Patch notes

Patch notes

in Elementalist

Posted by: Papaj.9035

Papaj.9035

You guys don’t seem to realise that there’s a good chance all the bunker builds will eventually be tweaked downwards. That the Ele bunker got nerfed first is irrelevant and shortsighted. They have no place in the game. Period.

Survival oriented builds designed to buy time, sure. Almost immortal builds that require extreme dedication of manpower to drop in a timely fashion, no.

Sure, it would have been great to have all that happen in one patch, and I’m not arguing that the patch is kinda pathetic, given the state of the game right now, but you’re acting like you’ve been singled out above all else to receive the only bunker nerf that will ever happen in the entire history and future of the game.

It’s reasonable to assume that, if the developers are competant (the jury is still out on that one as far as I’m concerned) broken things will be fixed, and yet here we are, crying about how some broken stuff was fixed, like it’s some kind of massive surprise. The only surprise is that it took this long and that it wasn’t uniformly spread across all the offending classes, which I’ll not argue feels like a bit of a slight, but I would hope that what we’re seeing now is the beginning of them bringing a lot of classes into line as far as capabilities goes, in order to evaluate on a roughly even playing field, and then, if necessary, buff appropriately. If you’re too short-sighted to see the vague outline of a medium/long term goal for achieving overall balance, then I honestly don’t know what to say.

It’s more significant than you think it is that the Ele build was nerfed first. Particularly that no other bunker builds were even touched, yet they do it better. Not to mention that our bunker build (and the Warrior’s to a lesser extent) was also the best PvE support specs for dungeons for our class.

As to bunker builds having no place in the game whatsoever, I am going to have to call you out on that one. Because there are no avoidance stats like dodge or parry, and since there are very few skills that mimic those, avoiding damage and being able to eat some damage before dropping into the downed state was something anybody with half a functioning brain should have realized after playing a single beta weekend. I won’t argue against the point that they make things frustrating, particularly in sPvP, but why nerf the weakest of those builds? Why not bring the others down from the top of Mount Everest?

In regards to everything else about this just being the first of many balance fixes to come…..this is a horrendous start. Rangers were supposed to get a lot of love (quoting an ANet moderator there) this patch, and they got not very much at all, mostly a bunch of useless stuff done to them. Warriors haven’t seen a nerf yet since the game launch, Guardians are kind of sitting even by the looks of it, and Engi’s (which were in many people’s thoughts were supposed to get a much needed Grenade Kit nerf) didn’t really see any detrimental changes to their class.

So I’ll agree with you that my trust level in about 6 feet under at the moment, but I can’t have a positive outlook on the long-term and ‘big picture’ of things if this is what they deliver in terms of class changes and balance when they made bigger promises weeks ago.

80 Norn Elementalist
Violent Impact [VI] Guild Master (Blackgate)
http://www.impact-gaming.us

Patch notes

in Elementalist

Posted by: soraky.7418

soraky.7418

Well, even Warriors are complaining apparently. Everyone is letting out a knee-jerk reaction, which is fine, but not informed at all.

Goes both ways though — people are saying every other class except theirs got buffed, including eles.

I’m not saying ‘eles are still good’, nor am I saying ‘eles are now doom and gloom’. I’m saying, play in the post META, not the post ELE patch. There’s going to be a significant difference now, since every class experienced changes.

And yes, eles might look to be the bottom of the barrel after this patch. I actually am of the same opinion right now as well. But I won’t make that call for myself until I give conjures a serious second try and see how effective, if at all, RTL and Magnetic Grasp now are.

Patch notes

in Elementalist

Posted by: OddFinrir.6801

OddFinrir.6801

I read it all! Woohoo!

Anyways, I’m kinda happy that Frost Storm hits more now. I used it as a main aoe and it took out around 9k-10k when it was done. I think adding buffs to weilding conjures was OK. It encourages builds around them without making them 100% OP. I still think Earth Shield is useless, though, but that’s just me. >.>

Oh, I went and tested Frost Bow. Frost Fan now has a 4 sec chill effect instead of a .25sec chill. It cannot stack if it hits you with all of the arrows though.

