Please drop elementals active time

in Elementalist

Posted by: Brian.6435

Brian.6435

Hey Arenanet,

I play a glyph master ele and use Lesser Elemental and Greater Elemental as 2 of my skills, and I think it’d be a lot more fun to make it so there isn’t a time limit to how long elementals stay active. Sort of like a spirit master in other MMO’s. If you want to kill your current elemental to spawn a different one, just have a second skill appear over the glyph skill icon that kills the elemental, or have it die in combat, then wait the 60 seconds or whatever the cooldown is to spawn a new one from a different attunement.

I’m not saying they should be buffed or in any way changed to how they act right now, but I don’t see a point to them only lasting for 60 seconds at a time. I mean the Ranger gets a pet constantly at all times, why not allow the elementalist to have it’s personal pet as well.

I don’t see how in any way it could unbalance things either and it isn’t like Glyph ele’s are very common anyways, and I think allowing this could make things a little more fun for the elementalist.

So just a thought, hope you consider it.

Thanks.

in Elementalist

Posted by: icandothings.6378

icandothings.6378

No thanks. I’d rather not be dependent on pets to be an ele.

You could say make it so you have to build for it, but I doubt it won’t bleed through.

in Elementalist

Posted by: ReSpect.7125

ReSpect.7125

I dont think this will work. Every other summons disapear after about 60 sec. Thiefs that summons more thiefs. Guardian with his spirit weapon. Warriors baner. Alot racial skills.

When comparing with ranger. Remember that the pet is his main classmecanic. Like ours attunement.

Zandra Zvift lvl 80 human elementalist
Good luck and may the six watch over you

in Elementalist

Posted by: Brian.6435

Brian.6435

The pet is the ranger’s main class mechanic…theoretically, but it really isn’t. It’s nothing more than added dps to an already abundant pool, but if you wanna think of a pet as a rangers right hand, then shouldn’t an Elemental be the Elementalists? Also look at Necro’s, their minions last until they die.

Also in no way would this make the Elementalist dependent on elementals. I said nothing would change about their behavior and stats, you can choose to use them or not. I’m just looking to simply get rid of the active timer.

(edited by Brian.6435)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Dice Dragon.4326

Dice Dragon.4326

Minions/turrets are perma.

turrets are “psuedo” perma anyways, they go away after 5 minutes of being in the same spot.(though im not sure if being in combat removes this restriction.)

Atleast make them begin cooling down when you cast it, not when it dies.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Saturn.6591

Saturn.6591

Ranger pets are an essential part of Ranger dps. Without their pet attacking, they do less damage than other classes with comparable stats.

Necros need to trait heavily into minions to make them worth using. Usually, they can’t do much harm without having their minions up.

Engineer turrets are stationary.

Elementalists get their (mobile) elementals as an ADDITION to their normal dps/utility. It’s neither a replacement, nor an essential part of their dps.

I also liked your argument, that not many Eles go for glyphes anyway… so accidentally overbuffing some of them isn’t a big deal, right? Lol. You know… if that would happen, it wouldn’t take long and Glyph-Eles would be the new meta, until it gets nerfed to something more reasonable.

in Elementalist

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

I don’t know the Elementals can’t be traited they are just there but they are good in 1v1’s but larger scale they are bad like all ai is. I don’t think I would have a problem with no active time but like someone else said other summons follow that path. Necro’s have a trait line dedicated to their AI so they are different. On the other hand fighting a thief with thieves guilds with no active time would be pretty rough. Thieves guild almost guarantees a kill for a thief even in a 1v2 situation and it isn’t hard to stealth your thieves and give them those passives like regen, +200 power revealed, etc.

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

(edited by oZii.2864)

in Elementalist

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

Elementalists aren’t a pet class. They get elementals because they can do a little of everything. They’re not the main focus, and are fairly good as they are now.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.