Not liking Elementalist lack of survivability

in Elementalist

Posted by: Stridix.4260

Stridix.4260

To test out how good u r in lvl 80 do cof path 2 and see how long u will last during the kiting sequence w/Maggie b4 endboss.
It is not about gear, it is about skills, knowledge of ur character.
Or of course just do pvp.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

To test out how good u r in lvl 80 do cof path 2 and see how long u will last during the kiting sequence w/Maggie b4 endboss.
It is not about gear, it is about skills, knowledge of ur character.
Or of course just do pvp.

funny you say that. I never got past 31% with any of my toons except my ele I hit 74

in Elementalist

Posted by: Rugworm.1857

Rugworm.1857

Most of the arguments put forward here depend almost purely on gear.

Fact is, take away the bulk of high level rares which are being twinked onto the avg elem and you’re dead when you get mobbed in a downgraded fight.

Every other class, will survive the same fight. But because you’re attacks are on much higher cool downs and you suddenly have almost no health.. without the bonus stats from gear and weapons, your ability is non existent.

One on a few at your own level easy as pie.. loss a dozen levels.. see how fast you die when you can’t heal yourself.

I’ve got 5 chars in 5 different classes. 4 are fun, elem is ok.. until you try to go back and clear maps then it’s just a misery.

in Elementalist

Posted by: jaif.3518

jaif.3518

For PvE at lvl 20, I really think the advice in this thread (d/d, s/d, learn to move and dodge) is the best long-term advice.

For the short term, put 10 points into water, take the trait that gives you regen with cantrips, go dagger/focus, and stay in water most of the time. REMEMBER TO ESCAPE, HEAL, AND COME BACK FAST if things get scary.

-Jeff

P.S. I leave the heal to your tastes. The key here is that the regen from your cantrips stacks over the healing from lvl 5 water, so as long as you don’t wait too long to use the cantrips you can be fairly tanky.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Negativity.5801

Negativity.5801

use lightning hammer

mash 1

win game

in Elementalist

Posted by: Solori.6025

Solori.6025

kittening troll or some kitten, the amount of mist forms your class has, escapes and water elemental that heals on every cast get the kitten up outta here man. kittening idiot.

I dont care what level you are, I dont care if your just lv22 dont making kittenty posts like this.

…..You have no idea what your talking about do you?…0_0

@OP

You need to get to 40, ele is actually quite challenging low levels but after that, its pretty much smooth sailing.
That being said, it requires a lot of forethought to play this class decently.

And for dungeons, I cant think of a single reason why staff would be better that S/D or D/D

but then again..

I hate staff

The world needs more KUNG FURY!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg

in Elementalist

Posted by: Strang.8170

Strang.8170

And for dungeons, I cant think of a single reason why staff would be better that S/D or D/D

but then again..

I hate staff

2x waterfield for starters.
Ridiculous amounts of soft cc.
Fields beyond your wildest dreams.
oh, and 1200 range.

Staff is awesome weapon, and infact is the only thing i used when levelling my ele, everything else seemed rather lackluster. Mainly because with staff your traits really don´t matter, nor does your gear…well they matter, but having subpar build and gear doesn´t harmstring you.

And then to weakness accusations:

Lightning hammer and spam 1.
Glyph of storms in earth and profit.
All you need for levelling and clearing maps.

Or you can learn to actualy play and profit. Orr in gear ranging from blue to yellow and from lvl 60 to 80 is a breeze. You can facetank 3-5 mobs easy enough.

Dr.Strang E – Nameless veterans (NV) – Gandara (EU)
[ ex- Piken Square (EU), ex- Aurora Glade (EU) ]

in Elementalist

Posted by: Knox.3748

Knox.3748

Staff is great for aoe cc and aoe damage. I cant understand why people wouldnt want to use staff in a dungeon. But it depends on your playstyle tho. I always use my staff ele.

in Elementalist

Posted by: lagrangeify.5641

lagrangeify.5641

I had a fire traited staff ele at launch and I found her horrendous to level, she was constantly eating dirt. I deleted the kitten.

I’m leveling an ele again having been through the game several times on what I’d consider were easier profs. This time as dagger/dagger though, and it’s miles better. I’m still eating dirt when I’ve blown my escape cooldowns or spammed dodge to exhaustion, but I’m far better at actively avoiding damage than I was at launch. I like the fact that I might come out of a fight with dangerously low HP, but I’ve just blown a pack to kingdom come dizzyingly fast with an array of seriously righteous AoE attacks that don’t require me to go head to head with anything. Risk/reward is just about right I’d say.

It’s not the easiest class at all, but actually I’m fine with that. Warrior’s by comparison just entirely trivialise content, and for me that’s the quickest way to take the shine off this game.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Magische Boek.2530

Magische Boek.2530

i played a thief to lvl 80 so i know what i can expect when im about to face a mob.
with my elementalist of lvl 22 with lvl 20 gear i can take down multiple enemys of my same lvl or a few lvl higher. i can also defeat veterans solo. ive played alot of pvp before i went lvling it in pve. thats how i got the hang of it. im always using D/D. and im not having much trouble with it. the key to playing elementalist is, to not just stay in one atunement and use every skill 1 by 1 until they are all on cooldown and than maybe swap to the next atunement… you will need to switch alot and use skills from 1 element to help out the other element. its totally not like any other profession where u can stay in one weaponset. you realy need to keep changing atunements and use the full power your elementalist has.

I’m not arguing!
I’m simply explaining why I’m right.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ravien.4823

Ravien.4823

Even when I go face first into a group of 3+ equal or higher level mobs (or when I am downleveled) I can take them all on no sweat.

I find elementalists quite powerful at leveling. Granted, I’m only level 24 right now, but so far it’s as easy as thief and almost as fast as necro. (necro has much better survivability in pve due to minions though)

I don’t get why people are complaining about elementalist leveling, it seems fine to me. I kill stuff quick, I can do well with a staff or D/D, I have plenty of escape and healing abilities to deal with emergencies, and I can easily handle being downleveled, equal levels, or higher level groups of mobs or single veterans either solo or in events with other players. The AOE buffs and heals also mean I can greatly help allies if the situation call for it.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Shifu.4321

Shifu.4321

I used daphoenix’s build for my ele, and I find it pretty good in terms of survivability. Not as survivable as my guardian, but not much less survivable than my shouts warrior (mostly due to hp) and loads tougher than my grenades/elixir engineer.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Biomanz.9302

Biomanz.9302

DD or staff ele do have it a bit tougher soloing. You need to really use most of your 20’sh available skills as you move from mob to mob to be effective. Don’t go glass cannon – worked much better for me when I stacked some toughness/vit.

Taera Locke – staff ele
Red circles heal you. Just relax.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Magische Boek.2530

Magische Boek.2530

i completed gendarran fields (lvl 25-35 map) when i was lvl 30. even cleared out the cave with the ettins to get the skillpoint. 1 veteran ettin and 2 normal ettins at once and i defeated them without much problems even tho they were higher lvl than me. elementalist survivability realy relies on skill i think. i used dagger dagger. the healing gliph, blinding flash, mist form, ice bow. traits, 10 arcana (boon on atunement change) and 10 air (zephyr’s boon)

I’m not arguing!
I’m simply explaining why I’m right.