Played your elementalist

Played your elementalist

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nearo.4935

Nearo.4935

After creating 2 elementalist getting to lvl 80 on both/im going back to WoW till yall work out your game mechanic’s better.

even my wife agree’s she should not be able to best someone with her lack of knowledge of the game and thier clearly superior knowledge of the game and it’s mechanic’s ie ranger vs elementalist 100% pve player fighting someone who is a 100% pvp player.

Everyone playing mage.go lan up and play island of the mist late at night with someone who dosent play video games and set them up with a ranger and go fight them.I think only then people will realize how badly they made the mage.

Played your elementalist

in Elementalist

Posted by: Haette.2701

Haette.2701

im going back to WoW

how badly they made the mage

WoW

mage

Guild Wars 2

I think I found your problem.

Played your elementalist

in Elementalist

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

Hehe, yeah. The main ‘problem’ with the elementalist is that it’s not a classical mage. Instead, you got an attunement-dancing combo-field supplying swiss armyknife. Nuking from range is only a small part of what they can do.

In terms of WoW, I’d say they’re more akin to the shaman and druid than the mage.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

Played your elementalist

in Elementalist

Posted by: LordXy.4278

LordXy.4278

the only problem with elementalist currently is that it isn’t something a noob can use, you have to study it deeply in order to use it effectively, if you give up because you cannot fully utilize your elementalist that only means your level of understanding is much shallower than those who can use it quit effectively.

I actually agree with you that you should go back to games wherein the mage play style is really really easy and requires little to no thinking at all when playing.

Played your elementalist

in Elementalist

Posted by: Azrayne.2983

Azrayne.2983

the only problem with elementalist currently is that it isn’t something a noob can use, you have to study it deeply in order to use it effectively, if you give up because you cannot fully utilize your elementalist that only means your level of understanding is much shallower than those who can use it quit effectively.

I actually agree with you that you should go back to games wherein the mage play style is really really easy and requires little to no thinking at all when playing.

Going to disagree with you there, while the class definitely does have a rather high skill ceiling, that’s far from it’s sole issue. Even an excellently played elementalist will find themselves working much harder to achieve less result than, say, an equally well played warrior or thief, or even a mesmer or guardian. There’s nothing wrong with a challenging class, as long as the challenge pays off, but with the elementalist, it doesn’t.

Played your elementalist

in Elementalist

Posted by: Azrael.1408

Azrael.1408

There are some changes needed but people are exaggerating. Some skills and traits need tweaking, maybe some more base HP and base raw damage but that’s it. Certainly we do not need the WoW mage style where you can map half of your skills to a macro and be successful.

In my opinion, most of the players problems come from the fact that you need to use the synergy between skills and CC effectively. And also because they look at PvP as solo mode instead of team play. No class beats a good team.

It is not a classic mage but this is why I like GW2.

I’d say something is wrong with a class if you can succeed with totally blunt tactics

P.S. OP raised 2 eles to lv 80 and does not like them. Either a troll or a very sad person…
P.P.S. Generally WoW dedicated players would not like GW2 mechanics and this is why I like GW even more. Maybe it is only me but this is the only MMO I would play.

(edited by Azrael.1408)

Played your elementalist

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kuthos.9623

Kuthos.9623

You lost to someone who only pve’s? I’m sorry, but if that’s the case then the problem lies on your end, not the class.

Elementalist still needs some fixes but as the above person said, smells more like a troll or a reaaaaaally bad player.

Played your elementalist

in Elementalist

Posted by: TheBob.9863

TheBob.9863

Going to disagree with you there, while the class definitely does have a rather high skill ceiling, that’s far from it’s sole issue. Even an excellently played elementalist will find themselves working much harder to achieve less result than, say, an equally well played warrior or thief, or even a mesmer or guardian. There’s nothing wrong with a challenging class, as long as the challenge pays off, but with the elementalist, it doesn’t.

I disagree with you completely, all you have to do is watch a stream of a competitive player playing an elementalist and realize how strong an ele is in the right hands

Played your elementalist

in Elementalist

Posted by: Curring.9752

Curring.9752

So you don’t like the Ele, great. Why not choose a different class or go back to WoW instead of coming to the forums whining because you don’t know how to play. Ele is the hardest class to learn, though it isn’t exactly that hard to learn….

In the greater blob of things, there is only the zerg.
Kittens, Kittens everywhere!

Played your elementalist

in Elementalist

Posted by: Suctum.6912

Suctum.6912

If you don,t like PvP, why are you Pvping? Just because you chose a caster does not make it an insta-win class. I like how GW2 ups the skill level with the Elementalist, you have to plan out your attunement swaps and abilities rather than spam 2 or 3 spells and keyboard turn your way to 30 kills. GW2 does not reward bad players by crutching on gear dependency like WoW, or on the backs of other players like Age of Conan. Here, if more than one person does not contribute to actually doing something in a mini, your not only almost certain to lose, but you don’t get kitten for what little you did either.

If you enjoy gear-based keyboard turning macros, by all means go back to WoW. The only thing GW2 and WoW have in common is the somewhat WoWish Char and Asura, and no collision. That’s about it.

