Pls make Elite a free slot or just remove it

in Elementalist

Posted by: MyPuppy.8970

MyPuppy.8970

Yeah I know, another Nth QQ thread. It just bothers me that I never use it since i always forget i have one (well most of the time to be honnest). And i can’t understand why our elites should lock us from our core mechanics which is the BASE of our survivability.

I know many of us would rather get an extra utility slot instead, and i know this will fall into deaf ears, but i can see all other professions use their elite and on the rare occasions i see an ele use his elite, no one ever bother to care.

I know this won’t change, but i just had to pour my heart’s content. Thanks for reading anyway. Let’s hope HoT will change something but I’m ready to be disappointed.

Lily Bertine [NG]/[GiRL]
Nerfentalist of Augury Rock

in Elementalist

Posted by: Lawful.5314

Lawful.5314

If you don’t use it, that is your own problem really, i use the glyph of summon elemental almost every time its off cooldown, you wouldn’t believe how much damage those things do, if you actually bothered using them.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mem no Fushia.7604

Mem no Fushia.7604

I’m using glyph of elemental for earth one to cap things while roam in wvw with him its pretty good. I would like him to “swallow” extra attack: treat him as 2, but he receive hits only from one. He is pretty big.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Lawful.5314

Lawful.5314

My personal favourite is the Fire one, she does around 1500 aoe damage and applies burning, plus her skill does some pretty hefty 3-4k damage aswell.

in Elementalist

MyPuppy.8970

Yeah the thing is even if i equip it i usually forget to use it. My problem as you said, and you’re right. I don’t really like having something in my way, and i’m always pestering against AI doing stupid things, but i’ll try to think about it.

Though my complaint was more about giving players choices. As stated in the manifesto, and as did GW1.

Lily Bertine [NG]/[GiRL]

in Elementalist

Posted by: gaurav.7340

gaurav.7340

Totally agree with OP +1 for this mate!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Quin Marino.6384

Quin Marino.6384

Well in PvE you can use fgs for skill #3 and #5 then drop it, every 3 minutes. Or you can just use it to run trash runs slightly faster. An extra utility slot would be amazing though, I’d never need to choose between arcane wave and signet of fire again!

Also Rocky is an amazing tank. The other elementals just… they die really fast and if you’re pvping they are really easy to dodge. Freezy does have a nice heal though if he stays alive. They feel pretty underwhelming for an elite though.

I do agree, having more choices of elites would be nice. And this goes for all classes. I miss having hundreds of options in Guild Wars 1.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Flintbrow.7985

Flintbrow.7985

Well, you can put “all-in” into crit chance/crit dmg and slot tornado…hear me out…then go to EOTM, wait for zerg to approach in a squirrely local…pop tornado and jump down. (in assassin’s or ’zerker’s) You will deal redic. dng as well as toss a number of people off…quick!, run back inside before you die!

Neenu Waffler-Warrior for what once was the Toast-

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mem no Fushia.7604

Mem no Fushia.7604

60s elite that give you / deal to enemy, simple one. I would like to see one like that, but I don’t have any idea and didn’t play gw1 since long time, so idk with what they can came up, but elite like that would be nice to see on this profession.

Oh maybe multi element attack 4 elements appear then one of them chase enemy and deal dmg/condtion assosiated with it. 4elements circling around you and enemy and you don’t know what will hit, fancy+suprise. Probably too much avatar of kora and vivian? from nanatsu no taizan.

in Elementalist

Posted by: MightyMicah.7451

MightyMicah.7451

I like the great sword a lot. The mobility is very nice.

This is that new sound. Ya’ll ain’t ready.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zention.1849

Zention.1849

Okay, that’s my personal opinion.

To me, the elites feel far from being elite. Changes should occur there definitely. The problem the game has to face in nearer future is, the repetitive/monotonous ‘nothing new’ overall game mechanic.
At the moment everything is fairly easy.
E.g – 16 months ago there were hardly any player doing solo stuff. Now every one does it.

Changing the elite into an utility slot wouldn’t change anything. The whole core game must be changed – so these ‘old’ skills can be called more suggestive.

Also I see some problems with other classes. Occurring changes to certain classes will simply put them into invincible God-like positions.

Looking forward to the expansion.

Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto

in Elementalist

Posted by: yiksing.9432

yiksing.9432

Just make our elite a Weapon Summon depending on our attunement. Frost Bow when in Water, etc etc.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Bluefox.9580

Bluefox.9580

I’ve grown quite fond of the water elemental’s heals in PvE and SPvP. The air ele is a freaking joke though.

