[PVE Build] Fire Tempest

[PVE Build] Fire Tempest

in Elementalist

Posted by: lLobo.7960

lLobo.7960

Was thinking about the potential of a burn ele using the tempest spec and came up with this theoricrafted build: Fire Tempest!

The idea is not to be a dungeon meta build (or could it be for long fights?) but a different take on open world pve using maximum burn dmg.

The concept: Maximum burn stacks and dmg.

How: If facing a big group of mobs, you can start on earth to cast dust storm for blind fields and follow to air to get them all in a nice line inside the storm. Then follow to fire. In fire you can start with glyph of elemental power and burning speed to get a fire field going on top of the lined up mobs and stack 3+ stacks of burn, on top of the fire field use arcane brilliance to get some might stacks and more AoE burns, use feel the burn to get fire aura and stack more AoE burns, follow with arcane power and drake’s breath to AoE stack 10+ stacks of burn, follow up with wildfire to get another fire field and 8+ stacks of burn, step on the fire field and overload fire to get more stacks of burn (extra stacks due to whirl finisher on fire field, 8+ stacks?)
So that would be some 30+ stacks of burn?

So seems a high potential of AoE burns with some good dmg. I think adding tempest to the burn ele increases its burn potential with the warhorn skill, shout and overload fire on top of a fire field.

I’m bringing it here to ask: – Balthazar runes (10% higher burn duration and more condi dmg) or flame legion (7% more dmg and more power)? – Could you possibly increase the burn application somehow?

Any other thoughts…

This could be fun on the pve events and to melt Husks in HoT…
Might even be good to some fractals….

(edited by lLobo.7960)

[PVE Build] Fire Tempest

in Elementalist

Posted by: Bandit.8279

Bandit.8279

Don’t forget your elite and the FGS! It adds a ton of condi damage when equipped, that #2 is lovely for stacking burns and using the fire overload while having FGS equipped is divine.

I still prefer D/D with Earth spec for open world burn builds but the one you posted has potential. We still don’t know exactly how the tempest will end up as it’s still in the iteration process but in a little over a month we shall see:D

Fools N Gold [FNG] of Tarnished Coast

[PVE Build] Fire Tempest

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Don’t forget your elite and the FGS! It adds a ton of condi damage when equipped, that #2 is lovely for stacking burns and using the fire overload while having FGS equipped is divine.

I still prefer D/D with Earth spec for open world burn builds but the one you posted has potential. We still don’t know exactly how the tempest will end up as it’s still in the iteration process but in a little over a month we shall see:D

The new shout elite maybe better for an all in glass build like this (once they changes the effect to you do not die on the next hit but heal if it was going to kill you).

Final shielding i think would be better for the master line and maybe for one of your utility.
I am playing with an high healing support tempest build that dose “ok” condition dmg it may have some use for ppl who like burning.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJBIhdSfJ0fJ25AYhJwhJW+AM356d9vSMCeANghDQA4BC-T1RFAB0pHQMVdwe/BpU+BqSQAMBRjaBAA-w

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

[PVE Build] Fire Tempest

in Elementalist

Bandit.8279

The new shout elite maybe better for an all in glass build like this (once they changes the effect to you do not die on the next hit but heal if it was going to kill you).

Final shielding i think would be better for the master line and maybe for one of your utility.
I am playing with an high healing support tempest build that dose “ok” condition dmg it may have some use for ppl who like burning.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJBIhdSfJ0fJ25AYhJwhJW+AM356d9vSMCeANghDQA4BC-T1RFAB0pHQMVdwe/BpU+BqSQAMBRjaBAA-w

I agree that the new elite shout might actually be useful to take now but if I was looking to create a pure damage build I would still prefer the FGS which it looked like the OP was aiming for. The Elite Shout would better fit a support role.

I used Settler and Apothecary set-ups for my Tempest support builds in BWE2 and saw the better potential in them over a tanky Dire set-up. Because the Tempest seems to be pushed into the mid-range support role I found playing Tempest w/out healing power and w/out Aura Sharing to feel out of place.

