Overload is life

Overload is life

in Elementalist

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

I basically refuse to play anything that hasn’t got an overload on it, there is not a single overload that I hate, I use all of them at specific situation:

Reduce to ashes all who try to hide in stealth or shattering any hope of ressing for the enemy?…Fire Overload

A last ditch attempt to remain alive or save your friend from certain death?….Water Overload

Wanna inflict massive pain on the enemy and force them to run for their lives (assuming they do manage to run away) or simply want to teach the enemy the true meaning of fear?….Air Overload

Become an unbreakable moving fortress, bleeding to death all who dare to stay close?…..Earth Overload

Wherever I go..overloads will be there with me…./thread

Overload is life

in Elementalist

Posted by: Blooperz.6145

Blooperz.6145

They do OK damage…the range on them can make them a handicap at times imo. But cant complain about all those boons when cast

Overload is life

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

wipes tear from eye So long.. I’ve waited so long to find a kindred spirit.

Overload is life

in Elementalist

Posted by: pdboddy.4162

pdboddy.4162

I was sold on tempest watching WoodenPotatoes. I made a decidedly girlish squeal when WP’s ele was riding the elements into battle.

If ever Anet introduces mounts, I want one that looks like the earth overload. So I can stand magestically while riding into battle.

Overload is life

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kycoo Grim.9463

Kycoo Grim.9463

Its funny to be one of those guys that was super sad to see tempest when it first came out and now I love it. I love running fresh air, overloading, swapping to another element and getting a crit to swap back to air and get a 5 sec recharge on the overload again! Perma boons for life!

Just a filthy Casual, move along.

Overload is life

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

This. I burn then when they try rezzing, i fear them at combat start with a lightning storm and i roll over them in earth. Just water is not very useable ….
And i use scepter(sigh a bit buff would be nice) to have range. My close combat power is good enough. Staff is good to combine overloads with fields and range but i love my focus to much ….

Overload is life

in Elementalist

Posted by: posthumecaver.6473

posthumecaver.6473

Ohhh for me Overloads are my headless chicken imitation, running left and right without any purpose

Overload is life

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nath Forge Tempete.1645

Nath Forge Tempete.1645

They do OK damage…the range on them can make them a handicap at times imo. But cant complain about all those boons when cast

They do really good dmg for a celestial build , u should say.

Overload is life

in Elementalist

Posted by: Glenstorm.4059

Glenstorm.4059

As someone who was very down on the Tempest when it was first revealed, I must admit that the Overloads are great, and tbh I find them indispensable now. I can’t imagine a situation in the current game where Tempest doesn’t overshadow vanEle. Well, I don’t know much about WvW, but I suspect that even there Tempest with Overloads would be preferable.

All I want now is for Overload Water to leave behind an effect after it’s ended, like the other Overloads. Ice field please?

Fear the might of SHATTERSTONE.

Overload is life

in Elementalist

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

Go play tempest in wvw with bolt to the heart + 50%+ crit chance and 200% crit dmg then supported by your zerg, rush forward shouting : “execution mode activated” while using air overload..nuff said

Overload is life

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

It does OK dmg on a tank build, which would normally do no dmg.

With a dmg build, overload dmg is insane. Air attunment self homing 3-5k hits make enemies run around in panic, fire overload gives me the dmg of meteor shower in melee and they can’t run away so easily either.

I didn’t like tempest at all at first, now I refuse to play without it.

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr

Overload is life

in Elementalist

Posted by: Blaine Tog.8304

Blaine Tog.8304

I cannot stand Overloads. None of them are worth not being able to dodge for 4 seconds.

I main Ele and Necro, though I have an alt of each profession at level 80.
How to Condi Reaper on a budget
Everything I say is only in reference to PvE and WvW.

Overload is life

in Elementalist

Posted by: DanteZero.9736

DanteZero.9736

I love the over exaggerations OP. 9/10, great troll post.

On a serious note though, get crowd controlled twice in a row while you have one stack of stability while overloading and tell me how great it can be to overload. Alternatively, tell me how you can pop armor of earth on cooldown every time you overload and how useful and helpful that can be.

Overload is life

in Elementalist

Posted by: Grimreaper.5370

Grimreaper.5370

Overloads only really feel like they fit the staffs weapon set playstyle imo, the other weaponsets just feel like they’re thrown off of their nice fast paced combat flow when using an overload which has to channel for so long. I’d really like for overloads to function slightly different.

Somewhere between a 1 1/2 – 2 second cast time at most, I’d like to be able to cast my other abilities while overloads are going off, swap attunments after this cast time is complete and most importantly not be locked out of an attunement for 20 seconds, maybe 12-15 seconds at most. I’d also like for the 33% cd reduction traits to effect overloads as well. Balance them accordingly of course.

(edited by Grimreaper.5370)

Overload is life

in Elementalist

Posted by: reikken.4961

reikken.4961

On a serious note though, get crowd controlled twice in a row while you have one stack of stability while overloading and tell me how great it can be to overload.

the one stack of stability is usually enough for me.

And I actually frequently overload JUST for the swiftness and stability. I’ll start the overload and immediately cancel it. Useful for stomping, or just walking across the map faster.

Anyway I hate overload in general, but I wanted to make the tankiest ele build I could possibly make, and tempest was it. So I’ve recently been playing a settler’s tempest.

Overload is life

in Elementalist

Posted by: posthumecaver.6473

posthumecaver.6473

Overloads, specially air, is great for AOE, in WvWvWs target rich environment they rock, if there will be a raid that need great AOE it will rock also.

There is this one achievement, ‘It’s All About Timing’ you have to do for Ascended Sinister Accessory, dulfy says you need 3 people to do it in 8 mins.

http://dulfy.net/2015/01/14/gw2-point-of-no-return-living-story-achievements-guide/

I finish that solo with zerker staff fresh air Ele 1 minute left on timer, we are a living terminator in an AOE fight but I still think Tempest/Overlaod are boring in PVP.

I prefer the D/D playstyle 10 times more.

Overload is life

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

I play tempest and it playes well in the following pvp sets.
Rune: i always use settlers.
Amulet: I like the new wanderer. It suits me very well.
Settlers was the second enjoyable. The healing power and bunker ability is noticable but the damage output was to low for me.
Clestial is somwhere between. It works well. Especially in teamfights but overal wanderer seems to play better for me. I don´t realy notice more then my 660 extra armor. It feels like the perfect spot.
I prefer tempest playstyle over D/D. Its more strategic then fast paced and this suits me.