Bluefox Matari – Elementalist – Maguuma

in Elementalist

Posted by: SmoothHussler.6387

SmoothHussler.6387

Is there somewhere I can see what kind of heals water elemental puts out?

Maguuma: Thug Life: [DERP][ME][PYRO] and other assorted dead guilds.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Bluefox.9580

Bluefox.9580

Bluefox Matari – Elementalist – Maguuma

in Elementalist

Posted by: SmoothHussler.6387

SmoothHussler.6387

kitten that’s pretty darn good. TY>

Maguuma: Thug Life: [DERP][ME][PYRO] and other assorted dead guilds.

in Elementalist

Posted by: DanteZero.9736

DanteZero.9736

Rarely do I ever see my fire elemental survive longer than 30 seconds. It would be nice if the non-earth elementals weren’t so ridiculously fragile in pve. I would love to hear the dev’s views on why they view some skills, elites, and traits as balanced.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Again, it’s not that our elite are ‘bad’ so much as they aren’t ‘elite’ or relevant.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

It sounds like after the stab changes (not sure when) nado may become nearly unstoppable and a realty good stab stack remover.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ormus Black.5134

Ormus Black.5134

Lets face it we got the worst PVP elites in game period. But are they useless?? NO no one is saying that, they all have a use here or there. (mobility,extra dps,heals, whatever)

Do i think adding another, could put them over the top? probably, but ele is the only class i pretty well would of had the same outcome in my spvp fights with or without.

in Elementalist

Posted by: DanteZero.9736

DanteZero.9736

It sounds like after the stab changes (not sure when) nado may become nearly unstoppable and a realty good stab stack remover.

It’s too easy to be immobilized and you move really slow. Also, the damage pulse from tornado happens once per three seconds (not talking about the whirl+lighting field effect and the three tornado skills).

Tornado needs a bit more than just the stability change imo. Perhaps adding pulsing resistance in addition to possibly pulsing stability. As for the pitiful damage/CC pulse times, well, if it’s reduced to 1 damage pulse per second with 1 CC pulse per 3 seconds, it might be something nice.

in Elementalist

MyPuppy.8970

I find tornado pretty strong when combined with engie’s turrets ?

Lily Bertine [NG]/[GiRL]

in Elementalist

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

FGS.

Life saver, enemy catcher and gate smasher!

On another note, we are getting a new elite. Lets hope its an “elite” and not some dung

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Nado got a bit better today though testing is needed. It would be nice if the 2 in air for super speed would work on nado on a 3 sec rotation.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in Elementalist

Posted by: Sheppy.9306

Sheppy.9306

I kinda agree too, the term ‘elite’ should make you scream down ts “OMG NOOOOOOOOOOOO he used his elite”. Or at least make you think up a tactic to counter it. Eles dont do either.

On the other hand i tend to drop my fiery greatsword the moment i know i will be involved in an outmanned fight. You can still swap attunements and dodge heal as well as kiting and keeping the pressure up. Not to mention the chaos it does when you run fresh air alongside it :p

but ye a little buff to each wouldn’t hurt that much.

in Elementalist

Posted by: MaXi.3642

MaXi.3642

On another note, we are getting a new elite. Lets hope its an “elite” and not some dung

no we aren’t, specialization is getting new elite… the question is how much will specializations be different from their core classes… there is still a possibility that they will be so different it wont be ele anymore just a small class mechanic change would be enough for it as whole ele feel is about 4 attunements…

in Elementalist

MyPuppy.8970

Well i surely had spvp in mind when i opened this thread. But of course any elite can be somewhat useful in PvE. I’d say earth elemental is great in pve.

Lily Bertine [NG]/[GiRL]

in Elementalist

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

Well i surely had spvp in mind when i opened this thread. But of course any elite can be somewhat useful in PvE. I’d say earth elemental is great in pve.

I agree. I use my earth and fire elementals often in PvE.

Elites should be a game changer for pvp situations… And IMO none of the ele elites will turn the tide of a fight (unless running away is considered changing the tide).

in Elementalist

Posted by: MrSilver.5269

MrSilver.5269

We need an elite signet or an elite arcane skill. I would prefer a signet personally, maybe one with a passive that reduces attunement recharge rate by 1 second, and an active that provides a series of buffs (same buffs or better than in elemental attunement) similar to a warrior’s elite signet.

But I’m trying, Ringo. I’m trying real hard to be the shepherd.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

Where is our Signet of Arcana (passive: chance to proc 2sec quickness on hits, active: recharge all attunements) elite?

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer