New to elementalist need advice

in Elementalist

Posted by: Cerebi.2738

Cerebi.2738

Hi,
i’ve only played mesmer and after like a week of playing and asking around and looking through builds i kinda have the hang of what mesmers can so.
like, they have shatter and condition and phantoms builds.

i want to try elementalist and i could really use like a basic rundown of what elementalists are built like.
i know there is a dagger dagger build
but thats it.

i would love links to builds, videos that explain and give information.
i also heard there was an update so if the build has changes please let me know.
thanks

in Elementalist

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

Don’t bother, they are pretty much the weakest class in the whole game currently. Wait and see what happens with updates first.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mirsa.1628

Mirsa.1628

Reroll.

Haha, but if you decide to stick it out, take a look at daphoenix’s D/D ele guide on the forums. 30 in arcana is a must, but you can play around with putting points in water, earth, and air. You’ll need to gear with defensive stats because the ele is naturally squishy.

[GS] Gun Squad
Guild Master

in Elementalist

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

People claim the elementalist is bad, the worst class currently in the game, requires twice the work than every other class and it has mediocre elite, weapons skills and most useless utilities. Guess what all those things people say about the class is WRONG, the class is far worst than that.

Play other classes, you get more damage, builds, fun cool abilities and you wont be working a harder than anyone for less result.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

in Elementalist

ArmageddonAsh.6430

People claim the elementalist is bad, the worst class currently in the game, requires twice the work than every other class and it has mediocre elite, weapons skills and most useless utilities. Guess what all those things people say about the class is WRONG, the class is far worst than that.

Play other classes, you get more damage, builds, fun cool abilities and you wont be working a harder than anyone for less result.

^ This, The class is VERY weak when it comes to WvW the damage is a joke, the base health is pathetic and seeing as we are stuck with 1 weapon set in combat it means we are at huge disadvantage.

Look at Engineer, without the kits they would be in the same boat, but thanks to them they can do everything we can do but do it better. All our skills, utilities and elites have about 20% to long of a cool down. The fact that with Dagger/Dagger we are FORCED to stay Melee means that we are at a disadvantage against EVERY class as it is – then add onto that the lower health, the longer skill cool downs, the weak utilities and the weak elites and it all adds up…

The class has been going down hill for ALONG time and it has been constantly mentioned that they need some help, nothing has come and personally i dont expect any to come any time soon.

Your best bet would be to reroll, Might want to give Engineer a try.

in Elementalist

Posted by: zencow.3651

zencow.3651

Reroll.

Haha, but if you decide to stick it out, take a look at daphoenix’s D/D ele guide on the forums. 30 in arcana is a must, but you can play around with putting points in water, earth, and air. You’ll need to gear with defensive stats because the ele is naturally squishy.

Or you can try the S/D Fresh Air.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvsb2hmvyEw

Quasi-elitist dungeoneer and missing Gw1 GvGs greatly.
“GW2’s PvE is almost as bad as the PvP.”

in Elementalist

Mirsa.1628

Reroll.

Or you can try the S/D Fresh Air.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvsb2hmvyEw

Probably not the setup for a beginner.

[GS] Gun Squad
Guild Master

in Elementalist

Cerebi.2738

WOW
i had no idea it was like this..
just making sure! im talking about PVE no WVW or PVP
still reroll?
cause i hjave a 25 mesmer but i wanted to try the elementalist…

in Elementalist

ArmageddonAsh.6430

If its PvE then it doesnt matter, all the content bar Dungeons and Fracturals until you get Rare/exo gear is easy. Most of the content outside of that can be done without traits or armor…

in Elementalist

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

I have great success as an elementalist, but that is because I am with the condi meta. Traditional builds will make you rage quit, especially if you have under 500 hours playing an ele.

Bad Elementalist

in Elementalist

Cerebi.2738

condi meta? whats that?

in Elementalist

ArmageddonAsh.6430

condi meta? whats that?

Current state of the game, Condition builds are VERY strong in S/TPvP and WvW, if you are doing ONLY PvE then it doesnt really matter

in Elementalist

Cerebi.2738

yeah. besides the entire leveling to 80 process is pve…

in Elementalist

Mirsa.1628

PvE is easy enough for all classes. Don’t listen to PvE elitists that think you need to go full zerker warriors to be effective.

But as I said earlier, WvW/PvP is a whole different ball game, especially for eles.

[GS] Gun Squad
Guild Master

in Elementalist

ArmageddonAsh.6430

PvE is easy enough for all classes. Don’t listen to PvE elitists that think you need to go full zerker warriors to be effective.

But as I said earlier, WvW/PvP is a whole different ball game, especially for eles.

This. Anyone of any class can be good in PvE WvW and S/TPvP on the other hand is VERY tough on Ele. It can be done, just dont be expecting to be able to be everyone, 1 V1 possible anything more is pretty much a loss.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Lumpy.8760

Lumpy.8760

play what you think is fun
try out all of the skills and traits, and the builds will come to you

in Elementalist

Posted by: Grok Krog.9581

Grok Krog.9581

Elementalist is actually very strong in PvE especially when using Lightning Hammer or FGS with the foes pulled against a wall.

It can be rough to level but a good class if you’re willing to learn it

Grok Walking Amongst Mere Mortals

in Elementalist

Posted by: TGSlasher.1458

TGSlasher.1458

General Starting Tip:
Buy green gear (weapons and armour, rings and amulets if you want to) off the trade broker every 5 to 10 levels, its generally cheap and helps a lot, I can’t express how much it will help.

Try to do content close to your level unless you would like to do the lower areas. I levelled my ele from 0-60 in level 1-20 zones. I would never ever do that again.

Area completion, try to do it. I never did, the rewards don’t get better if you wait to do it and the exp / free gear gained is quite helpful.

Slasher Sladorian – Charr Warrior – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Sladorian – Charr Ranger – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Of Elements – Human Elementalist – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows

in Elementalist

ArmageddonAsh.6430

General Starting Tip:
Buy green gear (weapons and armour, rings and amulets if you want to) off the trade broker every 5 to 10 levels, its generally cheap and helps a lot, I can’t express how much it will help.

Try to do content close to your level unless you would like to do the lower areas. I levelled my ele from 0-60 in level 1-20 zones. I would never ever do that again.

Area completion, try to do it. I never did, the rewards don’t get better if you wait to do it and the exp / free gear gained is quite helpful.

I disagree, when i hit level 80 i was still wearing Level 60 weapons and even lower in some slots of armor. So PvE wise i dont think you really need up upgrade your weapons or armor that often.

in Elementalist

Posted by: TGSlasher.1458

TGSlasher.1458

Lower levels it helps a lot.

Though I hit level 60 content with level 20 gear … so …. That’s what you get for levelling to 60 not leaving a level 20 zone. If one of your friends say he is going to reroll every 2 seconds, just level without him.

Orr would have been fun for you with that 60 gear.

Slasher Sladorian – Charr Warrior – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Sladorian – Charr Ranger – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Of Elements – Human Elementalist – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows