New hybrid ele build meant for all

in Elementalist

Posted by: Marmatt.8590

Marmatt.8590

Hello,
My name is Loki God Of Caos and I created a build on my ele to be efficient yet balanced for any weapon type, and any form of play.

The trait set up is 2/3/2/3/4. I know what your thinking "interesting, or “wow that’s really different”, or “that’s just too weak in all areas”, but allow me to explain. This build is for a “one size it’s all” type of build that elementalist a have been needing. Yes, the 0/2/0/6/6 build is still viable but in order to compensate you need zerker gear or soldiers to compensate for the tremendous loss of damage.

The trait in fire is to deal more damage while attuned to fire, which will be handy once I explain later on. The air trait is bolt to the heart, but the reason is because of the “3” point trait that you get, the bolt of lightning. That bolt will do 20% more damage, just attaining to air. The earth trait is to do more damage while enemies are within a range if 600 units. This goes well in hand with the fire trait, because just by being attuned to fire your doing 20% more damage. Which (if you have the sigil of battle) will increase tremendously. The water trait can vary depending if you want can’t rips or arcane, I prefer arcane because I use staff in wvw a lot and the blast finishers are nice such as with arcane brilliance, arcane wave, and arcane shield. If you use the arcane build choose the trait that gives enemies vulnerability with arcane skills. It helps especially when attuned to fire . Then the “3” trait is for healing when attaining to water, which is helpful especially in tight situation. The first arcana trust varies if your using staff or not, if you are I use blasting staff, if not use that trait that gives vigor on critical hits. For d/d or something like that. Your second trait is the one that gives you a boom based on your attune meant, it’s kinda needed for regeneration or might.

My gear is a mixture of celestial, Zerker and soldier. I have 2 armor pieces that are celestial, and two trinkets. The rest is zerker and soldier with traveler runes for boon duration and speed.

My staff is also zerker with the sigil of force and battle.

Bear in mind that this build is meant for all around and does well in any situation,

If I could get feedback on this build that would be great

Mystogen 80 Mes
Knights Of The Knightmare
S3 Legend

in Elementalist

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

www.gw2skills.net

plz use.

Bad Elementalist

in Elementalist

Posted by: Simon.3794

Simon.3794

what about 3/3/3/3/3 :p

in Elementalist

Posted by: Lettuce.2945

Lettuce.2945

Didn’t read. Saw traits. Knew troll. No gw2skills.net either.

in Elementalist

Posted by: MonMalthias.4763

MonMalthias.4763

You are all kittens, each and every single one.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fFAQFAWnMISjD2zAuMAfEKgAQoNNUgR7kVq47vA-TFSBAB3p+Tg7PklSszUCelyjOeAA4pDAgLAAA-w

A little critical reading goes a long way. Obviously stat breakpoints will be different to what OP specified because he was not 100% on the placement of each and every single accessory and armour piece; but it should be close enough.

Traits will vary with the utilities. I don’t agree with Arcane Shield myself as I dislike the long CD – I would favour Signet of Air, forgo the Traveller’s Runes, and go for Strength/Pack/Hoelbrak depending on how much effective power the armour/accessories gave; and the presence/absence of Cleansing Fire.

I also feel that Blasting Staff is no longer 100% required once one begins to run Signet of Earth. Zero travel time Pin Down on a half-cast means that the CC setup required to land staff pressure is lessened. No Blasting Staff also buffs Static Field at the cost of Meteor Shower; which is definitely a 1v1 focus.

Having run a similar build prior to Dhuumfire in 2013 (Running D/D at the time for some truly epic Fire Grab executions; and before Cleansing Wave was moved to Master Tier) the build itself is solid; although significantly weaker to Conditions in 2014 as it is missing 1 cleanse per 10.

A blast from the past to be sure. But arguably still inferior to the standard triple cantrip Might stacking build. The only thing I would disagree with is Traveller’s Runes on Elementalist. If you’re running Elemental Attunement, there are far superior Rune choices open. If you’re not Running Elemental Attunement; again; consider Signet of Air over Arcane Shield. Traveller’s Runes are for classes with terrible IMS choices like DPS Guardian or Necro. Elementalist is not wanting for IMS and indeed, every Ele weapon set outside of Scepter Focus has some form of mobility/Swiftness access.

As for running Staff, I strongly support the use of Energy Sigil over Force. Classes with rushdown like Thief or Warrior will easily body a non-Energy Sigil Staff Elementalist; unless you can rely on allies to peel. A dead ele with 5% more damage is still dead.

