for eles

in Elementalist

Posted by: Dahir.4158

Dahir.4158

I think I saw a couple threads running around here about new elites for eles, mostly condition so I decided to make another and voice my opinions here as well as ArmageddonAsh who is sadly banned at the moment… forever

I’ll paste what he said to me yesterday:

Something like:
Elemental (or Arcane) Overload:
Gain chance for spells to inflict conditions based on your attunement
Fire = Burning, 5 seconds
Water = Chill, 2 seconds
Air = Confusion, 5 seconds
Earth = Torment, 10 seconds
Chance on Crit: 25%
Proc Cool down: 1 second
Duration: 30 Seconds
Cool down 45 Seconds

Not too sure if it should be an Arcane, Glyph or what. Due to how would it interact with Elemental Surge. If it were either another question would be, should it stay with its current attunement proc or change based on your current attunement? As it is an Elite i kinda feel it should

With that in mind. I would actually change Elemental Surge. I would actually have it so that it is different based on the Arcane Skill that is used.

Arcane Blast:
Fire = Burning, 5 Seconds.
Water = Chill, 3 Seconds
Air = 5 Stacks Confusion, 5 Seconds
Earth = 5 stacks of Torment, 5 seconds

Arcane Wave
Water = Chill, 3 Seconds
Air = 3 Stacks Confusion, 5 Seconds
Earth = 3 stacks of Torment, 5 seconds

Arcane Power
Water = Chill, 3 Seconds
Air = 2 Stacks Confusion, 5 Seconds
Earth = 2 stacks of Torment, 5 seconds

Arcane Shield
Water = Chill, 3 Seconds
Air = 3 Stacks Confusion, 5 Seconds
Earth = 5 stacks of Bleeding, 10 seconds

Arcane Brilliance
Water = Chill, 5 Seconds
Air = 5 Stacks Confusion, 5 Seconds
Earth = 5 stacks of Torment, 10 seconds!

This is just to raise some awareness for the devs in light that we may have some hope for conditions builds in the future, cos you know… build diversity and that. So everyone, let’s discuss!

What are your suggestions?

Broski

(edited by Dahir.4158)

New elite for eles

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wyrden.4713

Wyrden.4713

no we need a quickness giving short elite with instant cast ! i want a reliable dragontooth hit on stability enemys ! … !

just my ytb channel

FeintFate~

New elite for eles

in Elementalist

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

What I want is an elite that will put us in the Avatar state from avatar/legend of korra :o

Imagine, bypassing all the attunements and using all 4 for them at once while floating in the air to cause devastation!!!

I’m thinking kind of like lich form but better and much more AoE.

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

New elite for eles

in Elementalist

Dahir.4158

What I want is an elite that will put us in the Avatar state from avatar/legend of korra :o

Imagine, bypassing all the attunements and using all 4 for them at once while floating in the air to cause devastation!!!

Lol, that would be epic.

Wyrden, I’m not a fan of scepter so I probably wouldn’t be using that elite haha

Broski

New elite for eles

in Elementalist

Wyrden.4713

Lol, that would be epic.

Wyrden, I’m not a fan of scepter so I probably wouldn’t be using that elite haha

u can quickness ur chunnin earth!

just my ytb channel

FeintFate~

New elite for eles

in Elementalist

Posted by: Bluefox.9580

Bluefox.9580

Signet of Healing 1/2 (90)

Passive: 260 Healing Power
Active: Your water attunement is recharged.

Extinguish 2s (60)

Remove 5 conditions from your party. If burning is removed, heal for 1500.

Arcane Detonation (45)

Detonate your target with pure energy. For each target hit, your ferocity is increased by 50 for 10 seconds. (maximum of 5)

Damage: 242 (comperable damage to arcane brilliance)
Radius: 160

Armor of Mist (75)

Cantrip
You gain 500 vitality for 5 seconds. When this effect ends, if your HP is 0 you are downed.

Breaks Stun

Bluefox Matari – Elementalist – Maguuma

New elite for eles

in Elementalist

Wyrden.4713

Signet of Healing 1/2 (90)

Passive: 260 Healing Power
Active: Your water attunement is recharged.

Extinguish 2s (60)

Remove 5 conditions from your party. If burning is removed, heal for 1500.

Arcane Detonation (45)

Detonate your target with pure energy. For each target hit, your ferocity is increased by 50 for 10 seconds. (maximum of 5)

Damage: 242 (comperable damage to arcane brilliance)
Radius: 160

Armor of Mist (75)

Cantrip
You gain 500 vitality for 5 seconds. When this effect ends, if your HP is 0 you are downed.

Breaks Stun

the third… the radius is way too small and i guess its on selfaoe? like aoe is around u instead ground targetting, i like it but it needs a 600 radius if it is on selfaoe

just my ytb channel

FeintFate~

New elite for eles

in Elementalist

Posted by: JETWING.2759

JETWING.2759

Just:
Tornado: Need be a cantrip skill and work with relative traits.
Glyphs of Elementals: The elementals need have some active skill, like Spirit of Nature and Flash Golem.
Fiery Greatsword: Change animation (flame color, appearance, etc…) and rename to arcane greatsword or something like. Need be an arcane skill and work with relative traits (rename all 5 skills and make work like arcane, the #1 skill, auto attack, only trigger trait in the end of cast)

New elite for eles

in Elementalist

Posted by: Przemek Pro.1309

Przemek Pro.1309

just add something useful for eles on wvw, acctualy every profession have a skill, whitch can help in fight like supply crate or basilisk venom, ELE – NOPE

“We stopped checking for monsters under our beds when we realized they were inside us”
Prnn [dF]
Driven By Fury

New elite for eles

in Elementalist

Wyrden.4713

just add something useful for eles on wvw, acctualy every profession have a skill, whitch can help in fight like supply crate or basilisk venom, ELE – NOPE

+1

just my ytb channel

FeintFate~

New elite for eles

in Elementalist

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

I think you’re not giving Glyph of Elementals the credit it deserves. It’s quite versatile and when used properly, can add quite a bit of dps or cc.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

New elite for eles

in Elementalist

Wyrden.4713

I think you’re not giving Glyph of Elementals the credit it deserves. It’s quite versatile and when used properly, can add quite a bit of dps or cc.

its an al, and it can get killed easily in the crossfire, it has low dmg besides fire elemental, yes rock one wont die so easily, he wont do any dmg either, rock elemental is nice for taking the unreflectable arrows from the golem in harpy fractals, u can hide behind, but it rly has too low use, i prefer taking fgs, use skill 3 of it, then drop it to continue w my normal dmg in pvp/wvw(roam)

just my ytb channel

FeintFate~

New elite for eles

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ulion.5476

Ulion.5476

Well OP just described glyph of elemental power. Anyway a new elite would have to be a signet or arcane skill.
New Elites suggestion:
Arcane Retailation- 120cd Chance to proc arcane waves whenever you are hit. 1s internal cd 5s duration.
Arcane Overload -120cd 5s duration 1s internal cd. All spell have a chance to proc arcane blasts.

Signet of Arcana – reduce attunement cd by 1s. 60s cd On use all skills/attunement resets their cooldowns .
Signet of Elements – Gain a aura based on your attunement every 15s, 3sec duration aura. On use Daze, weaken, chill, and burn your target and nearby foes. 240radius 1200 range 60s cd.

Ele – Tarnished Coast
“Quoth the raven nevermore”
Platinum Scout: 300% MF

(edited by Ulion.5476)

New elite for eles

in Elementalist

Wyrden.4713

Well OP just described glyph of elemental power. Anyway a new elite would have to be a signet or arcane skill.
New Elites suggestion:
Arcane Retailation- 120cd Chance to proc arcane waves whenever you are hit. 1s internal cd 5s duration.
Arcane Overload -120cd 5s duration 1s internal cd. All spell have a chance to proc arcane blasts.

Signet of Arcana – reduce attunement cd by 1s. 60s cd On use all skills/attunement resets their cooldowns .
Signet of Elements – Gain a aura based on your attunement every 15s, 3sec duration aura. On use Daze, weaken, chill, and burn your target and nearby foes. 240radius 1200 range 60s cd.

now that i think about it, we need an elite based on auras! frost aura favoruite aura ftw!

just my ytb channel

FeintFate~

New elite for eles

in Elementalist

Posted by: cheese.4739

cheese.4739

Signet of Arcana – reduce attunement cd by 1s. 60s cd On use all skills/attunement resets their cooldowns.

This is the most reasonable Elite Signet that anyone’s suggested – 1s reduction on attunement CDs means a lot, and would probably see use in builds with or without Arcana trait speccing.

New elite for eles

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ulion.5476

Ulion.5476

Signet of arcana active is OP but I could not think of anything else that would be using within a 60s cd. Most elite signets have short cds. Arcana type skills are focus on direct damage but signets are defensive in natural.

Ele – Tarnished Coast
“Quoth the raven nevermore”
Platinum Scout: 300% MF

New elite for eles

in Elementalist

Dahir.4158

+1 Ulion for Signet of Arcana suggestion

Btw, suggestions in the opening post are from ArmaggedonAsh, not me. I’m posting on his behalf since he is banned.

Broski

New elite for eles

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

I would like to see a signet elite that gives passive regeneration every second for eles

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

New elite for eles

in Elementalist

cheese.4739

Signet of arcana active is OP but I could not think of anything else that would be using within a 60s cd. Most elite signets have short cds. Arcana type skills are focus on direct damage but signets are defensive in natural.

If it’s going to have a short cooldown, it needs a reasonable cast time - at least 1s, maybe 2-2.5s. This would rule out things like an even crazier Fresh Air spike or rapid cleansing with Water Attunement, but still be useful for regaining access to locked-out skills after a rapid rotation.
Could even make it a stunbreak with a cast time, since an instant-cast attunement reset really would be OP but a long cast could be hard to work with while in combat.

(edited by cheese.4739)

New elite for eles

in Elementalist

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

But FGS is the best elite in the game!

New elite for eles

in Elementalist

Posted by: Hyena.2037

Hyena.2037

I kind of hoped they’d set us up with an elite that acted as a fifth attunement. Just call it ‘Primal’ or something and have it themed of raw and possible unstable arcane powers. It could act like any other attunement, just probably with a longer CD after you switch out of it and would probably have the same skills regardless of equipped weapons to make things simpler.

But there’s a ton of stuff they could potentially do with something like that to really make it interesting. Maybe even make it a little risky to stay in it too long, like maybe a building debuff that increases the percentage of damage you take that clears when you exit. That way people won’t just sit in it, they’ll drop it, wreck up the place for as long as they’re willing to push it, then drop out. Maybe even have a finale PBAoE explosion that damages enemies based off how high you pushed it.

I seriously might like high risk play more than most people though.

New elite for eles

in Elementalist

ThiBash.5634

its an al, and it can get killed easily in the crossfire, it has low dmg besides fire elemental, yes rock one wont die so easily, he wont do any dmg either, rock elemental is nice for taking the unreflectable arrows from the golem in harpy fractals, u can hide behind, but it rly has too low use, i prefer taking fgs, use skill 3 of it, then drop it to continue w my normal dmg in pvp/wvw(roam)

Have you ever tried Air Elemental? I mean like, really tried? It’s dps is almost as high as the fire elemental (it takes only 1-2 more attacks to down a target dummy) and if you position it properly, it can easily last the full 60 seconds. It also has a semi-spammable stun that works rather well in PvP. The earth elemental is a great tank and can make dungeon runs with suboptimal pugs a lot easier. It also does great distracting bosses so your team can focus on dps instead of dodging and healing. And the uses for ice elemental are obvious.

The main benefit of the elite though, is that you can pick the elemental you need, depending on the situation. That’s pretty useful.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

New elite for eles

in Elementalist

Dahir.4158

Another suggestion from ArmaggedonAsh:

I saw that person mentioned Quickness for an elite. To me that would just be very underwhelming as an elite. Maybe if it was like Signet of Rage of the Warrior and gives us Might and Fury at the same time it would be decent. Though it wouldn’t really help a condition based ele build.

