[Old Thread] Neko's Guide to the Ele

in Elementalist

Posted by: Neko.9021

Neko.9021

This is an old thread. Please visit my new guide to the DD Ele in Dungeons!

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/elementalist/Neko-s-Guide-to-the-D-D-Ele-in-Dungeons-1

(edited by Neko.9021)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Turkashi.4502

Turkashi.4502

Have only read the intro, and saw your trait build.
This is actualy the cooky cutter. It’s indeed the most viable D/D build which dicent dmg and survability.

Nice though putting effort for the ele fan!

in Elementalist

Posted by: ShadeMaster.7921

ShadeMaster.7921

Thanks for posting this, i’ll try this build in general PvE then I will maybe stop swapping for my staff in dungeon! :P

in Elementalist

Posted by: Legend.6941

Legend.6941

Keep in mind though, places like Arah definitely require more Toughness / Vitality depending on the situation. Although your dps may be a bit lower, exchanging some damage for survival can do the group a huge favor in the long run.

in Elementalist

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

Places like Arah definitely don’t require any additional toughness/vitality at all.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Neko.9021

Neko.9021

Balancing survivability on a character like the Elementalist in PvE is a waste. The main reason for this is your inherently low health and armor already put you at a disadvantage in pure stats anyway. You might as well go full damage or go home in PvE (this is not the case in WvW and sPvP however), since most big attacks can be dodged or mitigated in some way.

Elementalists have an incredible amount of in-built survivability once they spec into the Water tree and Arcana tree. More so than many other classes. Attunning to Water and dodge rolling in Water should be all you need. Also Omnomberry Pies do wonders for you.

in Elementalist

Posted by: The Great Al.2546

The Great Al.2546

I prefer 20/10/0/30/10 for D/D dungeons. If you really want to be an aura sharer, you need at least 2 signets and the 20 in fire IMO. I think 10 in arcane is enough.