Iva Malthias – 80 Engineer
Marellune Malthias – 80 Elementalist
Devil’s Dominion [DD] – Yak’s Bend

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ancient Ranger.3276

Ancient Ranger.3276

Éleura Elementalist’s on YB
Elementalist
#Ele

in Elementalist

Posted by: oxtred.7658

oxtred.7658

“Wow that’s really different”

And it sucks

cya

If you’re on EU and need help to get into dungeons, pm me.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Neko.9021

Neko.9021

Looks pretty bad.

in Elementalist

Marmatt.8590

Mystogen 80 Mes
S3 Legend

in Elementalist

Posted by: Darox.8069

Darox.8069

And it sucks

cya

As much as I agree with you I must say that when I first wrote about the D/F build for PvE many people were like “nah, it sucks dude”, I even had a few rage-posts from the lovely Anierna <3, but look how far my build has come now (all modesty aside) ^^

in Elementalist

Lettuce.2945

And it sucks

cya

As much as I agree with you I must say that when I first wrote about the D/F build for PvE many people were like “nah, it sucks dude”, I even had a few rage-posts from the lovely Anierna <3, but look how far my build has come now (all modesty aside) ^^

Yeah, but the OP’s build is, at best, a decent karma train build. His thread title clearly states “meant for all”. It has zero survivability outside of karma trains. So there’s absolutely no chance this build will work especially in 1 v 1 or 1 v X, unless he’s playing against someone who just installed the game…So with that said, I’m fairly confident this build will never be viable outside karma trains even if the best ele NA picked it up and tried out it.

in Elementalist

Marmatt.8590

And it sucks

cya

Yeah, but the OP’s build is, at best, a decent karma train build. His thread title clearly states “meant for all”. It has zero survivability outside of karma trains. So there’s absolutely no chance this build will work especially in 1 v 1 or 1 v X, unless he’s playing against someone who just installed the game…So with that said, I’m fairly confident this build will never be viable outside karma trains even if the best ele NA picked it up and tried out it.

considering is has almost 2.5k toughness with bonus healing, especially with the staff it actually has quite a bit of survivability if you know how to use a staff :p . Plus the fact that is also almost has 2k power and decent crit you can maintain pressure, while using the blast finishers to heal yourself.

Mystogen 80 Mes
S3 Legend

in Elementalist

Marmatt.8590

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fFAQFAWnMISLD2zAWOAfEIgAQoNNUAZlK/+bZA-T1SBABBuqAOqVklSiRVVxMlgXpUojLAAWKhKTZCe6AA4BAAA-w

Here is an updated version based on the “constructive” criticism from other players.
I took out the two points in earth and put them in arcana instead to regain the ability of evasive arcana.

Mystogen 80 Mes
S3 Legend

in Elementalist

Posted by: Xae Isareth.1364

Xae Isareth.1364

And it sucks

cya

I tend to think having an open mind about what you use is more important than coming up with a new meta build.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

And it sucks

cya

I would rate it ‘Good’ for leveling and nothing else. Not really bad at all if you are a lowbie ele running train in eotm, zerg in WvW, boss train in PvE. It can put up some resistance against a thief if having an ally and there is an option for running away if needed.

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

in Elementalist

Posted by: sorrychief.2563

sorrychief.2563

full 6/6/6/6/6 wvw solo roaming or bust.

champion magus
previously rank 2 on old leaderboards
EG.secret.OG.NAVI.sorrychief

in Elementalist

Lettuce.2945

And it sucks

cya

considering is has almost 2.5k toughness with bonus healing, especially with the staff it actually has quite a bit of survivability if you know how to use a staff :p . Plus the fact that is also almost has 2k power and decent crit you can maintain pressure, while using the blast finishers to heal yourself.

It doesn’t matter if you have “almost 2.5k toughness with bonus healing”. You literally have next to no condition cleanse while WvW is a huge condi meta. My ele set up that I use is capable of 1 v Xing. And he’s heavily condi cleansed based. That’s how bad you need the cleanses. So like I said, it’s not an all around build like you suggest it to be.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wyrden.4713

Wyrden.4713

where do u get 15 traitpoints, i want them too

just my ytb channel

FeintFate~

in Elementalist

Posted by: cheese.4739

cheese.4739

Simon was getting confused. They meant 14/14/14/14/14.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wyrden.4713

Wyrden.4713

Simon was getting confused. They meant 14/14/14/14/14.

aha lright

just my ytb channel

FeintFate~