Though something like:

Passive: 50% Chance on Critical to inflict a condition based on attunement.
Fire = Burning, Water = Chill, Air = Confusion, Earth = Torment, 5 second ICD

Active: Inflict an Aoe condition based on your attunement and grant yourself Quickness 5 second, Might 5 stacks for 30 seconds and Fury for 30 seconds

then it might be something worth using

Another idea i had:

A total redesign of Glyph of Elementals. Now instead of summoning an elemental based on your attunement. You actually turn into one yourself. We already have tonics that can turn players into ones. Sure they cant move but i am sure they could get something to work as they have the animations from elementals already.

I would see them as mixing skills from all weaponsets and they would be increased as once you are in this form you can attunement swap to gain buffs and such but your skills dont change. Something like:

FIRE =
Auto attack = Staff Auto. This would be buffed so its travel time is faster and deals a bit more damage. Maybe inflict 3 second Burning on all targets hit around the target

Skill 2 = A Dragons Tooth like skill. Cast time would be reduced. Damage would be increased and Burning would be doubled.

Skill 3 = Flame Blast. Damage would be increased quite a lot. The area below the target would become a Fire field for like 10 seconds as well

Skill 4 = Drakes Breath. This would have larger range and deal twice as much damage to already burning targets.

Skill 5 = Meteor Shower. Each time a target is his, they are inflicted with 5 seconds of Burning. Impacts increased. Cast time reduced and fall speed increased

WATER =
Auto attack = Staff Auto attack. Simple and easy. Heals allies as well.

Skill 2 = Cone of Cold. Inflicts Poison on targets and Regen on allies

Skill 3 = Healing Rain. Condition is removed on each application of regen (doesnt need trait) removes conditions from player and all allies in the field.

Skill 4 = Frost Aura. Applies Aura to all allies (no need for trait)

Skill 5 = Comet. This would be changed to ground target. Thus it could be combined with Healing Rain for an AoE as well. Daze increased to 3 seconds. Damage increased to Chilled targets

AIR =
Auto attack = Dagger. An obvious choice really. Will mainly be Melee based

Skill 2 = Lightening Strike = This would be AoE based and inflict 5 stacks of Confusion for 5 seconds.

Skill 3 = Shocking Aura. As with all elemental auras no need for trait for the aura to be shared.

Skill 4 = Ride The Lightening. Damage doubled. Inflicts 5 stacks of Confusion for 5 seconds on targets

Skill 5 = Gale. AoE knock down for 3 seconds of all targets in range of the player.

EARTH =
Auto Attack = Scepter. Instead of Bleeding. It inflicts 1 stack of Torment for 6 seconds every hit.

Skill 2 = Rock Barrier. Increases Toughness . Hurl now inflicts a random condition per each projectile as well as sending 1 condition to the target that the player has. Each projectile has be fired on its own with a 1second ICD until they are all used.

Skill 3 = Ring of Earth. Inflicts small damage and Cripple 5 seconds, Bleeding 12 seconds and Torment 6 seconds

Skill 4 = Magnetic Wave. Along with Cripple it now inflicts 5 stacks of Torment for 10 seconds on foes within range.

Skill 5 = “Churning Earth”. This would be similar to Churning earth but the player can move during the Channel. They are inflicted with Cripple during the channel.

Broski

New elite for eles

in Elementalist

Posted by: phaeris.7604

phaeris.7604

Ele’s really need an elite which benefits them during a fight.

FGS is great…for running away/chasing, but is cumbersome and doesn’t pack that much of a punch now. It’s not like other ‘ace up the sleeve’ elites which can turn a fight if they’re up.

Tornado is rubbish and so situational (infact it only has one situational use).

Glyph of elementals is terrible, the pets have awful ai, fall over easily and do damage at large intervals.

Eles need an elite which they can use whilst retaining the ability to switch atunements (important!!!!), doesn’t lock out all their skills (important!!!!), and can actually influence a fight.

The Fgs’s abilities should switch depending on what atunement you’re in. All it is, is a lazy summoned weapon.

