Patch tomorrow?

Patch tomorrow?

in Elementalist

Posted by: DaedalusDragon.3754

DaedalusDragon.3754

I remember seeing that there will be a patch tomorrow (October 1st) and I was wondering if anybody knew what would be in it. I know they will be fixing dungeon stuff but is there any plan to finally throw in some elementalist changes? I know they said that they wanted to take their time but the game has been out for more than a month now and these are very necessary changes.

Patch tomorrow?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Sebulon.7683

Sebulon.7683

The only thing I pray every night is that Ride the Lightning gets fixed. Please Anet, I’m not asking much, I don’t even need anything else! It’s the most essential spell and yet it’s also the spell that gets me killed when it stuns me for 2-4 seconds. It’s also supposed to be homing, the tooltip doesn’t say “predict the movement of your foe and stun yourself on that location if the foe actually changes direction”.

Patch tomorrow?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Anlyon.8375

Anlyon.8375

Nope, no-one knows for sure, and if they did post it, it’d be edited asap, and they’d likely have their account banned.

Ele changes? hopefully some bug fixes would be nice!

You have nothing to fear but Fear itself

Patch tomorrow?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Vaerah.4907

Vaerah.4907

Actually I have similar issues with RTL but with the pull-to-target earth spell.

Also, I noticed that if I go “grand piano” mode, the skills begin to lag behind the button presses so much that I see them done the next second.

Patch tomorrow?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Fishbait.6723

Fishbait.6723

RTL fix?
Magnetic Grasp?
Signet of Fire range?
Weapon Swap?

crosses fingers
prepares to make none Ele` alt ;p

“We want you to play the game, not the UI” Arenanet.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Top-right-GO-away/first#post2096524
Rocking Wizard Wars until this mess of a game is fixed…

Patch tomorrow?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ukaei.8694

Ukaei.8694

I really hope they add weapon swap to Elementalist.. I think all classes can go from full mele to full range. Heck.. even Warriors can do it and they are the epitome of MELE.

Elementalist need weapon switch.

When I’m Dagger/Dagger and I need distance.. I’m practically screwed.

Patch tomorrow?

in Elementalist

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

Isn’t that what conjure weapons are for? They just need to be more polished. No way we’ll ever get 40 skills without conjures.

Patch tomorrow?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Xhaiden.3891

Xhaiden.3891

There better be SOMETHING in it. The state of the class balance in spvp is utterly embarrassing at this point.

Patch tomorrow?

in Elementalist

DiogoSilva.7089

Honestly, I wouldn’t be surprised with some nerfs for other classes, but I don’t think we’ll start getting buffs this early. The devs are still fixing bugs while waiting for the meta to estabilish before making big changes, and the elementalists feel like they need something big (as in, changes to a lot of things).

Patch tomorrow?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Gelrod.1295

Gelrod.1295

There better be SOMETHING in it. The state of the class balance in spvp is utterly embarrassing at this point.

No it isn’t.

Patch tomorrow?

in Elementalist

Fishbait.6723

Almost forgot, downed state made semi less useless ;p

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Top-right-GO-away/first#post2096524

Patch tomorrow?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wulfrim.4793

Wulfrim.4793

So its October first, where is this patch you were speaking of?
Honestly the only patch they need is not for the game, but the forums. They need to patch the rules and make it against the rules to moan and complain when the class isn’t exactly the way you want it and only accept positive feedback and useful posts.

Kara Bune – Elementalist 80 – Tarnished Coast
Katniss Shade – Necromancer 80 – sPvp rank – 29
Emma Wolfsbane – Thief 80 – Looking for Guild

Patch tomorrow?

in Elementalist

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

Well you should think at what you ask because its exactly dictatorship’s manifesto

Also negative feedback are often useful to find problems while positive are just good to boost morale…

Also you are complaining about complainers >.<……
Btw patch ETA is not expired yet…if i recall correctly…

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Patch tomorrow?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wulfrim.4793

Wulfrim.4793

Yeah 100 posts saying elementalist is underpowered to poor players and the whole class needs reworked and there are hundreds of bugs and QQ QQ QQ QQ is really benefiting anyone. At least in dictator mode this forum would be more interesting.

