Nex's Ele Videos [NEW - Video 4]

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mbelch.9028

Mbelch.9028

Hey guys,

We’ve lost a lot of good players, good people over the past few years in this game. I said I wouldn’t make videos, as I don’t care about fame. But I always have cared about the ele community. (That’s one reason I think it’s pointless to share builds. If one gets overused, it’s bound for the nerf bat.)

But in light of our recent losses, I’m setting out to share my knowledge of ele. I’ll make roaming videos, dueling videos and PvP videos.

Ill post them here, and to the best of my ability, I’ll answer all questions and be a resource to the ele community.

This will be a video list. Many people don’t know there’s four videos already.

Roaming Series:

Dueling Series:

Help series:

-Nex, [FEAR] Elementalist
https://www.youtube.com/user/GW2FearGaming

(edited by Mbelch.9028)

in Elementalist

Posted by: MightyMicah.7451

MightyMicah.7451

I like your attitude man, and the video was great! Looking forward to seeing some more stuff in the future. I got two questions for you:
1. What server are you on?
2. What is that Elite that you’re using? Is it a sylvari racial?

This is that new sound. Ya’ll ain’t ready.

in Elementalist

Mbelch.9028

I like your attitude man, and the video was great! Looking forward to seeing some more stuff in the future. I got two questions for you:
1. What server are you on?
2. What is that Elite that you’re using? Is it a sylvari racial?

Thank you very much. I appreciate all support.

I’m on Maguuma, repping the old and deceased Mag [FEAR] guild. It used to be a powerhouse roaming company.

The elite is actually the reason I’m on this ele a lot when I roam. I have two elementalists. One human, one norn.

Humans are great for GvG’s, open field 20vX and dueling. Their racials, like melandru, give you the ability to stomp and snare. Or like Grenth, which can be the bane of thieves, warriors and guardians in duels, as it spams poison and bleeding for a large duration of time.

This particular elite is IMO the best for eles while roaming. It is Become the Snow Leopard. It was nerfed this past patch to travel less range (which I don’t really care for, but am not SUPER against) as it has two huge escape skills. A stealth skill and a rush skill.

The stealth is long enough to confuse any enemy and the rush just is meh now. I still prefer it, as it allows you to nearly instantly drop targeting on your head. The cast time is 1/4 second and the stealth is instant.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Cries Of Sorrow.5864

Cries Of Sorrow.5864

Gl man.

Main Elementalist:Train Of Thought
Alt Warrior: Burning Paris
Best Ele build EU.

in Elementalist

Posted by: LightningBlaze.4913

LightningBlaze.4913

Good luck Nex! Great first video too. Show them variety of builds, weapon sets playstyles (d/d, s/d, d/f s/f and staff if you mastered that too which i never did lol. I always found staff too annoying and slow. >.<) and roles. Archeage is downloading right now whooooot!

P.S: I’ll probably post some of my wvw videos of all the weapon sets playstyle and different builds here too to support your cause…. …. if I don’t get addicted to archeage first lol.

Heidia- The elementalist is the #1 most OP profession in this game since beta!

in Elementalist

Mbelch.9028

Thanks for the support, guys. I’ll keep it updated as I think I’ll do this frequently. I’ll also likely do commentaries on how to play these certain builds.

Good luck Nex! Great first video too. Show them variety of builds, weapon sets playstyles (d/d, s/d, d/f s/f and staff if you mastered that too which i never did lol. I always found staff too annoying and slow. >.<) and roles. Archeage is downloading right now whooooot!

P.S: I’ll probably post some of my wvw videos of all the weapon sets playstyle and different builds here too to support your cause…. …. if I don’t get addicted to archeage first lol.

Thanks, Heidia!

I never plan to master staff lol. I just understand it. I find it to be so boring. But S|F is one of my favorite weaponsets in the game, although balls for roaming, if you can take them out before they kill you, success.

I’ll definitely show them all. Hopefully you can keep watching, I’m sure there’s some critiques you could give me on my S/D play (Also not my favorite weapon set).

in Elementalist

MightyMicah.7451

Maguuma, eh? I may have run into you before. I’m the little Asuran Luigi from Sea of Sorrows. Hit me up some time and let’s hunt some fa!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Pocket.2740

Pocket.2740

Also looking forward to watching your videos Mbelch.

It’s sad to see talented players leaving the game, a couple of D/D Ele friends on my server recently left for AA too

in Elementalist

Mbelch.9028

Maguuma, eh? I may have run into you before. I’m the little Asuran Luigi from Sea of Sorrows. Hit me up some time and let’s hunt some fa!

We can definitely meet up! Sounds like it’s time to arrange a duel&some dual server hunting!

Also looking forward to watching your videos Mbelch.

It’s sad to see talented players leaving the game, a couple of D/D Ele friends on my server recently left for AA too

Well thank you. I’m not leaving, though. I like this game a lot.. And I think that we can get this game to continue moving forward. Maybe they’ll come back.

in Elementalist

Posted by: LostSpoon.1672

LostSpoon.1672

Yay, Nex finally made a video! I enjoyed it and look forward to seeing more

[RET] D/D Elementalist
Fort Aspenwood

in Elementalist

Posted by: Chesire.9043

Chesire.9043

Subbed. Thanks for the video. Love the music.

Is it ok to PM you about tips sometime? I’m actually quite new to Ele, having mained necro for a year before taking an extended break.

in Elementalist

Mbelch.9028

Yay, Nex finally made a video! I enjoyed it and look forward to seeing more

Yay! Spoon we should do a video purely on Ele V Ele situations.

Subbed. Thanks for the video. Love the music.

Is it ok to PM you about tips sometime? I’m actually quite new to Ele, having mained necro for a year before taking an extended break.

Yeah please do! I’d be happy to talk shop. Maybe we can work on some ele v necro skills together. One can never be too sharp.

in Elementalist

MightyMicah.7451

You needa change your sig, bro.

in Elementalist

Mbelch.9028

You needa change your sig, bro.

Haha. For a while there was a rat race for “who’s the best ele NA” my sig is just resigning from even wanting to talk about that “title”.

in Elementalist

Posted by: JoxerNL.3752

JoxerNL.3752

video is great, but 24 seconds of intro is a little harsh.

in Elementalist

Mbelch.9028

video is great, but 24 seconds of intro is a little harsh.

Thanks for the comment. I embellished it a bit, but at least you know you’re about to watch an ele video, right? :P. Okay, I’ll definitely cut it down by a bit for the next video.

in Elementalist

Mbelch.9028

Okay, I’m putting out a new video tonight.

So if you like it, like it and share it with your friends. Subscribing is nice too.

I’m going to put out weekly videos, maybe more.

Week 2 has in store a video for anybody who thinks elementalist can’t handle fights of the variety which require sustain.

This video is ALL about one of the longer fights of my ele career. Multiple 1v2’s and 1+NPCx1’s over 10-15 minutes of real time.

The video is a bit long, but I hope that doesn’t take away from the lesson: you can do everything as an elementalist. You just have to do it right. You don’t have to be overly zerky (I’m less than 2400 armor) or overly tanky. You can find what works for your play style and go out there and smash nubs.

Okay, enough said. I hope you like the second video.

(P.S) Would you like new videos posted in a new thread or for me to just keep updating this thread?

in Elementalist

Posted by: NoNameNoob.9758

NoNameNoob.9758

Hm cant watch it Video is not available

in Elementalist

Mbelch.9028

Hm cant watch it Video is not available

Does anybody else have this issue?

I just tested desktop and mobile, both are working for me.

in Elementalist

Mbelch.9028

Hmm. So is it just in Europe you can’t watch this?

It’s gotten 50 or so views, so I believe some people can.

And to those who have negative comments about this video, please realize this is more of a teaching video, not entertainment. Entertainment is next week, then another teaching video. So it doesn’t get too boring.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Carpboy.7145

Carpboy.7145

I cant watch it on mobile and im NA

The Use of the Word ‘Cheese’
Lyss The Shadow
Legendary Champion of DB [EDGE]

in Elementalist

MightyMicah.7451

Unavailable on mobile and I’m in the USA

in Elementalist

Posted by: Swimsasa Stoon.8936

Swimsasa Stoon.8936

I can watch it with firefox from the Netherlands.
like the music, I’m also a decent elementalist, teaching my warrior buddy how to play elementalist at the moment.

I pvp alot (1000 hours these past 5 months) and mostly on elementalist (1500 hours on ele).

Ussualy use D/F, since I dislike the scepter and the off-hand dagger has nice mobility but the focus has soo many perks. Staff is just too slow for my tastes but I do like running zerker staff troll build.

I’m keeping almost all of my builds to myself, have previously experienced that others don’t always get the same results since their play-style is different. Just like yours is to mine. You do alot of jump dodging, optimizing in the use of evasive arcana while I tend to not bring evasive arcana at all :p.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Elitist.8701

Elitist.8701

So, a few things I’ve noticed about your gameplay, I’m not saying your bad, you could just use a little more practice.

1. You Random Dodge a LOT. Like really, half the time its not even to hit someone with EA, you just random dodge.

2. Im not sure of your exact stats but you seem to have at least 2700 armor, so your basically a bunker. I’d really like to see how you perform with a glassier build.

Overall though, pretty good gameplay.

-Teef Teef Teef Teef

Best Multiclass NA. RIP my beautiful Necromancer, such a shame. Retired, April 2015. GG Anet,
I’m not coming back, not that you care.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wisdom.4712

Wisdom.4712

Seriously, dancing at the end near someone’s corpse? It’s puerile little actions like this that make me roll my eyes and give people the finger.

Science like nature must also be tamed, with a view toward its preservation.

in Elementalist

Mbelch.9028

So, a few things I’ve noticed about your gameplay, I’m not saying your bad, you could just use a little more practice.

1. You Random Dodge a LOT. Like really, half the time its not even to hit someone with EA, you just random dodge.

2. Im not sure of your exact stats but you seem to have at least 2700 armor, so your basically a bunker. I’d really like to see how you perform with a glassier build.

-Teef Teef Teef Teef

If you’re seeing me random dodge, it is either because I am anticipating something, setting up a skill or triggering evasive arcana. I’d ask you to take another look, and if you have a specific question about a dodge, link me a time. I’ll look it up and explain why I did it.

The only time I waste them is when my anticipation is incorrect or the game bugs out.

You have to remember sometimes dodges are best used for movement. When you’re slowed down, a jump dodge will move you forward at out of combat speed. Very useful.

I very much appreciate your comment though, I love talking about gameplay and strategy.

(P.S.) I run 2400 armor and | I’m | not a bunker in the truest form. I just run a balanced build.

Seriously, dancing at the end near someone’s corpse? It’s puerile little actions like this that make me roll my eyes and give people the finger.

Was for the video, and if you dislike it, that’s fine. Thanks for your comment.

(edited by Mbelch.9028)

in Elementalist

Mbelch.9028

I can watch it with firefox from the Netherlands.
like the music, I’m also a decent elementalist, teaching my warrior buddy how to play elementalist at the moment.

I pvp alot (1000 hours these past 5 months) and mostly on elementalist (1500 hours on ele).

Ussualy use D/F, since I dislike the scepter and the off-hand dagger has nice mobility but the focus has soo many perks. Staff is just too slow for my tastes but I do like running zerker staff troll build.

I’m keeping almost all of my builds to myself, have previously experienced that others don’t always get the same results since their play-style is different. Just like yours is to mine. You do alot of jump dodging, optimizing in the use of evasive arcana while I tend to not bring evasive arcana at all :p.

Hey thanks for your comment! I do run a few builds that only go 20 into evasive arcana, but I find the trait to be so effective for roaming. Also, the dagger dagger is a personal choice, mostly I was accustomed to it from roaming so much that I use it everywhere as my “main” weaponset. I do also use S/F and D/F, though.

I’m glad you enjoyed the music, and I’m so happy to have reached someone so far away from me. Thank you for watching.

