Please Revert Arcane Wave

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nova Stiker.8396

Nova Stiker.8396

Ground Targeting? REALLY?! What is the freaking point?!

I don’t understand the reasoning behind it, I really don’t. It was a useless buff to an already useful skill, why make it stronger?
You can now use it with focus and staff. I understand that.

What I don’t understand-
But what about Arcane Blast?
Why not buff Arcane Blast and leave Arcane Wave the same?!

Why buff a skill already used a lot and not one that is almost never used?

There are 3 VERY viable solutions to this. That won’t kitten any players off.

• Get rid of the Ground Targeting on Arcane Wave, give Arcane Blast a BLAST finisher.
  • Add ground targeting to a trait like Arcane Retribution.
    Arcane Retribution: Gain Arcane Power when your health drops below the threshold. Arcane Wave now uses ground targeting.
  • Make Arcane Brilliance ground targeting and Arcane Wave not.

(edited by Nova Stiker.8396)

in Elementalist

Posted by: CuRtoKy.8576

CuRtoKy.8576

Because they wanted to make it different from Arcane brilliance which works the same way except it does less damage and heals.

Arcane Blast is different to the heal skill than Arcane Wave. Plus Arcane Blast is like 1500 range.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nabuko Darayon.9645

Nabuko Darayon.9645

Arcane Wave is DA BOMB NOW :P

~ King Arian and Isabella of [EG] ~

in Elementalist

Nova Stiker.8396

Because they wanted to make it different from Arcane brilliance which works the same way except it does less damage and heals.

I guess this is the reason.

I’ll add that to the list of ArenaNets terrible game design choices-
Two skills too similar? CHANGE IT can’t have it similar skills and completely ignore the fact 1/5th of all traits in Guild Wars 2 are deal X% more damage.

I’ll add that near the top of the list, right next to, ArenaNet logic: Ride the Lightning to effective on a single PvP map? Nerf it everywhere!

in Elementalist

Posted by: biofrog.1568

biofrog.1568

earth attune + trait + arcane wave gives a glorious area effect immobilise now

Also, I noticed fire ring + arcane brilliance + arcane wave gives a looot of stack mights.. neat having two instant blast finishers on hand.

“There’s no lag but what we make.” – biofrog

in Elementalist

Nova Stiker.8396

Also, I noticed fire ring + arcane brilliance + arcane wave gives a looot of stack mights.. neat having two instant blast finishers on hand.

I’m not denying it’s good.
I’m just saying by buff a skill used often when you have other utility skills that are never used?

I really want the reason behind this…

in Elementalist

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

Is Arcane Blast not used or you never used it? LightningBlaze stated that he wills stick with Blast over wave even after the change to wave. S/D ele’s I think are pretty fond of blast. Also Wave = AOE for the same damage as Blast with a finisher + now with range.

Blast = 1500 range single target projectile finisher BUT with only 20s cd not traited.

They are pretty different and I feel like wave is much better sure you have to aim it now but it shouldn’t be that big of a deal.

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

in Elementalist

Posted by: Chasind.3128

Chasind.3128

I’m loving arcane wave

in Elementalist

Posted by: GreenAlien.5623

GreenAlien.5623

Soo… i am forced to use the new heal skill now because Arcane Wave targeting takes too much time to be any use for combo fields ? great -.-

Also, seeing as i have to take time to target now, it cant be used to tag fast dieing enemies anymore, meaning not only is my effectiveness diminished, but also my income -____-

(edited by GreenAlien.5623)

in Elementalist

oZii.2864

Soo… i am forced to use the new heal skill now because Arcane Wave targeting takes too much time to be any use for combo fields ? great -.-

Also, seeing as i have to take time to target now, it cant be used to tag fast dieing enemies anymore, meaning not only is my effectiveness diminished, but also my income -____-

Just take ground targeting when you release a button and it should pop instant. Its a extra step but it should still function the same. Not like they can see it coming.

{Thief}

in Elementalist

Posted by: MaXi.3642

MaXi.3642

I’m loving arcane wave

same here ranged attack, ranged blast finisher, still no cast time, nice change

in Elementalist

Posted by: gandlethorpe.2641

gandlethorpe.2641

It’s almost unusable underwater because it’s still ground targeted, hah.

