Over nerf on Ice Bow?

Over nerf on Ice Bow?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Fashion Mage.3712

Fashion Mage.3712

People who are happy about it being nerfed so hard are part of the reason why there are so many useless utilities. All of you should reconsider your ridiculous view point. “Balance” doesn’t mean Smiter’s booning a skill, it means making it gasp balanced.

Over nerf on Ice Bow?

in Elementalist

Posted by: GuildWarsChamp.5302

GuildWarsChamp.5302

In my opinion, yes… ice bow was over nerfed.

Balthazar Almighty
Representing: [ZoS] Zealots of Shiverpeak -Main guild on NSP
Leader of [TZ] Raiders of the Lost Temples -Temple Zerg

Over nerf on Ice Bow?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Senario.2038

Senario.2038

Today was the first time after 3 years and over 6000 hours of playtime that i consider to leave the game. This was the reason https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fK1N_vqJPac&feature=youtu.be

No matter how many times i watch this and trying to give him the benefit of the doubt, it still turns out to be Arenanet giving the elementalists the finger, and not in a twisted funny way, but in a gloating ugly way.

Then i see how they tell us that Hey we have buffed your elite skill and it turns out you buffed the glyps, which very few of us ever uses anyway since the pet dies in two hits.

So in the end we still only have one elite still to use which is fiery sword and noone uses it for the damage but to move faster forward. The Icebow is dumbed down to a point were it will be useless, and since the axe and the shield was always uselss, so we now having 5 conjured weapons that noone will use, and we already had the useless glyphs, were one got less cd which have no meaning since the pets are easy to kill, which means in the end ele now have 10 skills that most of us never use.

But thank you for that gloating message from the Arena net staff on the twitch stream, your gtfo message is noticed.

Surely you’ve noticed in your 6000 hours of play that Ele has been the top class in GW2 PvE for a while now. Ice Bow was crazy, did far too much damage, and had to nerfed for the upcoming raid encounters.

So for this it is ok for A-net to insult us? Did you even watch the link?

It was a fun joke. Lighten up.

Fun joke = Acting like a complete jerk. Honestly when presenting nerfs don’t be a jerk about it, present it professionally and with reasoning to go with it. The way this guy did it is pretty much a giant middle finger to any Ele players. Yes, Icebow was broken, but that doesn’t mean you have to be a jerk while presenting nerfs. Ele already got quite a few nerfs with very little good news besides “hey now you can play fresh air a little better”.

I dunno, I was unfamiliar with this guy before the twitch stream as I play this game for fun. I hopped onto stream to see what was going on and at the very end what I saw was a very unprofessional person trying to be edgy but instead being a jerk about it.

Over nerf on Ice Bow?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Xae Isareth.1364

Xae Isareth.1364

Ice Bow was supposed to be a support weapon in the first place. Add tons of healing and support to it and done. The other conjures need buffs too! they dont see use in any part of the game except fgs

See, this is the problem. If its supposed to be a support weapon, why is #4 even on there?

It’s like the whole Death Blossom issue with D/D thieves.

I agree with the nerf but I think they’ve done a kitten job. Conjure weapons need a rework. Throughout the entire history of their existence, they’ve been either useless in both game modes, one button spammers, nuke-and-drop, or only used as a mobility tool.

(edited by Xae Isareth.1364)

Over nerf on Ice Bow?

in Elementalist

Posted by: thrag.9740

thrag.9740

Ice Bow was supposed to be a support weapon in the first place. Add tons of healing and support to it and done. The other conjures need buffs too! they dont see use in any part of the game except fgs

See, this is the problem. If its supposed to be a support weapon, why is #4 even on there?

I agree with the nerf but I think they’ve done a kitten job. Conjure weapons need a rework. Throughout the entire history of their existence, they’ve been either useless in both game modes, one button spammers, nuke-and-drop, or only used as a mobility tool.

It’s not suppose to be a support weapon. Ele has it’s greatest dps modifiers on water attunement, so if you’re thinking icebow is water based therefore it’s support, your misguided. Water attunment is very interesting because it has huge modifiers but no really good attacks. This encourages setting up combos and then swapping to water attunement right before they burst. A lot of ele’s big hits have a long cast time, pairing perfectly with this. On staff: fire 2, 5, earth 2, air 2 can all be comboed together in one way or another while swapping to water attunement to get the biggest hits possible.

