Playing an Ele and a Mesmer

in Elementalist

Posted by: WilnerGW.3275

WilnerGW.3275

I think your style of game very fun. But I’m having some difficulties. Compared mesmers, is much harder to play elementarist. Staying alternating between the 4 elements, know the right time to use each spell.

Would you like to ouir opinion of you, it really is hard to play the elementarist compared with mesmer, and you think it is a class that can be very strong play properly?

in Elementalist

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

Given that I can do just about anything with my staff elementalist, including tPvP, I’d say they’re potentially very powerful. However, it did take me about half a year to actually learn how to play them well.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

in Elementalist

Posted by: maeggle.6021

maeggle.6021

Some mesmer builds are very efficient and easy to play while providing the player with some room for mistakes (invulnerability, evade and block skills on short cooldowns, stealth and stealth plus the Prismatic Understanding trait, teleports and clones).

There are some ele builds which may also be used to trash mobs fast or to faceroll inexperienced players, but overall the mechanics don’t provide a huge margin for errors because of the lack of effective active defense on offensive weapon sets, as well as high cooldowns on utilities which are slotted to compensate for this very reason.

Elementalists aren’t in a bad spot, can dish out some heavy numbers and survive nuclear wars (even after all the nerfs we received), but we’re also easy prey once CC’d and prone to condition bombing. Mesmers have more ways to avoid any of that passively by sacrificing a clone or two, or by blowing a skill on short cooldown.

At least it’s way easier to play a mesmer with an offensive spec than an ele since the active defense part on mesmer is easier to learn than it is on ele, I guess…

Kodash [DE] – Ninja Nurse Rescue Squad [care] – Elementalist
A landing you can walk away from just wasn’t fast enough.

in Elementalist

Posted by: WilnerGW.3275

WilnerGW.3275

Thank you guys for the answers!

So i guess, its better for a new GW2 player like me, play a mesmer than wasting my time on an Ele, right?

in Elementalist

Posted by: zencow.3651

zencow.3651

Depends on whether you’re willing to invest the time into it. Eles CAN be very strong if you understand yourself and every other class but until then expect many deaths.

Quasi-elitist dungeoneer and missing Gw1 GvGs greatly.
“GW2’s PvE is almost as bad as the PvP.”

in Elementalist

Posted by: maeggle.6021

maeggle.6021

So i guess, its better for a new GW2 player like me, play a mesmer than wasting my time on an Ele, right?

Mesmer can be easy mode. If you want to go that way, just choose warrior instead because they are even easier to play.

If you do well on ele nowadays, you probably have a pretty good understanding of game mechanics and all the other classes (speaking about WvW small- and mid-scale combat) and will do fine on every other class because you know stuff many others don’t “need” to bother with.

Kodash [DE] – Ninja Nurse Rescue Squad [care] – Elementalist
A landing you can walk away from just wasn’t fast enough.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mochann.5298

Mochann.5298

I think your style of game very fun. But I’m having some difficulties. Compared mesmers, is much harder to play elementarist. Staying alternating between the 4 elements, know the right time to use each spell.

Would you like to ouir opinion of you, it really is hard to play the elementarist compared with mesmer, and you think it is a class that can be very strong play properly?

Mesmer is a LOT easier to play compared to Ele. I have both, and have played both extensively. Ele is my Main, Mesmer is my second most used character.

#ELEtism on Eredon Terrace

in Elementalist

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

Mesmer is a LOT easier to play compared to Ele. I have both, and have played both extensively. Ele is my Main, Mesmer is my second most used character.

But which one is more fun?

I’m guessing that your ele is more fun, given that it’s your main.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.