Newbie wants to be a healer

in Elementalist

Posted by: satyesu.9374

satyesu.9374

I’m still pretty new. I don’t know the lingo in "builds" online. Would someone please tell me how to be a good elementalist healer? Note: I don’t have HoT.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

I would imagine something like this but maybe earth instead of Tempest since you don’t have HoTs.

https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Tempest_-_Staff_Raid_Healer

But someone else could probably help you far more than I am, i just accidentally wandered into the ele forum and saw this post.

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in Elementalist

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

Its pretty hard to be a healer without HoT since the only good healing build is with tempest.

Metabattle.com is a good source for new players

Bad Elementalist

in Elementalist

Posted by: Fashion Mage.3712

Fashion Mage.3712

Spam Water Blast basically.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Panda.1967

Panda.1967

Its pretty hard to be a healer without HoT since the only good healing build is with tempest.

This is actually not true… It is 100% possible to make not only a viable, but an efficient Elementalist healer without Tempest. You’ll want to spec Water, Air, and choice of either Earth or Arcane. Earth for Protection, or Arcane for some extra healing in water attunement.

Scepter/Dagger is a decent combination for a Core Ele Healer… Staff is also very effective… Personally I find Scepter/Dagger more effective, though trickier to use properly.

You can slot Glyph of Greater Elementals as your elite to get some additional healing via the Ice Elemental… but it’s only going to be a minor aid… Earth Elemental with it’s AoE protection ability may prove more beneficial in the long run…

Please stop assuming I’m a guy… I am female.

in Elementalist

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

This is actually not true… It is 100% possible to make not only a viable, but an efficient Elementalist healer without Tempest. You’ll want to spec Water, Air, and choice of either Earth or Arcane. Earth for Protection, or Arcane for some extra healing in water attunement.

Scepter/Dagger is a decent combination for a Core Ele Healer… Staff is also very effective… Personally I find Scepter/Dagger more effective, though trickier to use properly.

You can slot Glyph of Greater Elementals as your elite to get some additional healing via the Ice Elemental… but it’s only going to be a minor aid… Earth Elemental with it’s AoE protection ability may prove more beneficial in the long run…

Alright have fun with your 200 radius heals that are dependent on water attunement while I spam my 400 radius ones just by using a shout and a heal.

Bad Elementalist

in Elementalist

Posted by: bearshaman.3421

bearshaman.3421

Alright have fun with your 200 radius heals that are dependent on water attunement while I spam my 400 radius ones just by using a shout and a heal.

No need to be salty about it. He’s just providing advice on how to be an effective healer without tempest. Can tempest do it better? Sure. Is it absolutely essential? Only if you plan on doing raids, and if he doesn’t have tempest, guess what else he doesn’t have?

in Elementalist

Posted by: reikken.4961

reikken.4961

If you don’t have tempest, go staff with water and arcane, and it doesn’t really matter what your last trait line is

in Elementalist

Posted by: bearshaman.3421

bearshaman.3421

If you don’t have tempest, go staff with water and arcane, and it doesn’t really matter what your last trait line is

agreed, though if you can use earth as your 3rd to give protection to your allies, it means you can spread your healing around more, and have more time for things to come off cooldown.

in Elementalist

Posted by: reikken.4961

reikken.4961

you can’t give much protection via earth without tempest

You have to take powerful auras, and you only have two auras to share: one magnetic aura, and the auto proc frost aura if you take soothing ice. That’s not much. Especially since I can already give people protection anyway via arcane. I’d rather take Soothing Power for better healing (or cleansing water if heavy condition clear is needed), and then take fire or air to do nonzero damage