No Sweap Weapon

No Sweap Weapon

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wander.8760

Wander.8760

Of all races the elementarist is the only that as a discrimated system to sweapon his weapon, it should be better if the elementarist could change his weapon instantly like the mesmer, ranger, necromancer, warrior etc… For the people who likes to play with elementalist have so many disavantages because we can’t sumon fixed animals, like ranger neither make various clones like mesmer nor sweap our weapons faster. I hope this system gets better to the elementalists.

No Sweap Weapon

in Elementalist

Posted by: rabidsmiles.5926

rabidsmiles.5926

First of all, they aren’t races, they are professions. Secondly, you do have a swap but its the f1-4 skills, giving the ele 20 different skills to use on top of their utilities. If they were given weapon swap, that would be 40 different ones. So no.

No Sweap Weapon

in Elementalist

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

Wander do you know this thing called ’’balance’’. You give different strenght and weakness to different profession so they don’t feel exact replica of each other.

To add to the mistake rabidsmiles pointed at already, you also forgot about Engineer and Revenant which don’t have weapon swap.

Elementalist don’t have weapon swap, but they have Attenument to balance that.
Engineer don’t have weapon swap, but they have kits to balance that.
Revenant don’t have weapon swap, but they have Legend to balance that.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

No Sweap Weapon

in Elementalist

Posted by: Swim.6830

Swim.6830

Swap weapon should be added ONLY if out of combat (for the staff guys yo).

Normal weapon skill cooldowns are needed though.

Zwim Elementalist
Consigliere
The Dragoon Brotherhood

No Sweap Weapon

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zelyhn Lekovitch.2867

Zelyhn Lekovitch.2867

Wander do you know this thing called ’’balance’’. You give different strenght and weakness to different profession so they don’t feel exact replica of each other.

To add to the mistake rabidsmiles pointed at already, you also forgot about Engineer and Revenant which don’t have weapon swap.

Elementalist don’t have weapon swap, but they have Attenument to balance that.
Engineer don’t have weapon swap, but they have kits to balance that.
Revenant don’t have weapon swap, but they have Legend to balance that.

You are definitely right.

But for the sake of balance I would gladly let all other classes have access to conjures, just so that they know how it feels to dedicate valuable utility slots to such useless nonsense

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]
Retired elementalist theorycrafter

No Sweap Weapon

in Elementalist

Thaddeus.4891

But for the sake of balance I would gladly let all other classes have access to conjures, just so that they know how it feel to dedicate valuable utility slots to such useless nonsense

I have no problem taking Icebow or lighting hammer with my Ele. But if it,s really a problem, maybe you could talk about it to the Warrior, he have it even worst with the banners.

No Sweap Weapon

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zelyhn Lekovitch.2867

Zelyhn Lekovitch.2867

But for the sake of balance I would gladly let all other classes have access to conjures, just so that they know how it feel to dedicate valuable utility slots to such useless nonsense

I have no problem taking Icebow or lighting hammer with my Ele. But if it,s really a problem, maybe you could talk about it to the Warrior, he have it even worst with the banners.

Well they can drop the banner and still pick it up afterwards!
IB and LH are fine in PvE now, but once they “put them in line with other conjures” they will be as useless to us in PvE as they are in PvP now

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]
Retired elementalist theorycrafter

No Sweap Weapon

in Elementalist

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

Engineer nor Revenant can swap weapons, and both are far more limited in abilities than Ele. Good luck!

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

No Sweap Weapon

in Elementalist

Thaddeus.4891

Well they can drop the banner and still pick it up afterwards!
IB and LH are fine in PvE now, but once they “put them in line with other conjures” they will be as useless to us in PvE as they are in PvP now

Yup. Icebow isn’t too bad, they can nerf it by a good margin and still be useful. As long as it’s higher than Lava Front + Autoattack it will be use as a burst skill, just a less powerful one.

LH on the other hand don’t have much breathing space as it is now. Phalanx Warrior already make LH build less popular, a nerf to LH could kill this kind of build completetly.

LH should stay like it is, while Axe and Shield should be buff or at least changed.

No Sweap Weapon

in Elementalist

Posted by: Paragon.6158

Paragon.6158

I don’t think a weapon swap OUT OF COMBAT is unbalanced or too much ask for. I think having to open up my inventory find what I want to swap to and swap them. I feel like that whole process is unintuitive and brakes immersion. In my opinion it’s a small change (maybe not technically) but it would provide us with a huge quality of life change for us.

Fortune favors the bold.

No Sweap Weapon

in Elementalist

Posted by: Cuchullain.3104

Cuchullain.3104

I agree an out of combat weapon swap is a must and not unbalanced in any way. It would be great to be able to switch from staff to d/d instantly in WvW depending upon what kind of opposition you are facing. Once you’re in combat you are committed to your choice so this does not affect balance.

I would also like the ability to switch attunements out of combat without triggering a long cooldown like everyone else can do. I can see having a cd in combat but out of combat just seems an unfair and clumsy disadvantage that makes it difficult to set up the combos you want to use.

No Sweap Weapon

in Elementalist

Posted by: Grimreaper.5370

Grimreaper.5370

First of all, they aren’t races, they are professions. Secondly, you do have a swap but its the f1-4 skills, giving the ele 20 different skills to use on top of their utilities. If they were given weapon swap, that would be 40 different ones. So no.

Its really more like 15 or 16 different skills since a few of the auto attacks are almost never used along with some of the actual skills themselves, depending on weapon choice.