Conjure weapons benefit from this as well, so when you want to really do some damage with conjure weapons, you do so in water attunement. Therefore, a conjure based on water being the best dps weapon seems like the natural choice.

Over nerf on Ice Bow?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Inflames.8026

Inflames.8026

Elementalist players, why are your tears so sweet. You been the reigning kings in pvp, spvp and WvW for a long time now, the changes coming are valid and just.

The icebow was incredibly potent and gamechanging.

Say the Icebow did 10k dps. That is 10 k damage per secound. For 5 secounds.
To up to 5 enemies.

Now it does 5k dps, Thats 5 k damage per secound. For 5 secounds.
To up to 5 enemies.

Can you please show me another skill that comes remotely close to dealing an optimal 25k damage to 5 targets after a nerf?

Over nerf on Ice Bow?

in Elementalist

Xae Isareth.1364

It’s not suppose to be a support weapon. Ele has it’s greatest dps modifiers on water attunement, so if you’re thinking icebow is water based therefore it’s support, your misguided. Water attunment is very interesting because it has huge modifiers but no really good attacks. This encourages setting up combos and then swapping to water attunement right before they burst. A lot of ele’s big hits have a long cast time, pairing perfectly with this. On staff: fire 2, 5, earth 2, air 2 can all be comboed together in one way or another while swapping to water attunement to get the biggest hits possible.

Conjure weapons benefit from this as well, so when you want to really do some damage with conjure weapons, you do so in water attunement. Therefore, a conjure based on water being the best dps weapon seems like the natural choice.

If you’re talking about PvE here, why would you switch out of fire on staff for damage reasons unless your target is about to die?

If ice bow was supposed to be a high DPS weapon, its autoattack wouldnt have been an awkward targeted heal and it wouldnt have given you healing and condition duration.

Disregarding whether water has higher damage modifiers, water is the support/healing line. I don’t think you can spin it any way to argue that water is supposed to be the DPS attunement.

Over nerf on Ice Bow?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Animo Omega.3190

Animo Omega.3190

Okey, that will get conjuration out of my build in PVE. Anybody knows any good build for PVE that uses any conjured weapon and not just for very circumstantial situation?

Over nerf on Ice Bow?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ganathar.4956

Ganathar.4956

Okey, that will get conjuration out of my build in PVE. Anybody knows any good build for PVE that uses any conjured weapon and not just for very circumstantial situation?

Don’t use conjure weapons anywhere except if you need that FGS for some mobility. If you want a pure damage build just run Glyph of Storms, Signet of fire and something else. Maybe you could get Arcane Wave for the blast finisher. This is of course assuming that you don’t want to abuse the linecasting bug to try and make ice bow viable. For soloing in the HoT regions you may want to include some more defensive utilities in your setup as well.

Over nerf on Ice Bow?

in Elementalist

thrag.9740

If you’re talking about PvE here, why would you switch out of fire on staff for damage reasons unless your target is about to die?

Let me guess, you think the only think a staff ele does is 211211211211211? Check out the rotation here (http://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Elementalist_-_Staff). Fractal pugs fights often last longer than a minute. You can take note that at minimum every minute you will be swapping out of fire. However, in pugs you may need to play defensively and be swapping a lot more. For example, if you have no gaurdian/mesmer/engi, then magnetic aura (which is shared with the group in the build given) may want to be used to prevent a party wipe. Examples would be harpy fractal to prevent harpy knock back, and lava shaman to prevent incredibly brutal deaths lol.

If ice bow was supposed to be a high DPS weapon, its autoattack wouldnt have been an awkward targeted heal and it wouldnt have given you healing and condition duration.

