Over nerf on Ice Bow?

Over nerf on Ice Bow?

in Elementalist

Posted by: jakethesnake.5132

jakethesnake.5132

That’s basically another useless skill now. 50% reduction was way too much along with reducing the number of targets?

This is just going off the reddit post so I guess it’s not confirmed but if that is true it is killing the skill

Over nerf on Ice Bow?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Vova.2640

Vova.2640

RIP icebow… thanks a lot anet

Look at how effective someone is in a full Soldiers set.
Look at how effective someone is in a full Dire set.
Nice balance.

Over nerf on Ice Bow?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Keriana.9635

Keriana.9635

I agree.

Over nerf on Ice Bow?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

50% is just such a hard hitting number that nobody will even bother to reequip it. I’m quite sure they didn’t even bother to test it. Anyway it’s obviously a PvE nerf that was done without regards to PvP. Like oh, let’s go I’ll fight this shatter mesmer with my Ice Bow… lol It’s more a “No more Ice Bow in PvE” decision.

Over nerf on Ice Bow?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Chokolata.1870

Chokolata.1870

Good!! It has ruined PvE for the past year.

Over nerf on Ice Bow?

in Elementalist

Posted by: thehipone.6812

thehipone.6812

Smiter’s Boon it just to mix things up. Good move.

Over nerf on Ice Bow?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Relshdan.6854

Relshdan.6854

its still a strong skill….just not obscenely broken now.

Chaos Organ (Ele), Pistol Opera (Thief), Modular Man (Eng)
MARA (EU) Gunnar’s Hold

Over nerf on Ice Bow?

in Elementalist

Xillllix.3485

its still a strong skill….just not obscenely broken now.

It’s not strong, anyone with the least of skill can just dodge out. This is strickly a PvE nerf done without regards to PvP or WvW. Killshot, Backstab and Shatter are strong because they almost insta-kill people. Ice bow was good to kill blobs of PvE creatures, that’s about it.

Over nerf on Ice Bow?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Starfall.6425

Starfall.6425

It’s not strong, anyone with the least of skill can just dodge out. This is strickly a PvE nerf done without regards to PvP or WvW. Killshot, Backstab and Shatter are strong because they almost insta-kill people. Ice bow was good to kill blobs of PvE creatures, that’s about it.

If the skill can just be dodged does it matter if it deals 50% or 100%? oô
Did you really use Icebow in pvp?

[DP] – Diamond Pirates
[AM] – Abaddon’s Mouth

Over nerf on Ice Bow?

in Elementalist

Xillllix.3485

Not me no, I didn’t find it reliable enough for pvp. In WvW it could be used because sometimes there is enough ccs to keep people in aoe damage. It’s not going to be used now, you might as well just put a lava font down.

Over nerf on Ice Bow?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

I get the 50% damage nerf. I don’t get the 3 target nerf, though.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

Over nerf on Ice Bow?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Bartosz.2013

Bartosz.2013

Hmm i wonder why icebow 5 skill is not nerfed, boss fights are kinda stupid because of it

Over nerf on Ice Bow?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ganathar.4956

Ganathar.4956

Hmm i wonder why icebow 5 skill is not nerfed, boss fights are kinda stupid because of it

It doesn’t need to be nerfed because ice bow will never be used now. Besides, nobody will care about the dungeon meta in HoT. Dungeons aren’t even supported by the devs anymore.

Over nerf on Ice Bow?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Bartosz.2013

Bartosz.2013

It doesn’t need to be nerfed because ice bow will never be used now. Besides, nobody will care about the dungeon meta in HoT. Dungeons aren’t even supported by the devs anymore.

Yes, but fractals will be

Over nerf on Ice Bow?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ganathar.4956

Ganathar.4956

Yes, but fractals will be

Fractals are going up to level 100 and they will have new mechanics. I really doubt that Anet will make the same mistakes that allowed icebow 5 to be so powerful before, but we will have to wait to see about that I guess.

Over nerf on Ice Bow?

in Elementalist

Posted by: TheRandomGuy.7246

TheRandomGuy.7246

50% nerf means that instead of usual 7k-9k it will deal 3.5k-4.5k. Still better than most utilities.

Over nerf on Ice Bow?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Inexplicable.4165

Inexplicable.4165

That’s literally the best balance decision they’ve made since the game launched.

Over nerf on Ice Bow?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kicker.8203

Kicker.8203

Ice Bow was supposed to be a support weapon in the first place. Add tons of healing and support to it and done. The other conjures need buffs too! they dont see use in any part of the game except fgs

Over nerf on Ice Bow?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Neko.9021

Neko.9021

Ice Bow had to be nerfed. Raids are coming out soon, and undoubtedly, everyone getting off a huge amount of damage with Ice Bow probably really skewed the encounter balance. It’s no coincidence they’re making the changes in light of the new raid wing that’s about to come up.

