Oct. 1st Elem updates

Oct. 1st Elem updates

in Elementalist

Posted by: Bsquared.3421

Bsquared.3421

It’s sad that I am more excited to login to the forums to see if they fixed this junk class than I am to play the game. I was super excited for this game but very disheartened now.

It’s sad that you feel the Ele is a “junk class” to begin with. Others, myself included, seem to be quite effective with the class (in PvP and PvE).

PvE is a little tougher, as our greatest benefit is group support, so solo’ing content can be frustrating at times, but PvP wise we’re good now and will be very good if/when more of our bugs get fixed (and I have no reason to doubt they will).

PvP-wise, try the splish-splash spec (0/0/10/30/30) with D/D, or even staff support, you might be pleasantly surprised. I don’t feel “squishy” at all with this spec and I kill plenty of folks pretty easily. Yes, I know, this class isn’t the single-highest damage nuker in the game like some of us thought it might be in our own personal fantasy, but with all that utility at our disposal we’d be OP if they also gave us the highest damage.

Nerfedname – Elementalist
Legion of Anvil Rock [XXIV] – Anvil Rock

Oct. 1st Elem updates

in Elementalist

Posted by: Eicherjw.3926

Eicherjw.3926

I find the 25/25/0/0/20 spec + power/crit/precision gear to be very good glass cannon build. I also have 6 runes of scholar and use +100percision +10% crit damage food. Why I only have 13k HP, I fit like a f-en freight train. Only class I can’t pwn 1 vs 1 with D/D are good thiefs. For keep defense I sport staff and rain hell from above.

(edited by Eicherjw.3926)

Oct. 1st Elem updates

in Elementalist

Posted by: Temperantia.3207

Temperantia.3207

I just don’t get why fixing the Ele is not a critical issue. As we can see, the majority of people are finding this profession very frustating.

Oct. 1st Elem updates

in Elementalist

Posted by: DaedalusDragon.3754

DaedalusDragon.3754

Ele is a junk class. I’m sorry that you can’t see past your own abilities and find that it really isn’t worth playing for anything more than the playstyle at the moment. Just because I can “make it work” doesn’t mean it works. Every other class is purely better than the ele right now. If, for just one second, we could get everybody to understand what we mean, I’m pretty sure you would agree. I shouldn’t have to master my class just so I can compete in PvE. Do you have a build that you use that doesn’t have any points in arcana or water? All eles are forced to put points into arcana and water for the most part.

Oct. 1st Elem updates

in Elementalist

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

Ele is a junk class. I’m sorry that you can’t see past your own abilities and find that it really isn’t worth playing for anything more than the playstyle at the moment. Just because I can “make it work” doesn’t mean it works. Every other class is purely better than the ele right now. If, for just one second, we could get everybody to understand what we mean, I’m pretty sure you would agree. I shouldn’t have to master my class just so I can compete in PvE. Do you have a build that you use that doesn’t have any points in arcana or water? All eles are forced to put points into arcana and water for the most part.

A lot of people here will not disagree with you, just like a a lot of people will not disagree in the other class boards that THEIR class is junk. The reality is that, fixing balance is not a priority for them, YOU as an individual might not like it (personally I don’t) but I gave up the illusion at 10 years old that the world matches to my desires. So calling it a junk class might making u feel better short term but it wont change anything, until the critical problems are fixed.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

Oct. 1st Elem updates

in Elementalist

Eicherjw.3926

I don’t use water but I do use arcana for the vigor/arcana shield/increased staff AOE size. Besides, if you can master a broken class, once they fix it, you will be god-like.

Oct. 1st Elem updates

in Elementalist

Posted by: Xriah.5743

Xriah.5743

Seriously, just go play another class at this point. If you’re not happy with the Ele now, you’re probably not going to be anytime soon. There are plenty of us who enjoy the Ele and do very well with him. If you lack the ability to use him more effectively, then stop using him.

Oct. 1st Elem updates

in Elementalist

Eicherjw.3926

I love elementals, even if they’re broken as hell.

Oct. 1st Elem updates

in Elementalist

Posted by: Laivine.9308

Laivine.9308

“If you lack the ability to use him more effectively, then stop using him.”

Wait, do you have to be a player with special abilities to play this class? Oh wow good for u! You are special and I am not. I am so happy that a company made finally a class to make players distinguish the smart from the fools!

