Odd question: Speed stacking.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Toolbox.9375

Toolbox.9375

Strangely enough, this’d be a deciding factor for me in choosing whether or not to use Elementalist (currently sitting on an Engineer, but I only made one for the turrets, and bleeech)…

Is there a cap to how many speed boosts you can stack? Or could you become Formula One Wizard by tossing together the two speed Traits from the Air Magic line, the Signet of Air, and one of the Air-attuned weapon speed boosts?

The class is always greener on the other side.

in Elementalist

Posted by: TheGuy.3568

TheGuy.3568

Maxes out with the highest available ie 33% swiftness.

Edit:

For QC http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Rune_of_Speed is the fastest you can run with the full set. To add to that point since swiftness stack with nothing and on many builds we have access to perma swiftness passive speed boost are usually a waist.

Due to http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Speedy_Kits engineer is the class with the easiest access to swiftness so you wont gain much.

Kor The Cold Heart War
Wrekkes-Engineer Kore Rok Thief-Asraithe-Ele

(edited by TheGuy.3568)

in Elementalist

Posted by: TimeBomb.3427

TimeBomb.3427

If you’re interested in high-mobility, elementalist does very well at that. Elementalist, especially D/D elementalists, are second only to thieves when it comes to mobility.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Toolbox.9375

Toolbox.9375

Drat. Alrighty, thanks for the answers, y’all.

The class is always greener on the other side.

in Elementalist

Posted by: SlimGenre.6417

SlimGenre.6417

33% swiftness, but duration doesn’t end. However the timer stops at a minute, so if you hover your mouse over the swiftness boon icon to see how much time is left it’ll cap at 1m, even if you have over a minute of swiftness… when I was learning boon stacking and had way too much towards boon duration I remember running the zerg in straits of devastation and looking down and seeing that 1m timer for like 20 seconds or so, so you can stack much longer than a minute, but it wont register.

in Elementalist

SlimGenre.6417

@timebomb perhaps you’re right, but I’ve never been outrun by a thief

in Elementalist

Posted by: Waraxx.4286

Waraxx.4286

it doesn’t cap at 1min as SlimGenre says. I’ve manege to get to 3min and then my friend was back so we could continue the quest. so it could potentially be limitless but i think there is a cap.

in Elementalist

SlimGenre.6417

no, I didn’t say it caps at 1m. I said when you hover your mouse over the icon it will only show 1m, even if you have over a minute of swiftness.

i probably wasn’t clear, apologies

in Elementalist

Posted by: Crunchy Gremlin.5798

Crunchy Gremlin.5798

Ele speed generally does not come from swiftness.
Swiftness is more useful for travel from point to point but is pretty slow in comparison to abilities with integral movement.

ride the lightning and whatnot far exceed swiftness speed for burst mobility around targets.

fiery great sword is also a useful point to point travel mechanism.
much like warrior great sword.

in Elementalist

SlimGenre.6417

also in party’s, if you have the water trait 30 where you share aura’s, you can perma swift your entire team too, helpful in WvW