New player - spells to learn the ele?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mashugana.2843

Mashugana.2843

Q:

O am having trouble getting a handle on the elementalist – what is a good weapon for levels 1-30 to learn the class? Any easy combo field/finishes to use to get used to the mechanic? Maybe something in staff to help me practice switching from fire to water, etc?

I’ve tried and nothing seems to work right. I’d love to hear if there is a useful combination of spells that will help me get a feel for the class – maybe drop a fire field and then switch to lightning for….something?

Thanks for any advice.

“From there to here, from here to there, funny things are everywhere” – Dr. Seuss

in Elementalist

Posted by: Oxidia.8103

Oxidia.8103

A:

This is one general question, a little too general. But i’ll try to answer. For start, a staff + elemental/s is nice choice. Gives you good dmg and elemental is like a shield taking dmg for you.

The thing with elementalist is it’s pretty hard to play. You are pretty shishy and have to dodge a lot. The staff is good for lvling because (it helped me when i got a hang of it) you can keep your enemies away and kill them without them reaching you.

So for start, read what every spell does. You can outsmart your enemy, like switch to earth, press 4 to put a wall in front of it, switch to water, put an ice field to slow him down once wall dissapears, switch to fire, roll backwards and cast 5 on fire for meteor shower, then earth again and lock him with 5 to take as much dmg in meteor shower.

And you know, stuff like that. Be creative and outsmart your enemies. And don’t be afraid to experiment with weapons.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Neko.9021

Neko.9021

Take a Mainhand Dagger, attune to Air, and spam Air 1 to win.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mashugana.2843

Mashugana.2843

Thanks guys

up to 15 characters

“From there to here, from here to there, funny things are everywhere” – Dr. Seuss

in Elementalist

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

I would like l2p ele. I have played ele probably over 1700 hours and i still don’t have any idea how to play. Watch some videos and you might see climpse of eles full potential. It’s often kind of depressing play ele after you have seen how good players play.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in Elementalist

Posted by: Oxidia.8103

Oxidia.8103

Junkpile i’m sure you are not as bad as you think. I tought i can’t play ele too a year ago but then i noticed builds and playstiles other eles are doing and felt awesome especially pvp, after pvp i feel like a pro.