Our condition builds need help!

in Elementalist

Posted by: maeggle.6021

maeggle.6021

Go hybrid and play one of the possibly most powerful specs in the game right now, maybe?

I don’t know why some players always want to enforce certain extremes without considering individual strengths and weaknesses of the classes they are referring to.

Ele can might-stack a lot, thus boosting both direct and condition damage; If you’d give the ele even more condition output, the combination of buffed direct damage and buffed condition damage would outperform most other classes which are more reliant on conditions without being able to dish out good direct damage.

Your post also shows what’s currently wrong with condition mechanics: You only try to overload a foe with superior number of conditions (repeatedly) to wear them down fast, instead of using conditions in a smart, supportive manner. Unfortunately this is the only way most pure condition builds are able to work. Play hybrid builds and don’t have such problems whatsoever…

btw: if you want access to poison on Ele, just use the sigil of doom. It’s totally overpowered in skirmishes, even on power builds. It doesn’t fit the theme of Ele, though, as well as there is no necessity when team play is taken into consideration (you got necros, thieves and engineers for that).

Kodash [DE] – Ninja Nurse Rescue Squad [care] – Elementalist
A landing you can walk away from just wasn’t fast enough.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

as far as dnd, u could make a kitten condi ele. The fact remains that the ele(as said by the balance team many times) is meant to be a mix. SO as an ele ,when u go very glassy, u die alot faster than when a tank goes glassy spec, when u go condi u are half the condi beast of a condi spec necro/ranger,etc. This is why playing a versatile ele is more important.

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mbelch.9028

Mbelch.9028

This is just my personal feelings speaking, but all condi builds can just go into the trash. For all classes. This game would be better off without them

-Nex, [FEAR] Elementalist
https://www.youtube.com/user/GW2FearGaming

in Elementalist

Posted by: Swimsasa Stoon.8936

Swimsasa Stoon.8936

This is just my personal feelings speaking, but all condi builds can just go into the trash. For all classes. This game would be better off without them

disagreed, the thief, warrior and ranger condi-spec are not trash.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Raven.9603

Raven.9603

i think his point is counter play, is the spec “cheese” / enjoyable to fight against.

warrior and ranger condi specs are strong but there arent so many conditions that they become OP. as opposed to necro, mesmer, engi, where the game is condi overload and their really isnt enough condition removal in the game to counter it, unless youre a necro and simply passing them back.

pretty sure most of the community (including other thieves) consider p/d to be “bs / cheese.” Not because of condi power, but because of the #3.

SBI | Oceans | Ranger – Thief – Ele – Eng – Nec – Guard – Rev
Celestial Avatar is like an old man: Takes forever to get up and is spent in 4 seconds

in Elementalist

Mbelch.9028

Disagree all you want. I’m not saying they’re not effective. They’re annoying. Low skill floor, low skill cap and high frustration factor for others.

They’re just annoyances. Making conditions part of power builds and reworking the game to move away from condition damage is my personal vision for the game.

That’ll never happen. But I can dream.

in Elementalist

Posted by: LightningBlaze.4913

LightningBlaze.4913

Every bunker build no matther if it is power or condition spec is annoying to go against. They are indeed too easy to play and very forgiving yet they yield much higher rewards than non-bunker builds in this game. Low risk – high Reward ftw.

Heidia- The elementalist is the #1 most OP profession in this game since beta!

in Elementalist

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

Given that much of a DD celestial eles DPS comes form drakes breath burns, it almost “feels” like a condition build despite being a hybrid…

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

in Elementalist

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

The fact remains that the ele(as said by the balance team many times) is meant to be a mix.

Show me where the developers have said any such thing.

You won’t because I can guarantee you they have not. Hundred of thousand of players have asked the developers to give such information about their design intentions since before the game even released, if they had ever made any such statement, there is no way most players wouldn’t know.

Now if you are talking about the jack of all trades comment, that is a gross misinterpretation of what the developers stated. The elementalists are supposed to always have a little bit of everything, they are not supposed to be limited solely to builds which cater to rounding out that aspect of the class. It is not intentional that their slight diversity within each build prevent them from having any diversity between builds, it is mistake that the developers have stated they are working to rectify.

(edited by Conncept.7638)

in Elementalist

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

On swap poison sigil is pretty awesome

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

in Elementalist

Posted by: Swimsasa Stoon.8936

Swimsasa Stoon.8936

Disagree all you want. I’m not saying they’re not effective. They’re annoying. Low skill floor, low skill cap and high frustration factor for others.

They’re just annoyances. Making conditions part of power builds and reworking the game to move away from condition damage is my personal vision for the game.

I have highlighted why I disagree. Zerker thieves are more annoying than condi specced ones. Condis can be seen and countered a backstab cannot.
As for skill caps. condi warrior and condi ranger aren’t that easy.

in Elementalist

Mbelch.9028

I have highlighted why I disagree. Zerker thieves are more annoying than condi specced ones. Condis can be seen and countered a backstab cannot.
As for skill caps. condi warrior and condi ranger aren’t that easy.

If you think a backstab can’t be seen a mile away, you’ve just got to practice vs more thieves/play one yourself. I’m not being condescending there, I had to play for a while, but I finally learned that they’re super easy to predict.

Condis might be visible, but they’re unforgiving, misleading and to top it all off with a cherry, they typically pack a punch while their user is as tanky as any tank.

At least you can down a zerker thief in a few seconds, but it takes a real skillful person to stay alive more than a few minutes vs a P/D cheese thief.

in Elementalist

Posted by: LightningBlaze.4913

LightningBlaze.4913

I don’t see where’s the skill when lasting a long time against a p/d thief. You are just removing conditions and healing yourself backup. These steps require very minimal thinking and awareness. The longer you last against these thieves, the worst it is for you. Your condition removal resources are on longer cooldown and your ether removal can be interrupted easily once you have used your utilities, defensive weapon skills.

If not all, then most thieves will run a single stun breaker. You want to force the thief to use this utility early in battle. You time the second stun really well to interrupt and follow it up with high dps/burst. If you allow them to stealth they will heal themselves all the way back up. Again the best counter is to place an excellent interrupt and burst them down to the point they can’t recover. In this scenarios it is truly good player skills since it require attention to details during the heat of battle and timing your skills precisely. It is the opposite of mindlessly pressing buttons to just deal damage and healing yourself backup to obtain the same punishment over and over again.

Heidia- The elementalist is the #1 most OP profession in this game since beta!

(edited by LightningBlaze.4913)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Rocketmist.5436

Rocketmist.5436

Ele’s have easy access to burning and bleeding, and can get confusion and poison via sigils/runes. Lots of vuln/immob/chill/cripples as well to mask and cc. I say condi ele’s are in a decent spot especially after the buff to signet of earth. That being said necros, engis and p/d thieves can still probably burst condi’s way harder than eles with the 10+ confusion stacks and fear but I don’t think ele’s are the worst condi class at all.

[TL] Guild Leader, Sea of Sorrows, SoS Council