PVE magnetic leap for the fire aura

in Elementalist

Posted by: Piratoz.8627

Piratoz.8627

Talking about PVE here not PVP.
So when using fresh air d/d, after laying down ring of fire, switching to earth attunement, and using earthquake, is it an increase in total dps to use magnetic leap to leap combo my fire field for a fire aura instead of immediately switching to air for the autoattack? I have zephyr’s boon traited so I gain 5 seconds of fury and swiftness. I am not running 30 fire for persisting flames. I find that with my current frost and shock aura combined with arcane fury from the arcane minor I get around 60-70% uptime on fury if no one else in the party provides fury. Gaining an additional aura on a low cooldown would probably push it toward 100% uptime.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zelyhn.8069

Zelyhn.8069

I can only tell you that accurately if you tell me your exact rotation, gear and build.

Magnetic leap has a long animation time, but Fury is a strong boost to damage, so the end result is not clear.

I am quite surprised that with Zephyr’s boon and arcane fury you do not maintain 100% fury uptime though. Are you using Fresh Air to its full potential?

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]
Retired elementalist theorycrafter