(edited by Suctum.6912)

Played your elementalist

in Elementalist

Posted by: Azrayne.2983

Azrayne.2983

I disagree with you completely, all you have to do is watch a stream of a competitive player playing an elementalist and realize how strong an ele is in the right hands

Yes, a skilled player, when backed up by a skilled group in the right situation, can make the class work, but the fact remains that outside of very specifics roles/situations/specs (AOEing from behind a zerg/wall, bunker staff in SPVP), we work much harder for less surviveability and less damage than many other classes. Not to mention the array of bugs and many weak/useless/broken abilities (how many other classes do you think sit there wishing they could use their elite slot to fit in a 4th skill because all of their elites are so terrible?).

This isn’t a black and white issue, nobody is saying that the class is absolutely and totally 100% useless 100% of the time, but the reality is that there are a whole pile of areas in which it needs to substantially improved before it’s on par with the other more balanced classes within the game.

(edited by Azrayne.2983)

Played your elementalist

in Elementalist

Kuthos.9623

I still think it’s funny how he lost to his wife who only pves. That says something right there about your ability to pvp. If you have too many buttons to push on elementalist you could always try your hand at facerolling on a warrior. I hear they only need like 3 buttons….

Played your elementalist

in Elementalist

Posted by: TheBob.9863

TheBob.9863

Yes, a skilled player, when backed up by a skilled group in the right situation, can make the class work, but the fact remains that outside of very specifics roles/situations/specs (AOEing from behind a zerg/wall, bunker staff in SPVP), we work much harder for less surviveability and less damage than many other classes. Not to mention the array of bugs and many weak/useless/broken abilities (how many other classes do you think sit there wishing they could use their elite slot to fit in a 4th skill because all of their elites are so terrible?).

This isn’t a black and white issue, nobody is saying that the class is absolutely and totally 100% useless 100% of the time, but the reality is that there are a whole pile of areas in which it needs to substantially improved before it’s on par with the other more balanced classes within the game.

So why do the top competitors say that they would always take an ele over a thief if a thief can perform better? Paradigm never plays thief, guess they only want to play the weak classes like Elementalist …lol

Played your elementalist

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kilger.5490

Kilger.5490

Sorry spamming one key ftw doesnt work. Maybe change class? Better yet, forget it, Wow has pandas now I hear.

Kilger – Human Ranger
alts: Fangyre (Necro), Hardrawk (Ele);
Jade Quarry

Played your elementalist

in Elementalist

Posted by: Albane.8367

Albane.8367

You level 2 elementalist to 80 to learn that you don’t like them in PvP? Any intelligent person would have learned what they liked or didn’t like by level 20, with the ability to go to HoM at level 7.

Elementalist is a very powerful class, but they are not an easy class. The part where you said you lost to a bad ranger, tells me you are not a good gamer.

Played your elementalist

in Elementalist

Posted by: Xriah.5743

Xriah.5743

Look at Nearo’s other messages. He’s spammed a similar message before. Just ignore him. He clearly doesn’t know how to play.

Played your elementalist

in Elementalist

Posted by: Minion of Vey.4398

Minion of Vey.4398

While elementalists need work, it’d be really hard for me to switch from them now. Playing other classes (including engineer) is a complete snoozefest compared to gameplay as an ele. It feels “right” playing them.

I still wish it had been my first 80.

Played your elementalist

in Elementalist

Kuthos.9623

^ This, I wish other classes were as complex as the elementalist. I find it hard trying to play an alt just because the other classes are pretty boring compared to ele.

Played your elementalist

in Elementalist

Posted by: Voltaire.5289

Voltaire.5289

I still think it’s funny how he lost to his wife who only pves. That says something right there about your ability to pvp. If you have too many buttons to push on elementalist you could always try your hand at facerolling on a warrior. I hear they only need like 3 buttons….

XD
that just cracked me up. I hear they only need like 3 buttons… kitten #8230;
I’m using all my fingers and occassional clicking erratically from time to time.
After I get to lvl 80 and some more, maybe I’ll try out warriors.

Played your elementalist

in Elementalist

Posted by: scerevisiae.1972

scerevisiae.1972

OP is probably a troll, but he does have a point – in GW1, Ele was a damage-focused profession, just like the mage archetype of every other fantasy MMO in existence.

GW2 Ele is not a damage dealer in its current form, it’s a support/dps hybrid, so I don’t really blame anyone for being disappointed.

Even a AP-POM-pyro mage in WOW does a ton more damage than power/precision Ele while also being a lot more survivable. So something is off.

downed state is bad for PVP

(edited by scerevisiae.1972)

Played your elementalist

in Elementalist

Posted by: zombyturtle.5980

zombyturtle.5980

Issue is, most other classes, especially thief and warrior can achieve the same or similar levels of strength without being a ‘pro’. Professional players will obviously have the advantage, but regular players with an average level of competency may strugle playing an elementalist in competitive PVP.

While I have no problem with a class being more difficult, and I love the challenge of an elementalist, it seems a shame really that only the very elite players can achieve full potential of an ele.

A simple damage boost would do wonders for the class. I thought people were overreacting until I created a thief…now my god how weak we seem.