In before “lol underwater balance”

in Elementalist

Posted by: OneManArmy.9732

OneManArmy.9732

arcane wave now better than was. seems like they nerf ele to compensate this “insane” buff. gimme my cleansing wave back to adept!

in Elementalist

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

Use fast cast if it’s taking too long to arcane wave

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nyxion.9142

Nyxion.9142

I play D/D to not use any ground targeting, however with scepter it makes more sense. ANet, Is it possible to change targeting so it depends on main hand weapon?

Good luck aiming for Burning Speed combo field.

(edited by Nyxion.9142)

in Elementalist

oZii.2864

I play D/D to not use any ground targeting, however with scepter it makes more sense. ANet, Is it possible to change targeting so it depends on main hand weapon?

You just have to hit the field with wave and it should give you the might. I just messed around with it quickly and no fast cast was able to give myself the might mid burning. You do have to am it a little behind you though.

{Thief}

in Elementalist

Nova Stiker.8396

Why couldn’t this change be a trait?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Taldren.7523

Taldren.7523

You just have to hit the field with wave and it should give you the might. I just messed around with it quickly and no fast cast was able to give myself the might mid burning. You do have to am it a little behind you though.

It completely screws up all my combos … such as Burning Speed → Lighting Flash → Arcane Wave →Fire Grab

There is no time to retarget the Arcane Wave after the Lightning Flash.

80 Elementalist (RotV), 80 Mesmer (RotV)
80 Necromancer (IRNY), 80 Guardian (IRNY)
GW2: it’s like DAoC, but for the WoW crowd.

in Elementalist

Posted by: reikken.4961

reikken.4961

bah, this means I can’t stealth underwater anymore

in Elementalist

Nyxion.9142

Maybe there should be PBAoE option, like “casts aoe abilities on current target”. It may sound to easy, but it will definitely help playing d/d. I wish we had wow’s macros :/

in Elementalist

Posted by: Taldren.7523

Taldren.7523

1s immobilize is hardly glorious.

80 Elementalist (RotV), 80 Mesmer (RotV)
80 Necromancer (IRNY), 80 Guardian (IRNY)
GW2: it’s like DAoC, but for the WoW crowd.

in Elementalist

Posted by: RoyalCrumpet.5389

RoyalCrumpet.5389

I think that Arcane Wave should be reverted to the way it was and should NOT require ground targeting, especially underwater! There is absolutely no need in that, at all! I think Arcane Blast on the other hand should have like an AoE blast when it hits of like 240 or something, so people actually have a reason to use it.

in Elementalist

Nyxion.9142

I think that Arcane Wave should be reverted to the way it was and should NOT require ground targeting, especially underwater! There is absolutely no need in that, at all! I think Arcane Blast on the other hand should have like an AoE blast when it hits of like 240 or something, so people actually have a reason to use it.

Blast is the worst of the arcane skills, but that doesn’t mean it’s a bad skill overall. It always crits, has insane range and benefits from Arcane Lighting. Also no ground targeting ;P

in Elementalist

Nova Stiker.8396

Blast is the worst of the arcane skills, but that doesn’t mean it’s a bad skill overall. It always crits, has insane range and benefits from Arcane Lighting. Also no ground targeting ;P

There are 2 VERY viable solutions to this. That won’t kitten any players off.

1. Get rid of the Ground Targeting on Arcane Wave, give Arcane Blast a BLAST finisher.

2. Add ground targeting to a trait like Arcane Retribution.
Arcane Retribution: Gain Arcane Power when your health drops below the threshold. Arcane Wave now uses ground targeting.

in Elementalist

Posted by: titanlectro.5029

titanlectro.5029

Or (to save on postage), we could leave it this way because it is awesome…

Gate of Madness | Leader – Phoenix Ascendant [ASH]
Niniyl (Ele) | Barah (Eng) | Luthiyn (War) | Niennya (Thf)
This is my Trahearne’s story

in Elementalist

Posted by: Razor.6392

Razor.6392

Yeah, that’s pretty much the only way. I’ve never liked instant ground target casts but I guess that I will have to switch back and forth whenever I feel like playing dagger MH and staff respectively.

Ty anet for making my class a lot harder to play for no reason

Level 60 pvp
Ele & thief main (full ascended)
Down with the braindead faceroll classes.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Daddar.5971

Daddar.5971

I use arcane wave constantly for field combos running d/d. This change is incredibly annoying, since I always want it centered on my character. I agree with the solutions proposed above!

‘Elite’ in all 9 professions. I take mediocrity seriously!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Xia.3485

Xia.3485

Oh GOD I hate this change…. WHY!? Why didn’t they even preview this.. WHY!?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Vissarion.6509

Vissarion.6509

They did actually.

They called us TEMPESTs, but we can use our elite to cheat death instead

in Elementalist

Nova Stiker.8396

They did actually.

No they didn’t, the whole change was ninja’d.

It’s not even in the patch notes.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Dingle.2743

Dingle.2743

They explicitly stated it during the livestream on Friday and several threads talking about the new healing skill(s) began mentioning the change to arcane wave as well.

in Elementalist

Nova Stiker.8396

They explicitly stated it during the livestream on Friday and several threads talking about the new healing skill(s) began mentioning the change to arcane wave as well.

You call that a preview?

Anyways, the new Arcane Wave is a pain to work with now.

Seriously ArenaNet, fix this.

in Elementalist

Posted by: bulent.7391

bulent.7391

arcane wave is awesome right now. don’t revert it. this is the best change of the patch. great skill. way more useful than old version. love it.

(edited by bulent.7391)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Primernova.5791

Primernova.5791

The new heal/blast needs to get the ranged targeting and Arcane Wave needs to revert. This also fixes the underwater Arcane Wave problem.

Arcane Wave has been on my bar, in the same spot and on the same mouse hotkey since launch. It did not need any changes. The new heal seems great and if it was targetable, be a great way for staff to help heal with a less fumbly blast finisher than earth 2.

Hotfix please.

in Elementalist

Posted by: artsed.9702

artsed.9702

Yeah, it really took me aback to see that it was ground targeted now. I really detest the change, and the part where it wasn’t mentioned in the update notes.

Also, this is a bit nitpicky, but the skill animation looks really dumb when it’s at range. I can’t understand why any PvE’er would want it ground targeted.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Elfis.9102

Elfis.9102

Umm, free buff to arcane wave, making it ranged? Thanks, I may use it now!

in Elementalist

Posted by: TWMagimay.9057

TWMagimay.9057

I guess it depends on how you use it… As a damage skill it’s probably a buff(range and all)…as a blast finisher…it’s slowing all my combos down. It is somewhat hilarious when I’m running away with my staff, forget about the change and blast somewhere outside my static field… I miss having an instant blast finisher…it was much faster to stack might, easier to place heals on teammates(at least reduced the chance of them walking too far), speed buff on demand… I go drown my sorrow in a bottle of chocolate milk…

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ganathar.4956

Ganathar.4956

The new heal/blast needs to get the ranged targeting and Arcane Wave needs to revert. This also fixes the underwater Arcane Wave problem.

Arcane Wave has been on my bar, in the same spot and on the same mouse hotkey since launch. It did not need any changes. The new heal seems great and if it was targetable, be a great way for staff to help heal with a less fumbly blast finisher than earth 2.

Hotfix please.

I agree with this. I used to arcane wave mid-dodge since it was instant so the fact that you had to be close wasn’t a huge problem. Arcane brilliance needs to be ranged instead because you can’t dodge and pop it instantly, furthermore you need to be in the middle of a bunch of enemies to heal, usually when I am at critical health I want to heal AWAY from enemies not near them so ranged arcane brilliance would be better than ranged arcane wave.

Don’t get me wrong I love the new arcane wave but I can see that ranged would fit arcane brilliance more because it is a heal and has a cast time.

in Elementalist

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

This is a tricky balance change…D/D loved the melee version, staff’ll love the ranged version. So which one to listen to?

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kylehume.9581

Kylehume.9581

This is a tricky balance change…D/D loved the melee version, staff’ll love the ranged version. So which one to listen to?

For the record, as a staff ele, I prefer the melee version. It’s one of the few things that keeps me mobile in a fight. This change essentially forces me to stand and spam. I prefer to run in, blast, and burning retreat out. The melee version also makes it easier to stack might and swiftness.

I really don’t understand the reasoning behind this change. It only suggests to me that the developers don’t actually play this profession very much. I don’t mean that to be disrespectful, but it’s the only thing that makes sense.

in Elementalist

Posted by: STRanger.5120

STRanger.5120

What about both?

Old arcane wave + targetted arcane heal = problem solved.

#ELEtism 4ever

in Elementalist

Posted by: Axelifus.3269

Axelifus.3269

There’s nothing to “fix”, your entire gripe can be avoided by simply clicking the skill while you have fastcast on, it’ll function exactly the same way it did before the “devastating eff-up”.

in Elementalist

Posted by: kusanagi.3150

kusanagi.3150

As a d/d, I don’t really like the change. Ground targeting’s spell doesn’t suit me…
And it’s not exatly instant if I use the “Fast with range indicator” system, which I prefer to use for LF.