New elite for eles

in Elementalist

Wyrden.4713

Have you ever tried Air Elemental? I mean like, really tried? It’s dps is almost as high as the fire elemental (it takes only 1-2 more attacks to down a target dummy) and if you position it properly, it can easily last the full 60 seconds. It also has a semi-spammable stun that works rather well in PvP. The earth elemental is a great tank and can make dungeon runs with suboptimal pugs a lot easier. It also does great distracting bosses so your team can focus on dps instead of dodging and healing. And the uses for ice elemental are obvious.

The main benefit of the elite though, is that you can pick the elemental you need, depending on the situation. That’s pretty useful.

yes , in dueling servers, i only summon air elemental infact there cause the 1 s stun in 10 s cd is nice, but the game is not based around 1v1, it would be nice if u had control over ur glphy elementals (beeing able to use one of the skills by tapping the elite again, that would actually be great) but the randomness atm is terrible

tell me in wich situations u would use glphy elemental over an elite that actually helps us in fight (if we would get one)

the only reason i use glphy of elementals is cause we dont have smth else that is proper for pvp/wvw

just my ytb channel

FeintFate~

New elite for eles

in Elementalist

Wyrden.4713

Another suggestion from ArmaggedonAsh:

I saw that person mentioned Quickness for an elite. To me that would just be very underwhelming as an elite. Maybe if it was like Signet of Rage of the Warrior and gives us Might and Fury at the same time it would be decent. Though it wouldn’t really help a condition based ele build.

Though something like:

Passive: 50% Chance on Critical to inflict a condition based on attunement.
Fire = Burning, Water = Chill, Air = Confusion, Earth = Torment, 5 second ICD

Active: Inflict an Aoe condition based on your attunement and grant yourself Quickness 5 second, Might 5 stacks for 30 seconds and Fury for 30 seconds

then it might be something worth using

Another idea i had:

A total redesign of Glyph of Elementals. Now instead of summoning an elemental based on your attunement. You actually turn into one yourself. We already have tonics that can turn players into ones. Sure they cant move but i am sure they could get something to work as they have the animations from elementals already.

I would see them as mixing skills from all weaponsets and they would be increased as once you are in this form you can attunement swap to gain buffs and such but your skills dont change. Something like:

FIRE =
Auto attack = Staff Auto. This would be buffed so its travel time is faster and deals a bit more damage. Maybe inflict 3 second Burning on all targets hit around the target

Skill 2 = A Dragons Tooth like skill. Cast time would be reduced. Damage would be increased and Burning would be doubled.

Skill 3 = Flame Blast. Damage would be increased quite a lot. The area below the target would become a Fire field for like 10 seconds as well

Skill 4 = Drakes Breath. This would have larger range and deal twice as much damage to already burning targets.

Skill 5 = Meteor Shower. Each time a target is his, they are inflicted with 5 seconds of Burning. Impacts increased. Cast time reduced and fall speed increased

WATER =
Auto attack = Staff Auto attack. Simple and easy. Heals allies as well.

Skill 2 = Cone of Cold. Inflicts Poison on targets and Regen on allies

Skill 3 = Healing Rain. Condition is removed on each application of regen (doesnt need trait) removes conditions from player and all allies in the field.

Skill 4 = Frost Aura. Applies Aura to all allies (no need for trait)

Skill 5 = Comet. This would be changed to ground target. Thus it could be combined with Healing Rain for an AoE as well. Daze increased to 3 seconds. Damage increased to Chilled targets

AIR =
Auto attack = Dagger. An obvious choice really. Will mainly be Melee based

Skill 2 = Lightening Strike = This would be AoE based and inflict 5 stacks of Confusion for 5 seconds.

Skill 3 = Shocking Aura. As with all elemental auras no need for trait for the aura to be shared.

Skill 4 = Ride The Lightening. Damage doubled. Inflicts 5 stacks of Confusion for 5 seconds on targets

Skill 5 = Gale. AoE knock down for 3 seconds of all targets in range of the player.

EARTH =
Auto Attack = Scepter. Instead of Bleeding. It inflicts 1 stack of Torment for 6 seconds every hit.

Skill 2 = Rock Barrier. Increases Toughness . Hurl now inflicts a random condition per each projectile as well as sending 1 condition to the target that the player has. Each projectile has be fired on its own with a 1second ICD until they are all used.

Skill 3 = Ring of Earth. Inflicts small damage and Cripple 5 seconds, Bleeding 12 seconds and Torment 6 seconds

Skill 4 = Magnetic Wave. Along with Cripple it now inflicts 5 stacks of Torment for 10 seconds on foes within range.

Skill 5 = “Churning Earth”. This would be similar to Churning earth but the player can move during the Channel. They are inflicted with Cripple during the channel.

i do think that would be insanely op and ppl would call for a nerf right away / would be nerfed to the ground again

just my ytb channel

FeintFate~

New elite for eles

in Elementalist

Posted by: Aggrostemma.1703

Aggrostemma.1703

Suggestion:

Elements Within: 120 seconds recharge 10 seconds duration

Gain boons and stats based on your current attunement.

Fire: +300 power, extends every conditions by 10 seconds in 240 radius of you target and gain 10 stack Might and Fury for 10 seconds.
Air: +300 precision, +30% crit damage and gain Quickness and Superspeed for 5 seconds.
Earth: +300 toughness, +300 condition damage and gain Stability and Protection for 10 sec.
Water: +300 healing power and vitality, extends every boon you have by 10 seconds and removes a condition from 5 man around you (240 radius) every second.

(I"m not happy with the Fire one :P What do you guys think?)

EDIT: fixed a stupid high number and added the duration of the skill.
EDIT2: fixed a stupid low number :P

#I no words have"

(edited by Aggrostemma.1703)

New elite for eles

in Elementalist

Wyrden.4713

Suggestion:

Elements Within: 120 seconds recharge

Fire: +300 power, extends every conditions by 10 seconds in 240 radius of you target and gain 10 stack Might and Fury for 10 seconds.
Air: +300 precision, +30% crit damage and gain Quickness and Superspeed for 10 seconds.
Earth: +300 toughness, +300 condition damage and gain Stability and Protection for 10 sec.
Water: +300 healing power, extends every boon you have by 10 seconds and removes a condition from 5 man around you (240 radius) every second.

10 s quickness along w superspeed would be overwhelming

i love fire tho, not gonna lie

edit: 3 s too low! lol

5 s is fine !

just my ytb channel

FeintFate~

(edited by Wyrden.4713)

New elite for eles

in Elementalist

Aggrostemma.1703

The numbers can be changed around… But I guess you are right… I edit the post.

#I no words have"

New elite for eles

in Elementalist

Aggrostemma.1703

Well, don’t forget, these buffs are affected by boon duration… So it can still be almost 8 seconds if Arcana and boon duration food…

#I no words have"

New elite for eles

in Elementalist

Wyrden.4713

Well, don’t forget, these buffs are affected by boon duration… So it can still be almost 8 seconds if Arcana and boon duration food…

superspeed and quickness are effects, untouched by boon duration btw

just my ytb channel

FeintFate~

New elite for eles

in Elementalist

Dahir.4158

Suggestion:

Elements Within: 120 seconds recharge 10 seconds duration

Air: +300 precision, +30% crit damage and gain Quickness and Superspeed for 5 seconds.
Water: +300 healing power and vitality, extends every boon you have by 10 seconds and removes a condition from 5 man around you (240 radius) every second.

EDIT: fixed a stupid high number and added the duration of the skill.
EDIT2: fixed a stupid low number :P

Would definitely be an elite that I’d be using all the time! One thing that worries me is the cooldown though… I’d like for us to have at least one elite that has a reasonable cooldown so we can work with runes that function by elite-activation.

Broski

New elite for eles

in Elementalist

ThiBash.5634

tell me in wich situations u would use glphy elemental over an elite that actually helps us in fight (if we would get one)

All the time. It greatly depends on wheter we’re winning the fight or losing it. If we’re losing, I call on an earth elemental to take the pressure off. If I need burst damage, I get the fire elemental. If I need dps on a boss with a strong melee attack, I get out the Air elemental. If I think I can get some mileage out of chill, I use ice elemental.

The glyph is my staple elite and I use it for a lot of different things. I wouldn’t even trade it for Supply Crate if I got the chance.