Unavailable on mobile and I’m in the USA

Yeah mobile will no longer work since YouTube tagged it, you’ll need to watch it on a computer or tablet with “desktop” YouTube on. I’m sorry.

I cant watch it on mobile and im NA

My comment to Micah applies here as well. Sorry ;/ I’ll try to be better at choosing music that won’t get tagged.

in Elementalist

MightyMicah.7451

How about playing this on a trumpet? Is that ok? xD

in Elementalist

Posted by: Elitist.8701

Elitist.8701

-Teef Teef Teef Teef

If you’re seeing me random dodge, it is either because I am anticipating something, setting up a skill or triggering evasive arcana. I’d ask you to take another look, and if you have a specific question about a dodge, link me a time. I’ll look it up and explain why I did it.

The only time I waste them is when my anticipation is incorrect or the game bugs out.

You have to remember sometimes dodges are best used for movement. When you’re slowed down, a jump dodge will move you forward at out of combat speed. Very useful.

I very much appreciate your comment though, I love talking about gameplay and strategy.

(P.S.) I run 2400 armor and | I’m | not a bunker in the truest form. I just run a balanced build.

Ah ok thanks for the clarification. I usually only use dodges for movement on my SD thief because on other classes they’re too precious, but I assume your running energy sigil so I guess it’s ok. Also, your only running 2400 armor!!! I run 2500 on my ele and die much faster. I guess im just bad at DD ele but then again I don’t play it much anymore cuz of people saying its face roll just because of cele.

-Teef Teef Teef Teef

Best Multiclass NA. RIP my beautiful Necromancer, such a shame. Retired, April 2015. GG Anet,
I’m not coming back, not that you care.

in Elementalist

Mbelch.9028

-Teef Teef Teef Teef

Ah ok thanks for the clarification. I usually only use dodges for movement on my SD thief because on other classes they’re too precious, but I assume your running energy sigil so I guess it’s ok. Also, your only running 2400 armor!!! I run 2500 on my ele and die much faster. I guess im just bad at DD ele but then again I don’t play it much anymore cuz of people saying its face roll just because of cele.

-Teef Teef Teef Teef

No problem! And yeah, that sigil is the best thing in the game. Without it I don’t know if I could still play ele lol.

Ele isn’t faceroll in high skill arenas. In a 1v2 a noob using celestial won’t have an advantage. He’s going to die. But in a noob vs noob fight, he’s going to win if he’s using celestial because it does give unskilled players a slight advantage.

You should give your ele another shot! If you do need any help or anything I’d love to help.

in Elementalist

Posted by: scath.9814

scath.9814

Enjoyed the vids very much! I may be the only one, but I find the red of your text overlay a bit difficult to read. I look forward to seeing more though. Cheers!

“You ever wonder why we’re here?”

in Elementalist

Mbelch.9028

Hey guys,

Got a surprise video for you. The first team fight my guild FEAR has done in months, so I thought I’d bring back in black back in style! (Who am I kidding, when did AC/DC ever go out of style lol.)

We just had some friendly 2v2s with a couple of decent players. (The guardian was one of the best I’d seen since Aldix.)

Anyways. Like it, comment on it, share it! I hope you enjoy.

Enjoyed the vids very much! I may be the only one, but I find the red of your text overlay a bit difficult to read. I look forward to seeing more though. Cheers!

You were not the only one! I will change it. I appreciate your support. Keep tuning in. I’m going to try to make a teaching video every other week.

(edited by Mbelch.9028)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Gokil.2543

Gokil.2543

Hey guys,

Got a surprise video for you. The first team fight my guild FEAR has done in months, so I thought I’d bring back in black back in style! (Who am I kidding, when did AC/DC ever go out of style lol.)

We just had some friendly 2v2s with a couple of decent players. (The guardian was one of the best I’d seen since Aldix.)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4dGKojiJA3k

You were not the only one! I will change it. I appreciate your support. Keep tuning in. I’m going to try to make a teaching video every other week.