So you think the way conjures were suppose to work, is that ele summons them, and continues to use them for their autoattack? That takes away the ele’s class mechanic, as conjure weapons don’t swap skills on attunement swap. Again, look at water attunement, huge dps modifiers, but no high dps skills. Staff water aa is also a weak healing skill. This punishes you for swapping attunements without a plan. It forces you to come up with smart combos. Something else to consider is tempest defense. 20% dps boost against stunned targets. It is no coincidence that ele’s biggest burst skill is on a weapon which also has a 5 second stun. Anet clearly planned for icebow to be a powerful weapon for ele. As for giving healing power and condi, all I can say is look at the weapon as a whole, the skills themselves tell a better story than some statt bonus’s equal to a warriors banners.

Disregarding whether water has higher damage modifiers, water is the support/healing line. I don’t think you can spin it any way to argue that water is supposed to be the DPS attunement.

The attunements are not one dimensional. If water is ONLY for support/healing why does it have the best modifiers? Because attunements have more complexity than that. Why does water staff have vulnerability and chill?

Over nerf on Ice Bow?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nikaido.6739

Nikaido.6739

I agree with Thrag, you said everything in my mind. The whole Ele class mechanic on Water attuntment is very poorly design. There are damage boost but never really a good water dps, there are healing, but those are very weak heal. Ice Bow were meant to balance it, Icestorms work so well with Piercing shards trait, and Ele SUPPOSE to deal strong AOE damage regardless of PvE or PvP. If they want to nerf IceBow just because of the popularity, I’d say how about just “do not” let anyone else beside the caster pick up the additional weapon, keep the original dps. By reducing “50%?” dmg? plus even reduce icebow’s ability to hit only 3 targets? I didn’t watch the link but a person mocking fun of Ele players? Who’s the balance team here, are they approved by GW2’s creator? They might as well just tell us they don’t want us to use IceBow anymore.

Over nerf on Ice Bow?

in Elementalist

Xae Isareth.1364

@thrag

1. I agree in that case then. I was thinking you were alluding to swapping to water to burst meteor shower outside of a conjure rotation.

2. It is supposed to be one to use them yes. Otherwise the conjurer trait wouldnt be in game. Why does it matter if conjured weapons takes away your ability to swap skills? It’s not like there can’t be any alternative gameplay approaches within the class’s skills.

The water line is that way because isn’t just because of conjure weapons. The staff isnt the only weapon you have, the dagger for example, has water skills which mixes more damage into them than the staff’s, and the water traits lets you develop that aspect further.

Looking at the ice-bow’s kitten nal as a whole, you got 4 support/CC based skills and only one skill that’s purely focused on damage. What’s your point?

Over nerf on Ice Bow?

in Elementalist

thrag.9740

4 support/cc based skills? Lets examine them

1.) Healing skill and damaging skill.

2.) Vulnerability application skill, setting up a target for future attacks. Combos with peircing shards when we use 4.

3.) Chill skill. Helps keep a boss in an aoe for when we use 4 in the event defiance is an issue.

4.) big damage skill. Also solid condi application.

5.) 5 sec stun, helps keep a boss in the 4 aoe. Also combos with tempest defense.

Now, you have decided to group enemy debuffs and ally buffs together and call them all support. You claim the weapon is a support weapon. However, if you read the above, 4 of the 5 attacks all have good interplay together to maximize personal dps. Only the autoattack does not make sense. If 4/5 skills are dps, and only 1 is healing, I think the 1 skill is out of place, not the other 4.

Over nerf on Ice Bow?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Elorna.5329

Elorna.5329

Actually there’s no skill out of place on the bow, the only thing out of place is the way damage is calculated against large hitbox targets. And the only 2 skills that have that problem (afaik) are MS and IB#4 (as far as ele goes, I guess Smite on guardian has it too). Don’t know why Anet can’t just code those skills like they have the other AoE’s.

The greatest freedom is the freedom not to get involved.

Over nerf on Ice Bow?

in Elementalist

Posted by: OtakuDFifty.2965

OtakuDFifty.2965

As an Ele I approve the Ice Bow nerf. If it was me I’d completely remove Conjures and replace them with Wards or something

Yeah, except keep FGS for the mobility :p

Seriously though, I really hope we get a Conjure overhaul. I love the concept behind them but they need to make them worth equipping.

Although, Wards would be AWESOME!

I dunno, the last time there was an overhaul to a skill category, Guardian Tomes went bye-bye.