PVE weapons?

PVE weapons?

in Elementalist

Posted by: steelwolves.5980

steelwolves.5980

Hello,

I’m currently running s/wh for fractals and so far It has been fun. I also use the weapon for solo PvE since I really dislike the dagger’s fire attunement.

I’ve been reading quantify’s build and it states that the build is only good for small hitboxes and that staff shines at large hit boxes due to meteor shower.

S/WH has been the most fun, Staff is okish because of the storm but sometimes It feels meh since I have to rely on magic weapons for consistent dps.

Can I really avoid dagger/warhorn for semi-hardcore PVE? What do you use for fractals/raid/solo?

PVE weapons?

in Elementalist

Posted by: steve.2945

steve.2945

you can use S/w for alot of things, but “most” raid groups want you to use D/wh for small hit box bosses. It doesn’t really matter basically.

Proud TTS member

PVE weapons?

in Elementalist

Posted by: reikken.4961

reikken.4961

Scepter and dagger apparently do basically the same amount of dps

http://qtfy.eu/benchmarks/

PVE weapons?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Feanor.2358

Feanor.2358

Hello,

I’m currently running s/wh for fractals and so far It has been fun. I also use the weapon for solo PvE since I really dislike the dagger’s fire attunement.

I’ve been reading quantify’s build and it states that the build is only good for small hitboxes and that staff shines at large hit boxes due to meteor shower.

S/WH has been the most fun, Staff is okish because of the storm but sometimes It feels meh since I have to rely on magic weapons for consistent dps.

Can I really avoid dagger/warhorn for semi-hardcore PVE? What do you use for fractals/raid/solo?

You can use whatever you prefer, they are all good enough to beat basically everything the game can throw at you in PvE. Staff isn’t optimal against small targets, but it is also good enough, if you prefer it.

PVE weapons?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Irensaga.6935

Irensaga.6935

I thought D/WH, you aren’t supposed to use Fire Attunement for anything except Flame Dash? Is that correct?

I thought you were supposed to mostly run Air Attunement with dagger for the high-damage auto-attacks and regular Overloads on Air.

PVE weapons?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Feanor.2358

Feanor.2358

I thought D/WH, you aren’t supposed to use Fire Attunement for anything except Flame Dash? Is that correct?

No, Wildfire is a dps increase. Basically on every even switch to Fire you’d use Flame Dash (because Wildfire will be on cooldown), on every odd switch you use both. You still spend minimal time in Fire, just press F3 right after you press 5.