Over nerf on Ice Bow?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ceeps.3185

Ceeps.3185

Use glyph of storms in earth or lightning now

Ceeps
Fort Aspenwood

Over nerf on Ice Bow?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Sizer.3987

Sizer.3987

Ice Bow had to be nerfed. Raids are coming out soon, and undoubtedly, everyone getting off a huge amount of damage with Ice Bow probably really skewed the encounter balance. It’s no coincidence they’re making the changes in light of the new raid wing that’s about to come up.

This makes sense. Surprised they didnt nerf deep freeze too, since 10 people coordinated could keep something stunned for 20 seconds if they do it right, but maybe the new break bar will make that impossible, who knows.

80 Mesmer – Yaks Bend

Over nerf on Ice Bow?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Warcry.1596

Warcry.1596

It’s only a nerf against one foe. Against two foes there is no DPS change, against three foes it is a damage bonus.

People are ignoring the fact that each hit from Ice Storm hits 3 foes now, and I feel like it’s intentional just to complain. Meteor Shower already does this, perhaps Glyph of Storms in Water, Lightning, or Fire could follow suit.

“He shall make whole that which was torn asunder.
Restore that which was lost. And all shall be as one.”

Over nerf on Ice Bow?

in Elementalist

Neko.9021

This makes sense. Surprised they didnt nerf deep freeze too, since 10 people coordinated could keep something stunned for 20 seconds if they do it right, but maybe the new break bar will make that impossible, who knows.

Deep Freeze is actually pretty fine in light of the new Break Bar system. The pacing of the Break Bar, as far as I understand it, is as such:

• Phase 1: Enemy has a Break Bar that can deteriorate from CC skills (Daze, Stun, Knockdown, Freeze, Float, Petrification, Slow, etc.), Movement Impairing Skills (Cripple, Immobilize, Chill), as well as Blind.
  • Phase 2: Enemy’s Break Bar is broken. The enemy is Stunned and has 25 Vulnerability stacks at this time.
  • Phase 3: Recovery period. During this time, the Break Bar cannot be deteriorated. When the Break Bar refills, return to Phase 1.

All Deep Freeze does is act as a very strong CC in Phase 1, which is honestly fine. The Ele is giving up a utility slot to take down a large chunk of Break Bar. That’s a pretty fair trade.

Over nerf on Ice Bow?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Sigmoid.7082

Sigmoid.7082

It’s only a nerf against one foe. Against two foes there is no DPS change, against three foes it is a damage bonus.

People are ignoring the fact that each hit from Ice Storm hits 3 foes now, and I feel like it’s intentional just to complain. Meteor Shower already does this, perhaps Glyph of Storms in Water, Lightning, or Fire could follow suit.

You do realise that currently each impact has a target limit of 5. The current ice storm does a maximum of 120hits.

Over nerf on Ice Bow?

in Elementalist

Warcry.1596

I have not seen that… I only know each one to hit one foe. Show me a video if that is the case. The tooltip does not say 5 targets either.

Over nerf on Ice Bow?

in Elementalist

Neko.9021

All player skills unless otherwise stated have a max cap of 5 targets at most. The only things that defy this rule are “Wall” type skills such as Line of Warding or Static Field, and even then, it’s because these skills do not target enemies, so much as create a persistent effect at the area for a period of time.

Over nerf on Ice Bow?

in Elementalist

Sigmoid.7082

I have not seen that… I only know each one to hit one foe. Show me a video if that is the case. The tooltip does not say 5 targets either.

even in the first 30s you can see why ice storm:
a) hit more than one target per impact
b) was ridiculous.

Over nerf on Ice Bow?

in Elementalist

Warcry.1596

I think it means if there are 6+ foes in the aoe… Only 5 will take damage from it period. Not each individual impact.

I’m convinced that each impact currently hits ONE foe, that’s what I’ve observed, I’ll record a video today if no one else will to test, that’s how I understood the balance change to mean.

I am an evidence based person, I require evidence to form an opinion, and will provide mine once I’m able to, if you guys care to follow suit and show me yours, we can get to the bottom of this.

Over nerf on Ice Bow?

in Elementalist

Neko.9021

Each individual impact of Ice Bow affects 5 foes. This is being reduced to 3.

Currently, if there are 6 foes in the Ice Bow AoE, when an impact touches the ground, it affects the 5 closest enemies that are in range of the impact. And because of the spacing, there’s a good chance that an individual impact may only affect 1-4 people in the AoE.

Over nerf on Ice Bow?

in Elementalist

Sigmoid.7082

I think it means if there are 6+ foes in the aoe… Only 5 will take damage from it period. Not each individual impact.