(edited by OddFinrir.6801)

Patch notes

in Elementalist

Posted by: boozer.7815

boozer.7815

Ride the Lightning: This skill should now track moving enemies more reliably.
Magnetic Grasp: This skill should now track moving enemies more reliably and end correctly when you reach your target.

Awesome! If this is actually true in game, GOOD JOB ANET!

Evasive Arcana: This trait no longer creates unintended blast finishers.

Again, if this is actually true in game, GOOD JOB ANET!

Dragon’s Tooth: The blast finisher for this skill now triggers at the spell location rather than the character’s location.

Again, good job on catching another exploit!

Blasting Staff and Geomancer’s Alacrity: These traits now work together for the Eruption skill.
Mist Form: This skill now works with the Water Magic trait Cantrip Mastery.
Soothing Wave: This skill now properly applies regeneration to the elementalist when using Conjure Frost rather than only when the bow is picked up.

OMG, Awesome!!

Healing Ripple: This skill’s scaling with healing power has been reduced by 50% in PvP only, as it had scaling that’s normally reserved for main healing skills. The maximum number of targets has also been reduced from infinite to 5.

Huh?!

Tornado: Leaving this elite skill now removes the stability it grants in order to make it consistent with other elite transformation abilities.

Wha?!!!

Vapor Form: Fixed a bug that allowed this skill to contest a capture point.

Mmmmk

Flame Axe: This weapon now grants the wielder power and condition damage.
Frost Bow: This weapon now grants the wielder increased condition duration and increased healing power.
Fiery Greatsword: This weapon now grants the wielder power and condition damage.
Magnetic Shield: This weapon now grants the wielder vitality and toughness.
Lightning Hammer: This weapon now grants the wielder increased precision and critical damage.

YEEEESSSSSS!!!!!

Now, Allow us to swap on demand!!

(edited by boozer.7815)

Patch notes

in Elementalist

Posted by: Papaj.9035

Papaj.9035

Well, even Warriors are complaining apparently. Everyone is letting out a knee-jerk reaction, which is fine, but not informed at all.

Then those Warriors are some of the saddest excuses for the conglomeration of flesh and bone that I have ever seen represent the human race, because they pretty much got projectile finishers on 2 more of their Rifle abilities and 3 more of their Speargun abilities (not that those matter because most fields can’t be placed underwater) and got a buff on their Longbow auto-attack damage. And if I had to take a guess, their Triple Chop damage got boosted as well because responsiveness typically relates to how fast an ability either activates or finishes animation frames before proceeding to the next attack.

80 Norn Elementalist
Violent Impact [VI] Guild Master (Blackgate)
http://www.impact-gaming.us

Patch notes

in Elementalist

Posted by: Rainasa.3471

Rainasa.3471

Ride the Lightning: This skill should now track moving enemies more reliably.
Magnetic Grasp: This skill should now track moving enemies more reliably and end correctly when you reach your target.

Awesome! If this is actually true in game, GOOD JOB ANET!

Evasive Arcana: This trait no longer creates unintended blast finishers.

Again, if this is actually true in game, GOOD JOB ANET!

Dragon’s Tooth: The blast finisher for this skill now triggers at the spell location rather than the character’s location.

Again, good job on catching another exploit!

Blasting Staff and Geomancer’s Alacrity: These traits now work together for the Eruption skill.
Mist Form: This skill now works with the Water Magic trait Cantrip Mastery.
Soothing Wave: This skill now properly applies regeneration to the elementalist when using Conjure Frost rather than only when the bow is picked up.

OMG, Awesome!!

Healing Ripple: This skill’s scaling with healing power has been reduced by 50% in PvP only, as it had scaling that’s normally reserved for main healing skills. The maximum number of targets has also been reduced from infinite to 5.

Huh?!