Seriously?

Oct. 1st Elem updates

in Elementalist

Posted by: elchulo.3148

elchulo.3148

There is no excuse for not buffing us. They nerfed us to hell after short beta events but can’t buff us after 5 weeks?!? Makes no sense.

Oct. 1st Elem updates

in Elementalist

DaedalusDragon.3754

They took five minutes to nerf us and wait months to fix us. Ridiculous. If you don’t like this thread then don’t respond. You aren’t going to change me… I’m WAY too stubborn for that.

Oct. 1st Elem updates

in Elementalist

silvermember.8941

They took five minutes to nerf us and wait months to fix us. Ridiculous. If you don’t like this thread then don’t respond. You aren’t going to change me… I’m WAY too stubborn for that.

Unfortunately, the world does not revolve around you. You can try and make it all about you, but all you doing is making unnecessary noise. But I suppose based on this post, you don’t really care what anybody things, so my question is why should they care what you think? (oh i m gonna quit, is not a valid response since they already go your money haha).

Oct. 1st Elem updates

in Elementalist

Laivine.9308

Some people are so grateful for a game that has been offered to you, as if it was free, so you can’t ask for more. “Thank you dear company, don’t rush, we will always love you whatever you do!”
Are you serious? A customer is always right! We paid for this game, I also paid for all Gw1 +expansions+bonus quests + costumes x2 times. I am a loyal customer and I have the right to demand my product to be non faulty and finalized from the company in which I deposit my precious hard work earned money since 2007!
Get serious and figure how business world works. Otherwise just do your thing praising companies as if they are Gods or something! And also stop throwing people the L2P thing, its so arrogant that disgusts me!
After all these years I came to a conclusion. It’s not the “x companies” that make me angry but the loyal fanboys which apparently feel that they have the duty to defend them, as if they make PR for them. Relax! We are not going to hurt them!

Oct. 1st Elem updates

in Elementalist

DaedalusDragon.3754

@silvermember
What is “unnecessary noise”… oh you mean your post right? You don’t understand how a business works. I care what other people think but nobody has given me reason too in this thread. On the other hand, I DON’T care what anybody else thinks about me so posts similar to yours are pointless. You aren’t going to offend me (and trust me, whether you know it or not, that is your goal).

ArenaNet, you have seen this and you know what we are asking for. What is stopping you from answering in almost any fashion you choose? Just get us some information. If you don’t know specifics then don’t give us specifics. All most of us want to know is your opinion on the elementalist and how long we might have to wait (in relation to other classes, not even in units of time) to get the bugs fixed that hamper builds. One of those pieces of information doesn’t even have to wait for some mystical meta to develop… because we all know the meta developed before you nerfed us to hell.

Oct. 1st Elem updates

in Elementalist

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

We aren’t praising Anet for being gods nor saying that everything is perfect. We know the elementalist has a lot of problems, but we are being realistic: the elementalist is not “junk” with the best builds out there (even though I consider power eles to be completely junk), it’s not at the worse state at the moment (necromancer is/ was), and bugs and nerfs to OP attacks are clearly the highest priority right now.

I sure am expecting buffs to our class someday. But I was also expecting this patch to revolve around nerfs, bug fixes and necromancer changes, just like the previous patch, and seems like I was right. And I wouldn’t be surprised if the next one focused on the same issues.

Having gotten buffs to MH air dagger, especially for pve, was a pleasant an unexpected surprise.

Oct. 1st Elem updates

in Elementalist

DaedalusDragon.3754

We aren’t praising Anet for being gods nor saying that everything is perfect. We know the elementalist has a lot of problems, but we are being realistic: the elementalist is not “junk” with the best builds out there (even though I consider power eles to be completely junk), it’s not at the worse state at the moment (necromancer is/ was), and bugs and nerfs to OP attacks are clearly the highest priority right now.

I sure am expecting buffs to our class someday. But I was also expecting this patch to revolve around nerfs, bug fixes and necromancer changes, just like the previous patch, and I wouldn’t be surprised if the next one focused on the same issues.

Having gotten buffs to MH air dagger, especially for pve, was a pleasant surprise.