New elite for eles

in Elementalist

Wyrden.4713

All the time. It greatly depends on wheter we’re winning the fight or losing it. If we’re losing, I call on an earth elemental to take the pressure off. If I need burst damage, I get the fire elemental. If I need dps on a boss with a strong melee attack, I get out the Air elemental. If I think I can get some mileage out of chill, I use ice elemental.

The glyph is my staple elite and I use it for a lot of different things. I wouldn’t even trade it for Supply Crate if I got the chance.

i was more talking about pvp /wvw perspective >.>

but ye in pve it can be great, but in pve we r too busy exploiting fgs into wall! (ik ik its not an exploit , but i like calling it that way)

just my ytb channel

FeintFate~

New elite for eles

in Elementalist

ThiBash.5634

Either air elemental for the stuns and ranged attacks (they hit more often than the melee attacks) or ice elemental for the combo field.

New elite for eles

in Elementalist

Wyrden.4713

Either air elemental for the stuns and ranged attacks (they hit more often than the melee attacks) or ice elemental for the combo field.

their atks r too random and the stun is rly underwhelming if not 1v1, and too random again

i still dont see much use for glyph, we r in need for a better elite (especially condi based)

just my ytb channel

FeintFate~

New elite for eles

in Elementalist

cheese.4739

but ye in pve it can be great, but in pve we r too busy exploiting fgs into wall! (ik ik its not an exploit , but i like calling it that way)

It really is an exploit – such attacks should just stop when they hit a wall, rather than keep spinning and doing damage.
It’s certainly not a planned design feature!

ThiBash: I know you love your elite Glyph, and it really is incredible in open-world PvE… but in almost all dungeon scenarios, the FGS is better (or on cooldown since it just got used in an appropriate place).

In WvW, FGS is incredible (for roamers maybe even necessary) mobility, and the summons are far too vulnerable to kiting and chill/cripple. Tornado is great for a Meteor Shower damage boost in a zerg, or to fling people out of a sentry point (because we all do that a lot), but is otherwise rather useless.

In sPvP, they’ve all got pros and cons.
Tornado: damage booster, great control on a capture point, not reliable damage or effects at all (and entirely countered by smart dodges/blindspam/stability). Stability is nice for holding a point if you don’t get it boonstripped – but there’s no way to apply extra boons to yourself to cover it, so it’s going to be very vulnerable to that boonstripping.
FGS: strong AA (though it can be reflected), high damage, incredible mobility. Second copy for yourself or an ally! One of its hardest-hitting skills, #3, is unusable on many capture points since it’ll throw you way out of the very area you don’t want to leave
Glyph: different summons for different situations…
- Earth lasts a while, some cripple/weakness, damage is meh
- Ice has chill/ice field, great heals, a launch I think?
- Air has good dps, shares swiftness in combat, stuns
- Fire does loads of damage to stuff
However, you can’t control their abilities (so that lovely heal can come just after you’ve blown a bunch of cooldowns on sustaining yourself) and they’re really very vulnerable to getting focused down. Pretty much useless in teamfights, unless you can get really lucky and nobody spots your Air.

They’ve all got some good things and some bad things, but as has been pointed out: the Glyph is the only one that doesn’t lock out weapon skills while you gain the benefit of its effects.
Necromancers are in a similar boat (with their two transforms and a summon) but the Flesh Golem is on a much shorter cooldown, doesn’t expire after a time limit, and has a manually activated CC/damage attack… it’d still be great to have a Necro elite that wasn’t subject to the limitations of transforms and AI, just like Eles want.

New elite for eles

in Elementalist

Dahir.4158

+1 cheese for your post

Broski

New elite for eles

in Elementalist

ThiBash.5634

The fact that you don’t control the ability does allow for a much shorter cooldown though. Air Elementals can stun several times during the golem’s cooldown. The elementals also have more abilities, and tend to do more damage. So I’d say they’re pretty equal.

The only reason FGS is better in dungeons is because of the wall exploit. If you’re gonna stack and burst, it rules. But I’m not playing the game to provide cheats for underdeveloped players. So I bring the glyph regardless. If that warrants a kick from the group, then it wasn’t a good group to begin with so no big loss.

