Open world pve weapons

Open world pve weapons

in Elementalist

Posted by: fireproofboots.6475

fireproofboots.6475

I recently got to level 80 on my elementalist. I actually got to about 70 back before HoT but stopped playing and just recently got back into the game.

I pretty much exclusively have been playing open world pve, and have mainly been using d/f and s/f fresh air builds, which I have really enjoyed. I also played around with s/f condition builds, but I enjoy the attunement switching of fresh air more.

That being said, in the forum I see plenty of people that use staff in open world pve, and I have tried to use it but with very little luck. My issue is that enemies always immediately leave my lava font and it seems like it takes them a long to die. I was wondering how people who play staff actually do it. Do they just stay close to the enemies so that they stay in the ground target? Or do they use the skills like static field and unsteady ground on every single encounter and just wait for them to recharge in between fights?

I should mention that I don’t have HoT yet, so I do not have access to the tempest, so maybe staff needs tempest in open world. I just feel like I am playing the staff wrong and wanted to see how other people did it.

Thanks for the help

Open world pve weapons

in Elementalist

Posted by: Feanor.2358

Feanor.2358

Tag all the mobs with air auto. Overload Air while they charge at me, switch to fire, Lava Font, Meteor Shower (if off CD) on myself. Everything’s dead, move on.

If facing tougher enemies, swap back to Air while channeling Meteor Shower (assuming Fresh Air build) and Overload again.

If you don’t have Tempest, you might want to start in a different attunement so you can throw some more damage on your location (Earth 2, Water 2) and finish off the remaning stragglers with fire auto.

Open world pve weapons

in Elementalist

Posted by: fireproofboots.6475

fireproofboots.6475

That makes a lot more sense, so you don’t try to keep mobs at bay and fight from afar, you use the aoe damage skills in close range. I was trying to stay at range, thinking that was the purpose of the staff.

Open world pve weapons

in Elementalist

Posted by: redcomyn.4651

redcomyn.4651

Yeah, you would think. However, in this game, it is impossible for anyone to stay at range for more than 3 or 4 seconds (at least if they are solo). All you can do is accept that fact and adjust your tactics accordingly.

Open world pve weapons

in Elementalist

Posted by: AliamRationem.5172

AliamRationem.5172

Yeah, you would think. However, in this game, it is impossible for anyone to stay at range for more than 3 or 4 seconds (at least if they are solo). All you can do is accept that fact and adjust your tactics accordingly.

Why fight it? Just go dagger/dagger! Everyone knows it’s the most fun you can have on ele!

Open world pve weapons

in Elementalist

Posted by: Egrimm Van Horstmann.7921

Egrimm Van Horstmann.7921

Open world pve weapons

in Elementalist

Posted by: redcomyn.4651

redcomyn.4651

Why fight it? Just go dagger/dagger! Everyone knows it’s the most fun you can have on ele!

I have been using dagger/warhorn. Yes, it is more fun than staff.

Open world pve weapons

in Elementalist

Posted by: Goettel.4389

Goettel.4389

Running fire/water/tempest staff and controlling groups with water 2,4, earth 4, fire 4 and air 3 is excellent to offset squishiness. Add your pick of shield and let her rip. Movement and mob position awareness are key. I rarely run into any PvE trouble I can’t handle solo, but I’m keen on keeping player DPS ‘bots’ ;-) alive.

Send an Asura who knows math. Problem solved.