Next expansion elite spec?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Dragon.4782

Dragon.4782

Does anyone know what the elementalist elite spec will be for the next expansion? What weapon will it use? I am farming gold like you would not believe so I can get gear for my toons and their respective elite specs.

in Elementalist

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

The leaks suggest sword, and some weird mechanic about having access to less attunements but being able to combine them in some fashion. Apart from that, we don’t really know.

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

in Elementalist

Posted by: InsaneQR.7412

InsaneQR.7412

Eles get dualwield skills like thief has and you can swap attunements from off- and mainhand indipendently. But just 2 elements for each. Thats what it atleast looks like.
Sword as weapons, utilities no clue.

Pale Raiders united.
9 Sylvari, 9 unique Builds.

in Elementalist

Posted by: wiczan.2705

wiczan.2705

https://imgur.com/gallery/CUK53
You’re welcome! ( •??•? )

in Elementalist

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Dragon.4782

Dragon.4782

Eles get dualwield skills like thief has and you can swap attunements from off- and mainhand indipendently. But just 2 elements for each. Thats what it atleast looks like.

That sounds really intense!

in Elementalist

InsaneQR.7412

That sounds really intense!

Yeah if it is like this,it would give a kitten ton of new skills to eles.
Sword 2 new skills plus 1 new skill for every MH and OH combination. And maybe a new skill for the two handed weapons, because of the 2 elements on 1 weapon. Plus utilities, heal and elite.

Pale Raiders united.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Yannir.4132

Yannir.4132

To be fair, Elemental Sword predates GW2. So not JUST a cash grab. A nostalgia grab as well.

Yannir for males. (guard,thief,war,ele)
Sonya for females. (necro,rev,ranger,mes,engi)
All classes lvl 80.

in Elementalist

Posted by: DirtyDan.4759

DirtyDan.4759

https://imgur.com/gallery/CUK53
You’re welcome! ( •??•? )

Thanks, finaly I get to see the Ele one. The name is even worse than Dragonhunter.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Keadron.9570

Keadron.9570

Are we sure this is a dps spec? I wouldn’t put it past anet to force yet another support spec on us

in Elementalist

InsaneQR.7412

Are we sure this is a dps spec? I wouldn’t put it past anet to force yet another support spec on us

If isnt dps it would be rather control and not support. I think they try to vary with the E-Spec roles.

Pale Raiders united.

in Elementalist

Keadron.9570

After tempest I wouldn’t be willing to pay for another support spec

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mr Godlike.6098

Mr Godlike.6098

After tempest I won’t pay for spec that works against class main mechanic and leaks suggests that dev think that ele’s (that play more then 2 years) have somehow problem with 4 attunements.

I won’t buy expansion also if ele again won’t gain any damage migration skills on demand…I refuse spec that can’t escape water, earth traits and tank/support amulets.

Was depressed ele…now depressed druid
Kawaleria (KW)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nyx.6532

Nyx.6532

The leaks suggest sword, and some weird mechanic about having access to less attunements but being able to combine them in some fashion. Apart from that, we don’t really know.

more melee -_-
why is there no love for long range ele… sigh…

in Elementalist

Keadron.9570

At least if it melee they have to give it tools to survive. Hoping for core ele buffs and tempest nerfs.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Sifu.9745

Sifu.9745

Does anyone know what the elementalist elite spec will be for the next expansion? What weapon will it use? I am farming gold like you would not believe so I can get gear for my toons and their respective elite specs.

Please, no more elite specs: one is more than enough. If we get two elite spec next expac that will drastically reduce the way that we create our own builds. Just think about, two elite specs means we will be “forced” to take these two elite trait lines: Tempest + the new one.

(edited by Sifu.9745)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Feanor.2358

Feanor.2358

Please, no more elite specs: one is more than enough. If we get two elite spec next expac that will drastically reduce the way that we create our own builds. Just think about, two elite specs means we will be “forced” to take these two elite trait lines: Tempest + the new one.

The whole idea of elite specs is to have several to choose from. And no, you’re not getting forced into getting both of them, you can only pick one elite line.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Personally I just can’t wait to see how terribly useless the new “Elite” skill will be. Expecting 3 stacks of might on a 1 minute cool down, or something like that.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Necrum Davengers.3519

Necrum Davengers.3519

Arena.net dosen’t bother anymore about the elemantalist.

in Elementalist

Posted by: PeerlessArch.6547

PeerlessArch.6547

I wish they would add more ranged instead of melee. Like Bow for so we could have an Arcane Archer type.

Currently wandering Tarnished Coast
Celestiel Veil – 80 Elementalist
{MOON}

in Elementalist

Posted by: Thormagor.5418

Thormagor.5418

I think that a new elite spe is a good idea because we can use only one elite spe at the same time, so with two elite spé we could use more different opti build (2 or more, one for each spe)

Sorry for my mystaque i’m not very good in english.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Bezerker.2379

Bezerker.2379

You can only choose one elite spec (3rd trait line).

That’s the intent. You will be forced to choose between core, tempest, or weaver.