It’s a buff overall, probably, but I liked how it worked, it was fine.

Elementalist – Blood Legio [BL]

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nephanis.2015

Nephanis.2015

There’s nothing to “fix”, your entire gripe can be avoided by simply clicking the skill while you have fastcast on, it’ll function exactly the same way it did before the “devastating eff-up”.

Fast cast wouldn’t fix the issue everyone is having. It’s not the fact that it was instant before, it was the fact that it was instant at your feet. Blasting mid dodge, burning speed, right after lightning flash were a lot of ways people used wave. Instant cast at cursor position can still mess up a lot of people’s combos. The new healing skill doesn’t compensate for this, either.

The change is new and, for me at least, will take getting used to. It’s just another skill I have to worry about positioning now. I’m still missing blasting my own statics, since I’m used to putting them near my feet. :/ Habits die hard, I still remember dodging into my fields constantly for a week after the evasive arcana nerfs a long while back.

(edited by Nephanis.2015)

in Elementalist

Posted by: lewi.5497

lewi.5497

i want the arcane wave baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaackkkk i can’t play ele with this i wanna blast in flames and i want the erea might for me and nearby ally now ….no good animation and distracting aoe skill so useless i want it back and hate to change to another proffesion just because ele got useless or just quit game ….didn’t pay for this ….please take it under consideration
peace.

in Elementalist

Nyxion.9142

As I mentioned earlier I play or rather used to play d/d (in pve). I appreciate ground tageting with scepter, but in melee it’s unbearable…. I’m just glad that my war is already 80 :/
P.S. ANet is never listening to us >:(

(edited by Nyxion.9142)

in Elementalist

lewi.5497

guess imma switch to guardian or whatever till i find another game pfff rly pff

in Elementalist

Posted by: ndrangles.5183

ndrangles.5183

haha. it’s a small thing, but you actually used to be able to stealth underwater with earth 5 and arcane wave. eles aren’t as bad underwater as people say, though they aren’t great. but yeah, water combat in general is bad, so….not that it matters much. but they made it a little worse.

i can see its uses on land, but the ground targeting should probably be removed from the underwater version. o_o

Majyyks [Os] – NSP

(edited by ndrangles.5183)

in Elementalist

Nova Stiker.8396

haha. it’s a small thing, but you actually used to be able to stealth underwater with earth 5 and arcane wave. eles aren’t as bad underwater as people say, though they aren’t great. but yeah, water combat in general is bad, so….not that it matters much. but they made it a little worse.

if nothing else, remove the ground targeting underwater. o_o

Elementalists have 4 CC skills, freaking 4! And invisibility, they are amazing underwater, they just don’t have that high ranged damage.

Who is checking quality control of ArenaNet? This change is nothing but trouble :\

in Elementalist

lewi.5497

its rly bugging me im on the game right now and it sucks if anyt one else say that the skills change is a rly "good thing " is not a real staff ele or not really ele at all and i don’t think anet rly is going to consider this as “not a big deal” but im kinda frustrated and sad i love the new update and i rly rly hate this neww arcana wave change because of it i suck in dungeons i suck in pvp i actually suck in everything i can’t focus with it its so distracting and alot of my friends do ( its an ability skill lol shouldn’t have this big ranged aoe and if u use for example the fire lava font u have no animation)
i hate it i hate it i hate it like alot and i rly love ele

the conjured greatsword vanish when time is over don’t wait for the last skill use (bearable )
fireball animation start away from my hand ( bearable )
lavafont animation is childish ( bearable)
meteor shower rarely hit the target ( bearable)
healing rain don’t last that much ( bearable)
Windborne Speed don’t heal all kinds of conditions ( bearable)
Static Field don’t reflect projectiles (bearable)
Eruption explode when the target is already dead or away from it ( bearable)
Unsteady Ground "changed " stop 1 or 2 targets from crossing in a very short time instead of cripling which is at least a “condition” is also ( bearable)
staffs are not having same attention as greatswords and hammers etc… they are like small headed sticks
for example i look at the twilight and sunrise and i look at Biofrost and its just sad …but this isn’t the topic i just wanna say come on and all of this is bearable

but this is just unbearable i just can’t i really can’t the arcane wave must come bk to the way it should be and i know there are alot of staff ele ppl here understand what im talking about
and i rly don’t care if some of the ppl here like this new arcane wave they are not really staff ELEs

peace.