I’ve been thinking this for a while, but you NA folks are truly obsessed with the ‘best’ players at everything. None of the players in this video made any significant plays, and team synergy plays were non-existent.

Also, stop with the random (jump) dodges please. It’s not fun to watch.

[Walk] Elemelentalist
Youtube

in Elementalist

Mbelch.9028

Hey guys,

I’ve been thinking this for a while, but you NA folks are truly obsessed with the ‘best’ players at everything. None of the players in this video made any significant plays, and team synergy plays were non-existent.

Well I very much disagree about the zero team play statement. Nobody was on voice coms, so it was just a for fun thing. It was entertaining and refreshing to not have to take things so seriously, so I don’t know why that’s a bad thing.

Also, I don’t random dodge. The only random dodge in there that was actually a mistake was the double dodge through churning earth. I thought I messed up my timing, and I thought better safe then sorry. I also dodge after people get downed just to cancel my stomp that I sometimes trigger. Otherwise, I have a purpose behind just about every single one.

Sorry you don’t like them, but I enjoy that method of dodging.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Warlord of Chaos.7845

Warlord of Chaos.7845

Gotta get some popcorn for this, you two are such great players that was really entertaining to see the synergy from both of ya. If only I had more time I would add a charr Mesmer to the mix :/

-Rylock [vE]
Retired.

in Elementalist

Mbelch.9028

Gotta get some popcorn for this, you two are such great players that was really entertaining to see the synergy from both of ya. If only I had more time I would add a charr Mesmer to the mix :/

Buddy if I didn’t know you, I’d have to say that was sarcasm! Thankfully I know it isn’t, and thankfully someone saw the little bits of team play coming through from us. It’s easy to just say negative things lol.

You’re welcome to join our party/team/guild any day. We could use a shattering charr Mesmer every time!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Simon.3794

Simon.3794

Gotta say, the intro is pretty sick

in Elementalist

Posted by: Cecilia.5179

Cecilia.5179

Those videos were very impressive. I simply do not compare on my ele.

Necromancer Rights Advocate
Restart WvW: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Clean-The-Slate/first#post6208959
#CleanTheSlate

in Elementalist

Mbelch.9028

Gotta say, the intro is pretty sick

Gosh thank you. I spent so long on it, I thought everybody was going to hate on it! Lol. MUCH appreciated.

Those videos were very impressive. I simply do not compare on my ele.

Thank you!!! If you want to work on ele skills, just PM me! I’d love to help.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zord.6130

Zord.6130

Remember that sometimes, dodges are used to take a small breath and see what’s happening around, including your conditions, your buffs, enemy positions, things you can use to LoS…
Sometimes I watch old videos of me random dodging, but I know that there is a why to 99% of my dodges.

Powerpuff Girls [PPG]
Trixxi Is Cute – Purple Fhaz: your daily roamer

in Elementalist

Posted by: sorrychief.2563

sorrychief.2563

Remember that sometimes, dodges are used to take a small breath and see what’s happening around, including your conditions, your buffs, enemy positions, things you can use to LoS…
Sometimes I watch old videos of me random dodging, but I know that there is a why to 99% of my dodges.

because ele is a light armor class with lowest base hp? no such thing as random dodging if it helps to negate damage even if it wasn’t the bulk of incomming heat.

champion magus
previously rank 2 on old leaderboards
EG.secret.OG.NAVI.sorrychief

in Elementalist

Mbelch.9028

Completely agree about breathing room. It’s all about positioning. I use dodges all the time to set up burning speed. And I’m far more accurate for it.

in Elementalist

MightyMicah.7451

Not to mention you’ve got constant vigor upkeep. Why not use a few dodges? A dodge unused is a dodge wasted.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Gokil.2543

Gokil.2543

Hey guys,

Well I very much disagree about the zero team play statement. Nobody was on voice coms, so it was just a for fun thing. It was entertaining and refreshing to not have to take things so seriously, so I don’t know why that’s a bad thing.