I’m convinced that each impact currently hits ONE foe, that’s what I’ve observed, I’ll record a video today if no one else will to test, that’s how I understood the balance change to mean.

I am an evidence based person, I require evidence to form an opinion, and will provide mine once I’m able to, if you guys care to follow suit and show me yours, we can get to the bottom of this.

Have you not seen the video i posted??! watch the first 30s and tell me you see only 5 damage numbers at a time and not many many more..watch it at 25% speed and you will see in the first example every time a shard hits the ground 5 numbers pop up..until people start dying anf you get like 3~5/ lots of “invuln” messages.

If each impact only hit 1 foe there is no way you would see that amount of damage. Enough evidence?

(edited by Sigmoid.7082)

Over nerf on Ice Bow?

in Elementalist

Warcry.1596

I appreciate the video, I will watch when I get home, small screen makes it hard to see… Plus free WiFi at DMV isn’t exactly reliable!

If I am wrong then great, it is a nerf and I will stop saying it isn’t :p.

Over nerf on Ice Bow?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Leaa.2943

Leaa.2943

Today was the first time after 3 years and over 6000 hours of playtime that i consider to leave the game. This was the reason https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fK1N_vqJPac&feature=youtu.be

No matter how many times i watch this and trying to give him the benefit of the doubt, it still turns out to be Arenanet giving the elementalists the finger, and not in a twisted funny way, but in a gloating ugly way.

Then i see how they tell us that Hey we have buffed your elite skill and it turns out you buffed the glyps, which very few of us ever uses anyway since the pet dies in two hits.

So in the end we still only have one elite still to use which is fiery sword and noone uses it for the damage but to move faster forward. The Icebow is dumbed down to a point were it will be useless, and since the axe and the shield was always uselss, so we now having 5 conjured weapons that noone will use, and we already had the useless glyphs, were one got less cd which have no meaning since the pets are easy to kill, which means in the end ele now have 10 skills that most of us never use.

But thank you for that gloating message from the Arena net staff on the twitch stream, your gtfo message is noticed.

Over nerf on Ice Bow?

in Elementalist

Neko.9021

Today was the first time after 3 years and over 6000 hours of playtime that i consider to leave the game. This was the reason https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fK1N_vqJPac&feature=youtu.be

No matter how many times i watch this and trying to give him the benefit of the doubt, it still turns out to be Arenanet giving the elementalists the finger, and not in a twisted funny way, but in a gloating ugly way.

Then i see how they tell us that Hey we have buffed your elite skill and it turns out you buffed the glyps, which very few of us ever uses anyway since the pet dies in two hits.

So in the end we still only have one elite still to use which is fiery sword and noone uses it for the damage but to move faster forward. The Icebow is dumbed down to a point were it will be useless, and since the axe and the shield was always uselss, so we now having 5 conjured weapons that noone will use, and we already had the useless glyphs, were one got less cd which have no meaning since the pets are easy to kill, which means in the end ele now have 10 skills that most of us never use.

But thank you for that gloating message from the Arena net staff on the twitch stream, your gtfo message is noticed.

Surely you’ve noticed in your 6000 hours of play that Ele has been the top class in GW2 PvE for a while now. Ice Bow was crazy, did far too much damage, and had to nerfed for the upcoming raid encounters.

Over nerf on Ice Bow?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nabuko Darayon.9645

Nabuko Darayon.9645

As an Ele I approve the Ice Bow nerf. If it was me I’d completely remove Conjures and replace them with Wards or something

~ King Arian and Isabella of [EG] ~

Over nerf on Ice Bow?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Glenstorm.4059

Glenstorm.4059

As an Ele I approve the Ice Bow nerf. If it was me I’d completely remove Conjures and replace them with Wards or something

Yeah, except keep FGS for the mobility :p

Seriously though, I really hope we get a Conjure overhaul. I love the concept behind them but they need to make them worth equipping.

Although, Wards would be AWESOME!

Fear the might of SHATTERSTONE.

(edited by Glenstorm.4059)

Over nerf on Ice Bow?

in Elementalist

TheRandomGuy.7246

Surely you’ve noticed in your 6000 hours of play that Ele has been the top class in GW2 PvE for a while now. Ice Bow was crazy, did far too much damage, and had to nerfed for the upcoming raid encounters.

If icebow had such a game breaking effect on raids then they should scrap them and start from the beginning.

Over nerf on Ice Bow?

in Elementalist

Neko.9021

If icebow had such a game breaking effect on raids then they should scrap them and start from the beginning.

Ice Bow did far too much damage in PvE encounters, especially against enemies with large hit boxes. It’s as simple as that. It amazes me that people actually think that it was OK for a single skill to deliver so much damage.