Kara Bune – Elementalist 80 – Tarnished Coast
Katniss Shade – Necromancer 80 – sPvp rank – 29
Emma Wolfsbane – Thief 80 – Looking for Guild

Patch tomorrow?

in Elementalist

Posted by: GankSinatra.2653

GankSinatra.2653

and only accept positive feedback

God im glad you’re not a developer.

Patch tomorrow?

in Elementalist

DiogoSilva.7089

Complaining posts are always a bit repetitive, but that shows how many people are affected by the same things. It should make it easier to identify the main problems, imo.

The weekly monday patches has been usually up at 0.00 am PDT, that makes it about 7-8-9 am tomorrow for europe. I suppose the same will happen here.

Patch tomorrow?

in Elementalist

Posted by: deek.6520

deek.6520

and only accept positive feedback

God im glad you’re not a developer.

Don’t worry with that mindset he won’t ever get into a position of any real authority lol

They set up these forums to get user feedback to fix problems to keep current users as future customers because when the next expansion or game comes along a big factor in that purchase will be how they treated customers on their previous purchase

Patch tomorrow?

in Elementalist

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

I really hope they add weapon swap to Elementalist.. I think all classes can go from full mele to full range. Heck.. even Warriors can do it and they are the epitome of MELE.

Elementalist need weapon switch.

When I’m Dagger/Dagger and I need distance.. I’m practically screwed.

they are not gonna ever add weapon swap and quite frankittenhey don’t need it. except for damage, comparing classes is pointless since each class has it’s own mechanics in theory. But honestly adding weapon swap will make the class OP a LOT, unless all the skills are redesigned to take into account having 2 weapons.

Also if you are in D/D and u need distance disengage, we have a lot of cap closers which can be used to escape combat. There is nothing wrong with picking your fights, that is part of being a good player.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

Patch tomorrow?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Bsquared.3421

Bsquared.3421

Also if you are in D/D and u need distance disengage, we have a lot of cap closers which can be used to escape combat. There is nothing wrong with picking your fights, that is part of being a good player.

^this.
Playing D/D and need distance? Unselect target, turn 180, ride the lightning. Viola, you’re at 1200 range…

Nerfedname – Elementalist
Legion of Anvil Rock [XXIV] – Anvil Rock

Patch tomorrow?

in Elementalist

Fishbait.6723

& what about when you`ve been using staff to heal others, throw sparkles on top of walls etc?
You`re then stuck in combat (usually for a silly amount of time after you`ve stopped casting/being hit).
Staff is no good against a player.
Also most of staff damage is way lower then D/D etc & cast times et al, don`t envisage that being OP in any form.

Patch tomorrow?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Royal Assassin.7290

Royal Assassin.7290

^this.
Playing D/D and need distance? Unselect target, turn 180, ride the lightning. Viola, you’re at 1200 range…

If you are within 300 range from your opponent, you wont ride away, you will run into him instead.

Patch tomorrow?

in Elementalist

Posted by: SixMachine.4670

SixMachine.4670

People who use RTL will have autotargeting off because you can then point in the direction you want to escape once you untarget. Which is definitely useful even in pve for traveling purposes and escape purpose in pvp.

Patch tomorrow?

in Elementalist

Posted by: ZaneStriker.2836

ZaneStriker.2836

^this.

If you are within 300 range from your opponent, you wont ride away, you will run into him instead.

Dude, turn Auto-target it off. It’s as bad as using Auto-attack, imo. Just begging to aggro everything and RTL into baddies.

For the rest of this thread, I don’t see the ele has having balance issues so much as a few glaringly broken mechanics that one would hope to have fixed within 3 months of launch. So there’s still a couple of months to go.

DiE
Blackgate