I think the problem here is that we agree but we don’t know it. I realize that it may take a while to get any changes. I just want Anet to give us some information. Whether people believe that we, as paying customers, deserve answers or not, the truth is that this isn’t all that much to ask. If they are even slightly well managed, which I believe they are, they already have a rough plan that they could share. And sure, if they change it there will probably be people who get upset but that does not mean that they should hide it from us and not treat us like the people who pay them our hard earned money. I don’t get a paycheck without having to deal with other people and their problems and I don’t see why they are special.

Oct. 1st Elem updates

in Elementalist

Posted by: serena smith.2734

serena smith.2734

I’m just really mad about how Ele gets worse after every patch, I’m starting to think that Anet really enjoys kittening our class more and more every time…

When the wind is so strong that you almost can hear a whisper calling your name..
This is your calling, to The battle of your life.

Oct. 1st Elem updates

in Elementalist

Posted by: boozer.7815

boozer.7815

First off, I think many of you are right in feeling that you (we) are all paying customers, and therfore deserve to be heard and responded to by Anet. This is absolutely correct. It is incorrect to think that Anet must buff or nerf a class because you want it. You all agree’d to a Terms of Service Agreement and signed on to all the plethora of Licenses when you installed this game, I am sure without reading a word of them.

1. How can you even think to question a company over “The customer is always right”, when you in fact signed all your rights away when you accepted the licence agreements? It is YOUR fault, and nobody elses, that you agreed to these terms that give them absolute control over both the content of the game and the copy of it you have on your machine. Yes, even though you paid for it, they own the rights to it. How do you like them apples?

2. Nobody is holding a gun to your head to force you to play this game or any given class, or partake in any of the game content. It is your choice to do so. Buyer beware!!! Legally, it is 100% your fault that the Ele is in the state that it is in, not Anet’s, because you paid for the game and your money is what Anet cares about, not you. They could care less what you do or what you play or what you like or dislike. Just shell the $$ over if you like it or dont if you dont like it. Vote with your wallet, because your opinion matters not one iota to them or anyone else for that matter.

3. You did not develop this game. You did not create the idea for this game. You have no stake of ownership in this game. You are a consumer. If you dont like what you buy, dont keep putting money into it. This is how the business world works.

Oct. 1st Elem updates

in Elementalist

DaedalusDragon.3754

LOL Boozer…. You’r entire post is conflicted. Who cares about legality? They are NEVER forced to do anything at this point… but should they? yes. Who is going to buy their game/expansions when nobody plays the game anymore or if it only ever gets bad reviews. I’m already telling people to hold off on buying the game until it is polished a LOT more. You think that just because the law is on their side that they have won some nonexistent war. Good luck with that.

Oct. 1st Elem updates

in Elementalist

Laivine.9308

Boozer wth? LoL

^^What Daedalus said. Also keep in mind that we are not buying a shampoo “As it is”, though in many cases you can return back even a shampoo, if you don’t like it or feel that advertising was pure lies.

All products that are not sold in a grocery store, like apples as you said, can be returned back if they don’t satisfy the customer. Even your car! Also most companies don’t have market plans like “We build a kitten product and we want each one to buy it one time and we have done the job! Then we take the money and move to Brazil to enjoy the sun under a palm tree”. Most companies, offer new products, expansions, new versions, new flavors whatever, and expect people to continue buying their products due to “Good previous experience”. All the rest is nonsense and they DON’T apply to business ethics.

(edited by Laivine.9308)

Oct. 1st Elem updates

in Elementalist

Posted by: Victor.5819

Victor.5819

Before the release, I heard the profession balance is what they care.
So I’ve stress tested a few hours, elementalist seemed fun. But I saw some nerf to elementalist afterward. However I have “faith” Anet will balance after the release.
We can see tons of complains here and no official promise when the first profession balance will start.

Now to me,
Playing elemetalist = Better DE farming = Envying other Professions

I have no time to play alternative.

So basically the following equation is not working on me.
Envy other professions = play an alt = spend more money to gear up=
need more gold = buy gem to sell gold

Oct. 1st Elem updates

in Elementalist

Posted by: LightningLockey.5938

LightningLockey.5938

This is a bloody outrage on the lack of updates for the Elementalist! I’m just simply disgusted at the lack of attention given to this profession.

I simply cannot say any more without getting banned from the forums.