(edited by ThiBash.5634)

New elite for eles

in Elementalist

Posted by: Maliken.5630

Maliken.5630

I would really like some sort of elite signet that on passive gives me 10 percent cooldown reduction on all skills. The active can be something that gives retaliation (or does some damage), and some confusion or torment stacks. This way the signet can be used both power or condition.

New elite for eles

in Elementalist

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

I’d like that elite guardians get that reset all their virtues, but for our attunements, gives quickness instead of invulnerability \o/

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

New elite for eles

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

An high dmg / tankly buff that dose not transform you as an ele i think is the main that that is missing. As is tornado can fill this roll but it only helps one spell and one wepon set there need to be a way for ele to go into a “power attk” for a few sec that dose not end the eles ability to play like an ele for there given wepon chose.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

New elite for eles

in Elementalist

Posted by: Rocketmist.5436

Rocketmist.5436

I’d love an elite that did conditions on crit, really any signet/arcane or new glyph, as long as it isn’t a summon plzzz no more summons.

[TL] Guild Leader, Sea of Sorrows, SoS Council

New elite for eles

in Elementalist

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

i came up with what i think was a nice elite in another thread.

an elite which for a very short times grants you the bonuses of every attunement-specific trait you’ve specced in to regardless of the attunement you’re in.
so say you’d specced for stone-heart, you’d be crit immune in water attunement while the elite is active.

Glyph of Elemental Attunement:
Glyph: Grants you the effects of all attunement-specific traits you have, regardless of current attunement.
Cast time: Instant
Duration: 10 seconds
Recharge: 60 seconds

New elite for eles

in Elementalist

cheese.4739

i came up with what i think was a nice elite in another thread.

an elite which for a very short times grants you the bonuses of every attunement-specific trait you’ve specced in to regardless of the attunement you’re in.
so say you’d specced for stone-heart, you’d be crit immune in water attunement while the elite is active.

*Glyph of Elemental Attunement:*
Glyph: _Grants you the effects of all attunement-specific traits you have, regardless of current attunement._
Cast time: Instant
Duration: 10 seconds
Recharge: 60 seconds

The reason Lingering Elements only affects Adept Minor traits is because it’d be seen as too powerful to be allowed the other attunement-specific traits at once (+dmg while attuned to fire, +dmg while attuned to air, +dmg while attuned to water against vuln’d foes) for burst purposes.
As someone like a FAir burster usualy takes FGS or Glyph as their elite, and these don’t have full uptime anyway... a 60s cooldown crazy burster +dps elite skill lines up with the 40-second full FAir combo far too nicely. Not going to happen.

New elite for eles

in Elementalist

Wyrden.4713

i just had one more idea

recharge all utilitys of one kind (cantrip, glyph, arcan, etc)

the utility type is prioritized from left to right , as in , skill 7 8 and 9 , ur skill 7 (on defaut) for example is cantrip, ur skill 8 is glyph, ur skill 9 is cantrip again, all cantrips r recharged

cause its most on left

meh my english is rly terrible sry.

just my ytb channel

FeintFate~

New elite for eles

in Elementalist

Posted by: TheflamingWolf.5861

TheflamingWolf.5861

Has anyone here even played ele in wvw before ? Because you would have realised that Tornado is the only viable one in zerg fights. Its only used to buff the damage of Meteor Shower since it grants you like 2x the power and 50% crit chance. Ele doesnt need buffs since its by far the strongest class from a survival standpoint, we just need options because it gets a bit boring with only 1 viable spec for wvw and also no rune which fits nice except maybe scholar or rage

New elite for eles

in Elementalist

Dahir.4158

Has anyone here even played ele in wvw before ? Because you would have realised that Tornado is the only viable one in zerg fights. Its only used to buff the damage of Meteor Shower since it grants you like 2x the power and 50% crit chance. Ele doesnt need buffs since its by far the strongest class from a survival standpoint, we just need options because it gets a bit boring with only 1 viable spec for wvw and also no rune which fits nice except maybe scholar or rage

There are more viable specs.

Broski