Over nerf on Ice Bow?

in Elementalist

TheRandomGuy.7246

Ice Bow did far too much damage in PvE encounters, especially against enemies with large hit boxes. It’s as simple as that. It amazes me that people actually think that it was OK for a single skill to deliver so much damage.

It is not ok. But if burst damage can break the encounter they probably did something wrong with the boss itself and nerfing 1 skill will not cut it.

Over nerf on Ice Bow?

in Elementalist

Sigmoid.7082

It is not ok. But if burst damage can break the encounter they probably did something wrong with the boss itself and nerfing 1 skill will not cut it.

What do you think is easier? Nerfing one skill that does more than any other skill in the game by a ridiculous margin or designing every future encounter around something that was clearly broken.? It did literally 3~4x the amount of dps any other skill in the game could provide in a similar time frame and trivialized a lot of content.

Over nerf on Ice Bow?

in Elementalist

Leaa.2943

So for this it is ok for A-net to insult us? Did you even watch the link?

Over nerf on Ice Bow?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Celtus.8456

Celtus.8456

50% nerf is excessive. A real “Smiter’s Boon” move, as us old timers say. In PvP it was annoying to die to frost bow, sure, but maybe the devs could have made the freeze stun-breakable (or the affected player could have paid attention to the frost bow coming out…or the slow projectile).

PvE is such a mess and will never be good until the devs increase AI. We should have monsters dodging, actively avoiding AoE when clustered together, and so on. Until this happens, the “gogogogogogo DPS” builds will be the only choice. The other issue people complain about are structures like burrows. Maybe change the way they take damage?

Anyway, a nerf was in order, but 50% is too much.

Josre
Zulu Ox Tactics [zulu]

Over nerf on Ice Bow?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kidel.2057

Kidel.2057

wow, went from 85k dps to 43k dps. Sooo weak.

Nah, could have been nerfed 75%. Sorry, thug life.

Over nerf on Ice Bow?

in Elementalist

Neko.9021

It was a fun joke. Lighten up.

Over nerf on Ice Bow?

in Elementalist

Posted by: almoadilla.5167

almoadilla.5167

i think they wanna kick us of meta, i dont know for what ,as no other classes better, ajam the reaper,thief damage… go the nerf elementalists yay! ¬¬…

Attachments:

(edited by almoadilla.5167)

Over nerf on Ice Bow?

in Elementalist

Leaa.2943

It was a fun joke. Lighten up.

That is my whole problem, it wasn’t fun, it was a person gloating and it looked so god kitten awful. I got the link sent to me from other eles feeling like he was giving us the finger, so how ever fun this guy had, a big pile of their players was offended by the way he said it.

As for the nerfs i did not say it could be nerfed it could of course be, but nerfing something to the ground is a big difference, especially since they raised the damage on warriors killshots so it now hits with 25 k instead of 20 k (as ele i have 13650 hp so he now oneshots me two times in one single shot which means i wont even get a down state) and then as if this would make up for anything, they give us a short cd on a elite glyph which is completely unuseful since noone use it and not because of the long cd, but because the enemies kills it in one or two hits due to no toughnes and low hp on the pets.

Over nerf on Ice Bow?

in Elementalist

Posted by: almoadilla.5167

almoadilla.5167

this is what I think happened at the conference

Attachments:

Over nerf on Ice Bow?

in Elementalist

Relshdan.6854

this,

its a pve skill, that still works well for the purposes it was used for: on large groups of mobs or large-hitbox bosses

MARA (EU) Gunnar’s Hold

Over nerf on Ice Bow?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Taldren.7523

Taldren.7523

this,

its a pve skill, that still works well for the purposes it was used for: on large groups of mobs or large-hitbox bosses

No, it was also a PvP ability that we used in builds that weren’t the cookie cutter D/D Cele build. I use it quite often in my S/x air/earth marauder builds. I don’t want to hear a PvE bunny telling us what we use and don’t use in PvP, thanks.

80 Elementalist (RotV), 80 Mesmer (RotV)
80 Necromancer (IRNY), 80 Guardian (IRNY)
GW2: it’s like DAoC, but for the WoW crowd.

Over nerf on Ice Bow?

in Elementalist

Relshdan.6854

this,

No, it was also a PvP ability that we used in builds that weren’t the cookie cutter D/D Cele build. I use it quite often in my S/x air/earth marauder builds. I don’t want to hear a PvE bunny telling us what we use and don’t use in PvP, thanks.

and i don’t want to hear one of the dozens of PvP players (if there are even that many) whine about a balance nerf that finally hurt them instead of us bunnies.

MARA (EU) Gunnar’s Hold

Over nerf on Ice Bow?

in Elementalist

Neko.9021

Forum bug