Noob Elementalist question

in Elementalist

Posted by: GuildWarsPlayer.5608

GuildWarsPlayer.5608

I recently hit 80 plus with my warrior chararcter who I absolutely love and now am turning my attentions to an elementalist character as an alt to keep things interesting and play a totally different style of game play.

I’ve noticed there is no weapon switch with elementalist which brings me to the question " What is the best weapon or weapons to level up with ? "

I really enjoy the fire ability of the elementalist and noticed that fire seems to be the biggest damage dealer for elementalist.

As A noob leveling an elementalist ( solo ) what is the best weapon,assuming there is one,to use ? I’m thinking staff but would like some feedback from some of the veteran elementalist players.

Thanks for those who decide to send feedback.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nittles.1582

Nittles.1582

We have so few weapons that you should just try them all out and see what you like. You should definitely keep a staff with you at all times, to switch to before doing large events, but if you like to run something else, go for it. I personally love D/D. It’s melee range, but the defense is much more active than a warrior or guard, so it’s a lot more engaging.

in Elementalist

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

Carry all the weapons, they are all useful in different situations You’ll always have 3-4 slots available in your invisible bag :P

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

in Elementalist

GuildWarsPlayer.5608

We have so few weapons that you should just try them all out and see what you like. You should definitely keep a staff with you at all times, to switch to before doing large events, but if you like to run something else, go for it. I personally love D/D. It’s melee range, but the defense is much more active than a warrior or guard, so it’s a lot more engaging.

Appreciate that double dagger info.I’ve been staying away from them because I thought it would be better to range enemies with the staff since elementalist wear light armor.I didn’t know double daggers provided defense.

in Elementalist

GuildWarsPlayer.5608

Carry all the weapons, they are all useful in different situations You’ll always have 3-4 slots available in your invisible bag :P

Invisible bag you say…..hmmmmm.

Thanks.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Baladir.2736

Baladir.2736

Appreciate that double dagger info.I’ve been staying away from them because I thought it would be better to range enemies with the staff since elementalist wear light armor.I didn’t know double daggers provided defense.

Heh, I dare to say you are missing alot of defense the class has to offer in all the weapons. The list is really really long on how we can avoid damage, mitagate damage, and heal over damage thru boons on ourselves, conditions on mobs, and heals, all by any number of means including dodges, traits, skills, sigils, and runes.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Razor.6392

Razor.6392

use them all.

I need to get myself a focus lol

Level 60 pvp
Ele & thief main (full ascended)
Down with the braindead faceroll classes.