Played your elementalist

in Elementalist

Posted by: kubetz.3058

kubetz.3058

While I have no problem with a class being more difficult, and I love the challenge of an elementalist, it seems a shame really that only the very elite players can achieve full potential of an ele.

A simple damage boost would do wonders for the class. I thought people were overreacting until I created a thief…now my god how weak we seem.

I agree, but the problem is that Anet is balancing around top players in tPvP. If they boost the damage then high-level players may make the elementalists look overpowered because of the flexibility and high damage at the same time. I think that is the reason why Anet is pretty carefull with the damage changes even if for us it seems quite obvious that we could use some extra pew-pew.

Yes, thiefs are stronger in the damage area (esp. frontload damage), but are lot more offensive focused. I have level 80 thief myself and sometimes I switch to him if I want to see some big numbers, but I like the flexibility of an elementalist and the playstyle more.

Played your elementalist

in Elementalist

Posted by: DesertRose.2031

DesertRose.2031

OP is probably a troll, but he does have a point – in GW1, Ele was a damage-focused profession, just like the mage archetype of every other fantasy MMO in existence.

If your definition of “damage-focused” is “dealing absolutely pathetic damage against level 20+ foes” maybe, but then you certainly have to call the GW2 Ele damage-focused because by comparison it deals much more damage than its GW1 counterpart.

Played your elementalist

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ukaei.8694

Ukaei.8694

Clearly it wasn’t meant to be a Mage..

I just want a classical Mage class.

Arenanet pls.

Played your elementalist

in Elementalist

Posted by: zombyturtle.5980

zombyturtle.5980

I agree, but the problem is that Anet is balancing around top players in tPvP. If they boost the damage then high-level players may make the elementalists look overpowered because of the flexibility and high damage at the same time. I think that is the reason why Anet is pretty carefull with the damage changes even if for us it seems quite obvious that we could use some extra pew-pew

Good point and one I didn’t consider. Only argument is that one of guild wars key selling points is its ability to PVP right from the beginning. Obviously some basic knowledge is necessary but its what drew me and my friends to the game originally, the ability to PVP without having to master a class through hours and hours of practice and leveling.

It just seems contrary to the games design to have a class that is weak for an average gamer, and overpowered for an elitist. Maybe I should have chosen an easier class but everything else feels like..cheating lol

Played your elementalist

in Elementalist

Posted by: Daharahj.1325

Daharahj.1325

I have too leveled 2 eles to 80, only because I wanted to play different races/story and eles are the only class I find fun to play.

However I disagree with the OP, they are harder too play but are also more rewarding in the sense that you get damage and cc if played properly, while other classes get only dps.

The issue right now is that you can’t get away with building full glass cannon, as far as PvP is concerned, you’re not gonna get far with it. Compared to a thief who can just 3shot someone and vanish in stealth.

(edited by Daharahj.1325)

Played your elementalist

in Elementalist

Posted by: bodhy.9107

bodhy.9107

I don’t care about PvP !Elementalists are seriously under in pve they die way to easy and don’t have any slowdowns or push back like other classes do!

Played your elementalist

in Elementalist

Posted by: bodhy.9107

bodhy.9107

Well LordXy ANY class should be playable by ANY type of player if that aint so there’s something wrong with the class not with players! I played all classes and they all work fine but elementalist and to answer another post changing class entirely is possible!
All it takes is some effort from development.

Played your elementalist

in Elementalist

Posted by: LordXy.4278

LordXy.4278

I disagree with you bodhy, Elementalist can be played by any type of player it just takes more time learning them. I played all the classes as well, but for me it’s really fun to play an elementalist and I also think majority of the population of my server also feels this way. In wvwvw eles are pretty much everywhere. So I think elementalists are pretty okay as of now. I mean sure we are squishy and deal less damage from other classes, but when behind a wall, we aoe likes bosses. There’s no other classes better than destroying sieges on top of the wall than an elementalist.

You guys are just crying because you can’t play well with an elementalist. Either you guys can’t read skill descriptions or can’t read the forums on how to play them well or you guys are just really sloooooooooooow in learning a very versatile class.

Besides I do not know why they keep on making these threads, no one is really forcing you to play an elem, if you can’t play an elem right, you have the freedom to roll on a more easier class to play like thieves and warriors.

Played your elementalist

in Elementalist

Posted by: kubetz.3058

kubetz.3058

I don’t care about PvP !Elementalists are seriously under in pve they die way to easy and don’t have any slowdowns or push back like other classes do!

Not sure what do you mean by “slowdowns” and “push back” but we have cripple, chill and immobilize available. We also have knockback, knockdown and blowout (launch) at our disposal.

I don’t have issues with survivability in PvE. As a non-glass cannon D/D I can survive a lot and when I’m playing with staff I’m keeping my distance and utilizing defensive utility skills.

Played your elementalist

in Elementalist

Posted by: Navzar.2938

Navzar.2938

So why do the top competitors say that they would always take an ele over a thief if a thief can perform better? Paradigm never plays thief, guess they only want to play the weak classes like Elementalist …lol

He just told you why, for the specific role they work really well in.