Being able to throw magnetic aura on those around me with all the projectiles being tossed around out in VB was pretty satisfying. Not to mention aoe heals and the ability to just about instantly refill my health. Some of those events out there got pretty rough as players were experiencing them for the first time on builds they were not used too and going support on Tempest was a great feeling.

That being said one has to be able to kill things and the condi damage I was able to obtain through stacking burns was lovely for a support build.

Oh, don’t forget about Gale Song! There is a lot of CC being thrown out in VB from the enemies I faced and having that trait was rather handy.

(edited by Bandit.8279)

[PVE Build] Fire Tempest

in Elementalist

lLobo.7960

True, but I think getting fgs is more in line with what the purpose of the build is.
But yea, you can use the shout if some encounters need it.

I agree that the new elite shout might actually be useful to take now but if I was looking to create a pure damage build I would still prefer the FGS which it looked like the OP was aiming for. The Elite Shout would better fit a support role.

Oh, don’t forget about Gale Song! There is a lot of CC being thrown out in VB from the enemies I faced and having that trait was rather handy.

[/quote]

Yea fgs seems great to pull out before the overload.
Gale song I dont think its needed, with all WH skills breaking stun.

The changes to earth skills and overload might add some bleeds on top of the burn…

Was putting out some rough calculations using koi cakes and toxic crystals, and seems you can apply 50 stacks of burn over 10secs.
On the end of those 10 secs, 39 of those burn stacks will still be ticking and others will be ready to reapply…
Seems the build can keep 25 to 30 stacks of burn constantly and AoE. That is about 10k to 12k dps just from burning, plus the raw dmg of ~24k power, 50% crit chance + perma fury and 150% crit dmg on the ele…

Im looking forward to test it.

[PVE Build] Fire Tempest

in Elementalist

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

OP, how do you go about cleansing conditions from you?

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

[PVE Build] Fire Tempest

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

he dies. I played a condi ele F/E/Ar. Anny decent condi necro or Mesmer killed me.
But its funny against most zerker builds. Warriors with berserkers stance are also hard if they can play :-).
Not using wash the pain away helps. classic eather renewal.
And in a burn build cleansing flame is great.

[PVE Build] Fire Tempest

in Elementalist

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

he dies. I played a condi ele F/E/Ar. Anny decent condi necro or Mesmer killed me.
But its funny against most zerker builds. Warriors with berserkers stance are also hard if they can play :-).

I think its hilarious, that even a fringe spec. faces the logical choice to keep picking up cantrips, then water, then…

Goodness this class is pigeon-holed so hard into one build-path.

[PVE Build] Fire Tempest

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

indeed i run it now with water…. ether renewal, cleansing flame, lighning flash.
This is pure survival …….. I wil lbe glad if a can drop it for shouts …. Start to hate cantrips XD.

[PVE Build] Fire Tempest

in Elementalist

Bandit.8279

OP, how do you go about cleansing conditions from you?

The OP would probably want to take Cleansing Fire as it will also apply more burns to match the theme of this build.

Edit: I would also look into taking Evasive Arcana. You can use cleansing wave, blast your fire field and Flame Burst is nice burn application as well.

(edited by Bandit.8279)

[PVE Build] Fire Tempest

in Elementalist

Bandit.8279

I think its hilarious, that even a fringe spec. faces the logical choice to keep picking up cantrips, then water, then…

I run several different builds across my 4 level 80 ele’s and only one of them uses the cantrip meta and yet each build is fun and viable in PvE which this thread is aimed at. It’s all too easy to swap out a Utility or two depending on the encounters you’ll be facing.

[PVE Build] Fire Tempest

in Elementalist

Posted by: Axialbloom.8109

Axialbloom.8109

I did an AoE burn build in the beta weekend. But it looks like they nerfed it

[PVE Build] Fire Tempest

in Elementalist

lLobo.7960

I think you misread the tittle… its a pvE build.
Yes, any build that goes into pvp needs to deal with tons of condition spam. This is not the case… Maximum you’ll have a condi burst that you can deal with going into water and cleasing if there is no one in your team that can group cleanse.

The idea of the build is to stack lots of burns for maximum dmg in pve fights.