Oct. 1st Elem updates

in Elementalist

Posted by: SiNiquity.6203

SiNiquity.6203

First off, I think many of you are right in feeling that you (we) are all paying customers, and therfore deserve to be heard and responded to by Anet. This is absolutely correct.

Nope. You paid for the product, you have the product. You don’t deserve answers, explanations, insights, or anything else. Debate until your blue about whether it’s in ArenaNet’s best interest to stay mum, but the self-entitled nonsense stops here.

Oct. 1st Elem updates

in Elementalist

Posted by: Anlyon.8375

Anlyon.8375

Anyone else read this as

• Lightning Whip – now destroys everyone
    ??

So we didnt get bug fixes or anything yet. Im still having a BLAST!

Cya out there.

You have nothing to fear but Fear itself

Oct. 1st Elem updates

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mytheos.7205

Mytheos.7205

@SiNiquity Are you trolling?

Anet doesnt owe us, its paying cutomers, anything?

What planet do you live on?

Why is it we have to stop and say oh yeah that is right, we are paying customers, we do deserve something for the money and support we give.

Oct. 1st Elem updates

in Elementalist

Posted by: Guen.3180

Guen.3180

It took me some time to learn not to die instantly. I have chosen ele because it was my main and favourite class in GW1. I manage, maybe I’m not immortal but I manage.
I got used to the fact I can’t spec ‘glass cannon’ like other classes but …
Lots of skills are bugged and not working as they should. Some of them need serious changes to be more efficient. I only hope it will come quite soon cause ressing someone in critical moment with glyph and seeing him still dead is annoying (this was only one example of bugged skill, cause it works only when you’re lucky even if you’ll stand directly on dead person).

Another thing is that seeing you’re doing 1/8 damage of your warrior friends is kinda sad. If I get eq for ‘glass cannon’ I doubdt I would reach more than 1/4 of their damage.

Oct. 1st Elem updates

in Elementalist

boozer.7815

LOL Boozer…. You’r entire post is conflicted. Who cares about legality? They are NEVER forced to do anything at this point… but should they? yes. Who is going to buy their game/expansions when nobody plays the game anymore or if it only ever gets bad reviews. I’m already telling people to hold off on buying the game until it is polished a LOT more. You think that just because the law is on their side that they have won some nonexistent war. Good luck with that.

I dont see the conflict. Your post agrees and confirms everything I posted there. The reason for why I said that they owe us (the paying customer) some form of communication is because if they dont, they will lose current and future business. Your statement about telling people to hold off just confirms it, and btw, I am doing the same.

But lets take it to the macro level. Do you really think Anet is doing anything different than Blizzard, Mythic, EA, etc. etc. etc..

They are all of them the same. Many of us had hopes that Anet would be different because it does not have a monthly sub, but I see no difference at all in how they are handling the game overall.

Oct. 1st Elem updates

in Elementalist

Posted by: Shockwave.1230

Shockwave.1230

@SiNiquity Are you trolling?

Anet doesnt owe us, its paying cutomers, anything?

What planet do you live on?

Why is it we have to stop and say oh yeah that is right, we are paying customers, we do deserve something for the money and support we give.

Paid and Paying customers are two different things. If they had a sub-based model I’d agree they owe people explanation, but they don’t have that. ArenaNet might have a responsibility to ensure the game is accessible, but the payment model is not service based even though they technically are providing a service. They have a huge out in that their game is the same price as any other game that’s not a service. Unless it’s in the EULA that ANet is responsible for something, I know of no commonly known laws saying ANet has to do those things that people are demanding in this thread.

Sylvari Elementalist – Mystree Duskbloom (Lv 80)
Norn Guardian – Aurora Lustyr (Lv 80)
Mia A Shadows Glow – Human Thief (Lv 80)

Oct. 1st Elem updates

in Elementalist

Posted by: Shockwave.1230

Shockwave.1230

Lol, I just glanced through the License Agreement and when looking for the word responsible it’s always saying “you”. There’s literally one time where it applies to NC Soft and that’s if they break terms, kind of hard to break terms when none exist.

Sylvari Elementalist – Mystree Duskbloom (Lv 80)
Norn Guardian – Aurora Lustyr (Lv 80)
Mia A Shadows Glow – Human Thief (Lv 80)

Oct. 1st Elem updates

in Elementalist

boozer.7815

And just to add insult to injury, I think that the gaming community overall is changing thanks to the recent spate of crapola games the industry keeps pumping out because they truly believe in the sheeple mindset. Its bad enough that flocks of sheeple rush to buy the OOHH SHINY NEW GAME!!! Then rush to the game forums to whine and cry about their dissapointment in the terrible choice they made in spending thier money and then actually thinking that the company responsible for said crapware will sympathize and fix things. Just for them.

Conan, Aion, SW:TOR, etc.. All ended up crashing and burning with huge numbers of kitten off customers while the Devs took their cash to the bank laughing. Heck, at least Blizzard honestly gives a frack about thier reputation, but their game is really not much different from any of the others of that genre. Whatever.. It is what it is and what it is looks and smells like you know what, and Anet is behaving exactly the same as all the others, despite the hype from MANY in the community that they were different. Pfft!

Oct. 1st Elem updates

in Elementalist

LightningLockey.5938

Boozer, I’m still keeping faith in ANet.

Ignore the fact the elementalist is weak. Explore the towns and interact with the NPCs. I know ANet put too much money in this game for them to let it fail. Unlike other games that are just crap. Empty environments, NPCs that don’t talk but walk around. Mindless grinding on monsters that have stagnant behavior.

I tried WoW and was bored in 2 weeks with a class that wasn’t over powered or too weak. I’m frusted to hell with the elementalist, but addicted just to explore the world they created. And the spontaneous events are fun (when I’m not taking any damage as one hit is up to 1/2 my health gone).

In honestly, I probably should have started playing in a few months from now, the early bird gets the bugs in videogames.

(edited by LightningLockey.5938)

Oct. 1st Elem updates

in Elementalist

Posted by: slafko.1807

slafko.1807

Guys, chill. It could be worse. You could be a necromancer.

That’s nothing. Imagine being a monk.

Oct. 1st Elem updates

in Elementalist

Posted by: Aba.6419

Aba.6419

Seriously, just go play another class at this point. If you’re not happy with the Ele now, you’re probably not going to be anytime soon. There are plenty of us who enjoy the Ele and do very well with him. If you lack the ability to use him more effectively, then stop using him.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/elementalist/NEW-Elementalist-bugs-and-glitches-thread/page/2#post330483
Sorry my master that we want to fix this “short” list of bugs. Sorry

Oct. 1st Elem updates

in Elementalist

Posted by: Novalight.7568

Novalight.7568

First off, I think many of you are right in feeling that you (we) are all paying customers, and therfore deserve to be heard and responded to by Anet. This is absolutely correct. It is incorrect to think that Anet must buff or nerf a class because you want it. You all agree’d to a Terms of Service Agreement and signed on to all the plethora of Licenses when you installed this game, I am sure without reading a word of them.

1. How can you even think to question a company over “The customer is always right”, when you in fact signed all your rights away when you accepted the licence agreements? It is YOUR fault, and nobody elses, that you agreed to these terms that give them absolute control over both the content of the game and the copy of it you have on your machine. Yes, even though you paid for it, they own the rights to it. How do you like them apples?

-loads of other rubbish-

EU has laws, so even if I have to sign something that takes away all my rights, I actually still have some rights regarding digital property. And where would we come to, if companies could sell us products without any repercussions? Sadly, this trend has spread among the game makers…put out half finished product, take no responsibility… if I compare that to buying a car: how would you like to buy a car, only to find out it’s missing a back door, 2 tyres, gas pedal… and they told you, they’ll fix it “soon”? (and all the car dealers would have a contract that you need to sign with which you waive your rights)?

And all the people saying zomg, it’s been only 1 month: so, they can nerf the class in few days, but buffs/fixes take a disproportionately longer amount of time?

“GW2 takes everything you love about GW1” – M. O’Brien
“We just don’t want players to grind in GW2” – C. Johanson
“The most important thing in any game should be the player” – R. Soesbee

Oct. 1st Elem updates

in Elementalist

LightningLockey.5938

You got a good enough lawyer, the TOS won’t mean crap. A kid sued Jagex LTD over “time lost while addicted to the game” and won. It was a pretty hefty settlement, I forget the amount.

With that said, it have to be a much better lawyer, and probably a paid-off judge, to win such a battle against ANet over the class. In reality, the entire gaming community can just abandon the elementalist class and they become extinct in the game. Which at this rate will happen.

Perhaps we are just to stubborn to abandon the class? If we’d all stop playing as the elementalist and they see no one messes with it, it be great a way to get the point across. As is, they obviously didn’t take our feedback the past month on here.

Oct. 1st Elem updates

in Elementalist

Posted by: MarzAttakz.9608

MarzAttakz.9608

Boozer has some good points to be honest.

I have zero faith in Blizzard after what I consider to be the worst release in history. I have zero faith in Ubisoft and EA for churning out crap year after year. Call me jaded I’ve been playing PC games since 1993.

I don’t have zero faith in ArenaNet yet … however it is on the decline.

The shift in their open communication policy since the beta period has been from day to night. I appreciated their insights during beta, I’m singularly unimpressed by their lack of communication after launch.

I totally understand that they are under severe pressure, everyone is manning a bucket to clear their boat of water. I empathize with the fact that launch day and the huge amount of issues wasn’t the Golden Sunrise they were hoping for.

However, in my opinion, their current approach is doing more to hurt their reputation than anything else. We had high hopes for GW2, Anet had even higher hopes, it makes me sad to see a game that took a risk by breaking with the conventions flapping around like a fish out of water.

Here’s wishing ArenaNet all the best in fixing their game.

YOU KNOW THERE AIN’T NO REST FOR THE WICKED, TILL WE CLOSE OUR EYES FOR GOOD.

Once proud member of Extraordinary Gentlemen [EXG]{DESO4LIFE}

Oct. 1st Elem updates

in Elementalist

Posted by: Trump.9803

Trump.9803

Ele is a junk class…….

Yes, this is true.

I was selling some stuff to a Merchant last night, and I accidentally clicked the “Sell Junk” button. Next thing I know, I’m at the Character Select screen and my lvl 80 Elem has been deleted…..

Oct. 1st Elem updates

in Elementalist

silvermember.8941

@DaedalusDragon

Yes my post is the unnecessary noise, whatever helps you sleep at night. You can kitten and moan all you want, but the reality is that the elementalist is no more special than any other class in the game.

No reasonable company enjoys seeing their consumers mad, but at the same time, companies need to priorities issues. Unfortunately, fixing bugs that affect EVERYONE is more important than anything else. Whether you agree or not is up really up for discussion.

Finally, I’ve played enough mmo to know one thing, threads like these are common. The is always someone crying how their class is weak and demand instant action, unfortunately for those individuals the world does not match to their tone. Nobody likes playing an inferior class, the difference however is I accept changes take time and deal with it until its eventually fixed.

Just to add, having blind faith in a company (except for amazon.com) is gonna end up with you being disappointed. Companies have priorities, we might not like it, but you certainly have to deal with it and hope next time it does not happen or not. We all hope to be customer #1, but as you grow older you will learn, that you are not as special as you think you are.

(edited by silvermember.8941)

Oct. 1st Elem updates

in Elementalist

Eicherjw.3926

I knew i should of rolled a bright wizard….

Oct. 1st Elem updates

in Elementalist

Posted by: Cynical.2097

Cynical.2097

I just wanted to stop by and say that in 2 days this thread has hit more posts than most threads out there. It just goes to show how much of an issue elementalist players are having. Although some might say they are fine, the majority has bumped this thread to the point where Anet should atleast comment within this thread. I don’t think people are demanding a fix as much as they are curious as to why things are being overlooked.

Oct. 1st Elem updates

in Elementalist

Posted by: Xriah.5743

Xriah.5743

“If you lack the ability to use him more effectively, then stop using him.”

Wait, do you have to be a player with special abilities to play this class? Oh wow good for u! You are special and I am not. I am so happy that a company made finally a class to make players distinguish the smart from the fools!

Seriously?

Seriously, you might as well go to another class instead of whining. Ele isn’t a cakewalk. He takes a lot of multitasking and reaction time to use well. If you can’t handle it, ANet is unlikely to change it for you.

Like it or not, they’ve designed the elementalist the way he is. A lot of us like the complexity. There are seven other classes you can try with different mechanics that might suit your playstyle better.

