Noob help

Noob help

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mystogan.4157

Mystogan.4157

I just started playing d/d els… lvl 6 so far. how do you know what attunment to be in at what time?i know earth has bleed water has healing fire has burn and wind has weakness and quickness but i feel i do better when i stick to one of them. but i know this isnt the best way to play. anyone want to point me in the right direction?

Thy Shall Fear The Reaper (FxRe)

Noob help

in Elementalist

Posted by: Odeken.8421

Odeken.8421

Keep in mind a basic guideline (you can change this in whatever way depending on the situation, but I have found it to be somewhat constant): Start in air, then go fire, then go earth, then go water if you need to.

It’s not always about being in a certain attunement, it’s about finding a comfortable flow. I like speeding up to my target with Ride the Lightning (air 4), knocking them back (air 5), swap to fire, (fire 3) to get on top of them. Then proceed as I see fit and swapping to earth.

You can see that the above is a comfortable way to start an engagement on your terms. You decide when to approach the target, then you RTL to him, and immediately updraft which knocks them down, but also pushes you back. This new distance is perfect for the Fire 3 skill to close the gap and finish him off.

Just keep playing, elementalist didn’t really click for me till around level 8, and some people say it took them till around level 30 for it to click. Keep swapping attunements during fights and looking at which skills do what. Keep combos in mind as well when you get more comfortable.

Noob help

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mystogan.4157

Mystogan.4157

okay so the more u play the more ull get comfortable lol

Thy Shall Fear The Reaper (FxRe)

Noob help

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mahanaxar.1386

Mahanaxar.1386

Took me quite a while to get a feel for what to use when as well but just from leveling and practicing your “rotation” you start to just do it instinctively.

Relentless Raven, 80 Warrior
Robin Sparklies, 80 Elementalist
Crimethink [ct] – Yak’s Bend

Noob help

in Elementalist

Posted by: Intigo.1653

Intigo.1653

Elementalist is great in that there are many intricacies when it comes to playing the class and the skill cap is rather high. You may do well after just some time (as is evident by the many D/D Eles running around with Signet + Healing gear and spamming skills), but there’s still a long way to go for you to actually be at your best.

80 Asura Elementalist – [Red Guard]
http://www.youtube.com/user/IntigoGW2