Tornado: Leaving this elite skill now removes the stability it grants in order to make it consistent with other elite transformation abilities.

Wha?!!!

Vapor Form: Fixed a bug that allowed this skill to contest a capture point.

Mmmmk

Flame Axe: This weapon now grants the wielder power and condition damage.
Frost Bow: This weapon now grants the wielder increased condition duration and increased healing power.
Fiery Greatsword: This weapon now grants the wielder power and condition damage.
Magnetic Shield: This weapon now grants the wielder vitality and toughness.
Lightning Hammer: This weapon now grants the wielder increased precision and critical damage.

YEEEESSSSSS!!!!!

Now, Allow us to swap on demand!!

point 1. both skills are still bugged.

point 2. they have now removed blast finishers completely from evasive arcana.

point 3. Dragons tooth now no longer provides a blast finisher at all.

point 4. Mist form is still bugged.

conjure weapons are still too weak and not worth using at all in PvP and only in certain situations in PvE.

If you honestly believe this was a “good Job” then you are truly the deluded troll people say you are.

Patch notes

in Elementalist

Posted by: ATMAvatar.5749

ATMAvatar.5749

I fully expected a fix to the fact that you could blast on every dodge irrespective of the 10 second ICD, but removing them entirely eliminates an entire playstyle. It was fun hopping around in my asura during dungeon runs.

Patch notes

in Elementalist

Posted by: Femanon.4028

Femanon.4028

Just logged in to test RTL and magnetic grasp. They still stun you a lot of the time. Didn’t test if they improved on RTL pathfinding when charging players who change direction.

I’ve heard you no longer get traited bonuses (like fury, swiftness, protection) for auras you gain from combos? Is that true?

EDIT: I’ve just tested it, and indeed you don’t get bonuses from a fire aura you create by leaping through a fire field.

[TUP] Femanon – Elementalist – http://www.youtube.com/user/deadai

(edited by Femanon.4028)

Patch notes

in Elementalist

Posted by: nvmvoidrays.2158

nvmvoidrays.2158

i’m just going to stay off the forums for a month until people can actually discuss and act rationally.

Patch notes

in Elementalist

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

Well, that is your issue. I use it to give chaos armour to everybody and that useless retaliation from the mage has saved my party in dungeons often enough. But your preference or mine doesn’t matter, rally, it’s still a buff.

I’d rather just use staff for support…or shatters. It’s certainly underwhelming compared to other off-hands. Period.

Oh, sorry bout that, didn’t feel like checking names and went with the more general approach.
The 6th reply in this very topic mentions that the fix didn’t work. Which is what I meant with not reading. You know that picture of the black guy shouting “Read the * topic before you ** post”? That just came to mind when I saw the YAY. And the “eventually” is what bothers most people. It’s mostly the disappointment, I think. People read the notes and expected 60s cd, they logged in and tooltip said 60s cd. And then…75s cd….

Well, if you couldn’t tell, I’m playing the game as I read the topics and notes. I’m actually playtesting the changes instead of just moaning about them. I’m also the one that posted the info for conjures for the person that asked, making the comments about longer lasting Frost Armor (I’d have sworn it only lasted 3-4 seconds but that could just be the graphics being buggy and not often appearing or lasting their full duration) and the delay I’m seeing with Soothing Mist (which I’m really hoping is just buggy on my character ATM).

Patch notes

in Elementalist

Posted by: boozer.7815

boozer.7815

Troll?.. No. Deluded is an opinion, and your view of this patch I think is wrong. Anet fixing bugs and buffing Conjured Weapons is definitely worth some recognition and a “good job” post.

Was it enough of a buff for Conjured Weapons? Heck NO! But its a baby step in the right direction. Until they give us swaps on demand CW’s will always be too cumbersome to use in a PvP build.

As others have stated, Evasive Arcana popping a finisher at every dodge roll was OP as all get out and was being exploited. It needed the nerf, in my opinion and in other peoples opinion as well. Obviously, ANET agreed with that!!

Did they try to fix RTL?.. Well, yes!

Go take your negativity elsewhere, or better yet, if you think these things are still broken after the patch, REPORT THEM as bugs with some data to back up your claim!

(edited by boozer.7815)

Patch notes

in Elementalist

Posted by: Druitt.7629

Druitt.7629

Someone was ragging on the new blast of Dragon’s Tooth, but it now works more intuitively, and lets you drop a Dragon’s Tooth over your group’s target and insert a water field under it to AoE heal.

I guess that you can’t use it on yourself anymore to stack some Might, but it always was a little strange that the blast occurred at you instead of where an enormous tooth fell and exploded.

Patch notes

in Elementalist

Posted by: Navzar.2938

Navzar.2938

Someone was ragging on the new blast of Dragon’s Tooth, but it now works more intuitively, and lets you drop a Dragon’s Tooth over your group’s target and insert a water field under it to AoE heal.

I guess that you can’t use it on yourself anymore to stack some Might, but it always was a little strange that the blast occurred at you instead of where an enormous tooth fell and exploded.

You don’t have access to any water fields if you’re using a scepter. You’re party members will most likely not care enough to put a field there ,or just not think of it at all. You can still use it on yourself since you’ll probably close for the fire grab anyway.

Patch notes

in Elementalist

Posted by: Otaur.9268

Otaur.9268

It could have been much worse. They fixed bugs and incongruencies where skills weren’t doing what they were supposed to. Whine more please.

RTL and Magnetic Grasp are still broken Post Patch. 4 seconds floating in air in front of target with Magnetic Grasp, RTL completely locked my char in place during sPvP wouldn’t even allow me to use Way point to get unstuck, couldnt move or dodge…

So no, they didn’t fix the bugs where skills weren’t doing what they were supposed to. But thanks for providing a post to the thread!

@boozer And yes these have been reported.

Blackfang’s Demon Alliance [BfDA]

(edited by Otaur.9268)

Patch notes

in Elementalist

Posted by: Heimlich.3065

Heimlich.3065

They completely removed the finisher from Dragon’s Tooth, they didn’t move it.

Patch notes

in Elementalist

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

Just logged in to test RTL and magnetic grasp. They still stun you a lot of the time. Didn’t test if they improved on RTL pathfinding when charging players who change direction.

I’ve heard you no longer get traited bonuses (like fury, swiftness, protection) for auras you gain from combos? Is that true?

EDIT: I’ve just tested it, and indeed you don’t get bonuses from a fire aura you create by leaping through a fire field.

Believe some people have said that its a bug with Magnetic Grasp not correctly acting as a combo finisher (shows the finisher text but doesn’t give the actual bonus), not combo field auras. Said they tested it with Eruption + Frost field and it worked fine and correctly gave traited boons, just not Magnetic Grasp’s fire aura. Seems plausible to me, since it seems many of the skills they changed get bugged in the process and they did change Magnetic Grasp. Like how they bugged Dragon’s Tooth to have no finisher at all instead of properly moving it to the drop location.

Patch notes

in Elementalist

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

Evasive Arcana was broken in every regard. If the original tooltip is representative of the intended function, the only blast finisher it should ever have had was on an earth dodge. Stop crying because they fixed your ability to dodge for free finishers at every opportunity.

Totally disagree. The thing is, even if it was unintentional, then ArenaNet just stumbled on a whole new way to play an MMO caster. It was a fun, risky and skill-requiring way to play the game, and the rewards you got for it were slightly above reasonable.

But instead of altering things slightly to the point where it’s not overpowered, they just removed it from the game. And that’s what I’m upset about. Not having a blast finisher on every roll is fine. Mandatory even. But having none at all just destroyed a very fun playstyle. Why destroy fun when you can rebalance it?

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

Patch notes

in Elementalist

Posted by: soraky.7418

soraky.7418

Just played a good amount of WvWvW, didn’t glitch out once with RTL and Magnetic Grasp. From what I can tell, it worked.