You don’t really have a choice. ANet has made it clear they won’t communicate changes until they go live and have provided a very good reason as to why. I highly doubt they’re going to listen to “wah wah wah Ele needs a buff”. Face it, this isn’t constructive and it’s not going to get you your way.

You can add to the list of Ele bugs that you find. This is helpful and is more likely to get looked at.
You can create threads with constructive ideas for Ele changes. It’s likely to be ignored but it’s less likely to be ignored than this long thread of general emotional complaints.
You can roll another class, which is most likely what will make you happy.
You can go play another game too, if you really want.

Oct. 1st Elem updates

in Elementalist

Posted by: elchulo.3148

elchulo.3148

I guess I’ll park my kitten ele and spend more time on my faceroll thief.

Oct. 1st Elem updates

in Elementalist

silvermember.8941

I guess I’ll park my kitten ele and spend more time on my faceroll thief.

And you should do that, nobody will stop you from doing that. It is a relatively free world afterall.

Oct. 1st Elem updates

in Elementalist

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

A customer is always right!

Anyone who has worked in customer support will tell you this is almost always wrong.

Oct. 1st Elem updates

in Elementalist

silvermember.8941

A customer is always right!

Anyone who has worked in customer support will tell you this is almost always wrong.

Wrong, the customer is always right. Reminds me of the time I saw a guy complaining how subway did not have pizza subs because he saw a commericial saying get what you want.

Oct. 1st Elem updates

in Elementalist

Posted by: zafery.6784

zafery.6784

Ohh come on.. Just roll a warrior/thief/mesmer (anything but an elementalist) already… When there are no elementalists left i’m sure somebody will notice.. Also all those troll warriors and thieves looking for a “healer” to back them up, wont even get an occasional regeneration on them.. Or other thieves/mesmers looking for a free kill in spvp won’t get it.. Do yourselves and everybody else a favor, and reroll…

Although i could solo 4-5 mobs in orr decently with my elementalist (which is a power crit based one) -and from the moment bwes launched, it was/is the only profession i do find “satisfying to play” – i know i switched weeks ago…

Because you know what, i hate my warrior it is sooo boring, but i can actually enjoy the game itself with it…. I’m not tired in 20 minutes, i’m not in a paranoid stressed out mood all the time, i’m not cursing at other players for not helping me or actually pulling up more mobs than i can handle, i’m not feeling useless, i’m not breaking my keyboard/mouse.. Well as a downside, i’m also not pretty anymore.. But more on the plus side, just with a little awareness, i can kill 10 mobs at my level with a warrior, i can tag every single mob in DEs that comes in waves of 15+15 (i can not do that with my awsome elementalist aoe spells you know, with long spell animations/mobs possibly coming after you and stuff)…. And although the warrior is insanely powerful compared to an elementalist, it still has annoying aspects (add insanely boring “again”, on top of that)

Of course i would be more helpful to my group if i was still playing an elementalist even in a pure dps spec, i am a better elementalist player than a warrior.. But who cares… Actually it seems nobody does, so why should i? And why should you..

Yes the profession is very enjoyable and challenging, yes if you want to play a caster that feels like a caster, there are no other choices.. But the game itself is really too good to make yourselves miserable by playing a broken profession.. Who broke it, should fix it, and until it gets fixed, enjoy something else….

And btw, what updates?.. Those are smallish-fixes… Nothing more.. After that i expect, bigger-fixes… After that i expect fixes-for-fixes… After that i expect some more tweaks to endgame related stuff (karma-influence gain- economy balance etc)… After that may be, may be it will come the time for a profession rebalancing.. And after that, balancing-the new balances… And after that may be it will be time to rework elementalists….. And after that may be it will be time to fix the “new” broken elementalist.. And after that …………. you get the picture…

That’s what it seems like IS going to happen from my perspective… Because no mmo company has un-nerfed a profession so soon after they have utterly destroyed it by over-nerfing it… Now they will probably have to find another way to buff the elementalist, and personally i do not see an easy way to do it… That’s why i think it will take a long time.. If this was going to be fixed the easy way (which would admittedly cause problems of its own: too much aoe damage anyone?), it would have been 2 weeks ago.. Hard way it is, it seems..

Oct. 1st Elem updates

in Elementalist

Posted by: Moderator

As this thread has run its course, this thread will now be locked.