Also, I don’t random dodge. The only random dodge in there that was actually a mistake was the double dodge through churning earth. I thought I messed up my timing, and I thought better safe then sorry. I also dodge after people get downed just to cancel my stomp that I sometimes trigger. Otherwise, I have a purpose behind just about every single one.

You didn’t blast a single water field in all these fights. Not just that, you hardly ever healed your engi, nor gave him protection or anything. No effort was made on either team to set up any kind of burst combos, most basic one would have been for the guardian to gs pull you in at the end of the ele’s churn, since he had a binding blade on you at the time.

Name me one worthwhile example of team play in that fight.

This really wouldn’t bother me that much if you didn’t choose to advertise this video as being vs ‘one of the best guardians’ and such.

The dodge remark is from the POV of a viewer, not a critic. It genuinely is hard to watch the video because of it imho.

[Walk] Elemelentalist
Youtube

in Elementalist

Mbelch.9028

Hey guys,

You didn’t blast a single water field in all these fights. Not just that, you hardly ever healed your engi, nor gave him protection or anything. No effort was made on either team to set up any kind of burst combos, most basic one would have been for the guardian to gs pull you in at the end of the ele’s churn, since he had a binding blade on you at the time.

Name me one worthwhile example of team play in that fight.

This really wouldn’t bother me that much if you didn’t choose to advertise this video as being vs ‘one of the best guardians’ and such.

The dodge remark is from the POV of a viewer, not a critic. It genuinely is hard to watch the video because of it imho.

He blasts the water field each time. His is the responsibility for his field. I give him might, and I CC and distract for him. He doesn’t need heals, he has 10k every time his turret is up.

Anyways, I never said he was one of the best guards. He’s just comparable to aldix. Man you’re taking things very harshly.

One worthwhile example of team play? Setting up a churning earth and him immobilizing someone in it. Team play to create the damage. Or when we are all clumped up and I use shocking aura to give him room.

We played a lot more rounds than what you see here, I just liked these three.

in Elementalist

Mbelch.9028

Not to mention you’ve got constant vigor upkeep. Why not use a few dodges? A dodge unused is a dodge wasted.

Have to use them. If your bar is full, you’re crippling yourself.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Necrotize.2974

Necrotize.2974

Just something I noticed, you don’t use Cleansing Fire very often. You used it once out of all 3 fights from the last video. Now it could just be that the 2v2 you had wasn’t applying heavy conditions, but still, having it off cd for an entire match seems like a bit of a waste, especially when condi-clears are so common for D/D eles via attuning to water, water 5, and dodge roll in water.

Love the videos though. Hope you make more.

in Elementalist

Mbelch.9028

Just something I noticed, you don’t use Cleansing Fire very often. You used it once out of all 3 fights from the last video. Now it could just be that the 2v2 you had wasn’t applying heavy conditions, but still, having it off cd for an entire match seems like a bit of a waste, especially when condi-clears are so common for D/D eles via attuning to water, water 5, and dodge roll in water.

Love the videos though. Hope you make more.

I’m glad someone pointed this out. I always have that on my bar. Even if I don’t use it, I need that condition out. Thats an ele weakness right there. Believe it or not, though we can clear a steady stream of conditions, every 10 seconds with water attunenment, we’re very susceptible to a condi bomb. I saved it because at any moment I could get blind and burn from the guardian, immob, bleed, chill, weakness and poison from the ele. In said situation I would definitely use it.

But you are right. I save that as my oh kitten button.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Warlord of Chaos.7845

Warlord of Chaos.7845

Oh yea I just noticed you aren’t using lightning flash anymore. Is it because of the burning speed nerf or are you just too pro for it

-Rylock [vE]
Retired.

in Elementalist

Mbelch.9028

Oh yea I just noticed you aren’t using lightning flash anymore. Is it because of the burning speed nerf or are you just too pro for it

Good question. I’d never say I’m too pro for anything. I’m a scrub! Lol but I think lightning flash is super useful, but it’s a crutch. It is good for movement and combining five D/D skills, but it is too buggy.

I won’t put my life in the hands of something that sometimes sticks me into the ground or pretends to teleport me but puts me back in the spot I was trying to get out of lol.