Please need help with sigils ._.

in Elementalist

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

Well it took really a lot to me to craft my first exotic armor set….
Its now time to put sigils on it, and i really don t want to mess all the work i did until now…

Btw i am an elementalist D/D
fire 10
air 10
earth 10
water 20
arcana 20

(cannot afford book yet XD)

Set is knight (toughness/power/precision) exalted u.u and i plan to use a dagger with rune that steals life on crit.

Could anyone please give me any suggestion for the sigils?
ty ._.//

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Warmage Timeraider.5861

Warmage Timeraider.5861

btw, you meant runes.. not sigils. Sigils are for the weapons, runes for the gear :P

I am no expert at D/D or burst builds.
Im not sure what you are exactly focussed on so i will yust tell what i think would be best for any focus:
Nonetheless i would think something like:

If you go for raw damage:
If you have less then 50% critchance standard… go for rune of the Eagle
More then 50% critchance.. go for rune of the Scholar (people say the 10% above 90% health isnt worth it… depends, if you blow the whole burst cycle the second the fighting starts it is :P )

If you go for condition damage:
Rune of the Nightmare

If you are more of an tanky D/D (not sure why you would do that.. but IF):
Rune of the Earth

Timeraider- 80 Norn Elementalist – 80 Norn Engineer
epic-timeraider.weebly.com

in Elementalist

Posted by: Antiriad.7160

Antiriad.7160

some go 5 scholar / 1 divinity
and for sigils, be very careful if you pick 2 sigils that both have cooldowns (note that some sigils don’t tell you they have cds when they actually do). If one sigil sets up a cd then the other sigil will be blocked for that full duration too!
that means:
sigil A: 40s cooldown + sigil B: 5s cooldown = you basically wasted sigil B!
in such situations, pick one flat sigil without cooldown to be on the safe side, for example sigil of force (+5% damage flat) – in turn here note that identical sigils don’t stack in “power”, so 2x force won’t give you +10%!

Colin ‘The Liar’ Johanson: “Everyone, including casual gamers, by 80 should have the
best statistical loot in the game. We want everyone on equal power base.”

in Elementalist

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

Yeah i meant runes sry _
so eagle or scholar would be great but wich >___< ?
i still have to build my daggers (i have most mats ready btw) also but i got at the forge a superior sigil of blood that i’d want to use; so critical chances seems important…

also would sigil of blood work with sigil of intelligence (100%crit next hit after weapon swap) or should i go with a sigil of accuracy in offhand?

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

in Elementalist

Posted by: TWMagimay.9057

TWMagimay.9057

Why not just hop to Heart of Mists and play around? You can see the difference between runes and how it affects you.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Antiriad.7160

Antiriad.7160

If only the combat log would actually work in the way that it showed information about rune procs and all the stuff it shows in other MMOs, would make testing that much easier.

Colin ‘The Liar’ Johanson: “Everyone, including casual gamers, by 80 should have the
best statistical loot in the game. We want everyone on equal power base.”