Popular/fun WvW builds/armour?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Bryzy.2719

Bryzy.2719

I’m new to eles and just wondered how some of you roll in WvW. Traits? Gear? Skills? Advice appreciated!

Also does anyone ever do like ‘kamikaze’ type moves in zergs? like Ride the lightning into enemy zerg then Arcane blasts etc with invulnerability? Just a thought.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Navzar.2938

Navzar.2938

The only reasons you’d do Kamikaze type things are either if it’s right outside your gate so you can vapor form back into the tower/keep or if you’re going to destroy an important siege weapon.

As for builds, you’ll always want at least 15 in water for the condition removal and heal, although going all the way to 30 is pretty good as well since it provides nice support for groups and because conditions are popular these days. Always go at least 10 in arcana for elemental attunment.

When it comes to zergs a staff is a good choice, so put at least 20 into arcana for elemental attunement and blasting staff. 30 in arcana also lets you use dodge in earth as a finisher.

When it comes to smaller groups, you can pretty much use any pvp build fairly well provided that it isn’t centered around bunkering to hold a point. Also, other weapon sets are usually better than staff.
For d/d you’ll want 10 in air for zephyr’s boon. 10 in earth for stone splinters can be pretty good as well. 30 in water can aura share.

Overall, the generic 0/10/0/30/30 works pretty well, since it’s good, hardy and flexible enough to use with all weapons.

For gear I use a mix of soldiers armor with +boon duration runes and a mix of knights/berserker trinkets.

For utility, defensive and aoes work well. So any cantrips, especially mist form or armor of earth. For aoes, frost bow, glyph of storms work fairly well. For staff arcane wave is good for self combos.

Fiery greatsword makes a great elite since you can use it’s great mobility for travel, chasing, and escaping as well as having good dps when used well.

(edited by Navzar.2938)

in Elementalist

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

I have been running a few different comps that all work:

S/D – 0/30/0/10/30 works pretty well as a roamer, with great burst, but the effectiveness scales down very quickly with more people.

D/D – 0/0/20/20/30 has great survivability, but the damage is about the same as the old bunker, so this is best for either solo-ing camps or supporting small groups.

D/D – 0/15/10/15/30 is more of a mix, getting the lightning procs, good swiftness/fury, and doesn’t give up much survivability. The lack of stability can hurt, but the damage is acceptable.

My current tinkering build:

D/D – 0/0/30/10/30 signet build that uses energy sigils and runes of the adventure to keep lots of endurance. The damage potential here is pretty good with the +10% inside 600 range, +10% with full endurace, great stat toughness and condi damage that allows gearing for more dps. The only signets I am using are air and signet of restoration, and it hurts not having ether renewal for all that condi-clearing. I may switch to signet of water to try.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fEEQJAoYhMmcbxx5wjDAkCmMe0xIkUeMTO2A-jQDBoLIYMBk+AkEBhIAI7pIaslWFRjVVTQWtATVKpWxQGyB2bQZVGgltA-e

in Elementalist

Posted by: BoxaPitador.4075

BoxaPitador.4075

Below are the builds/gear I use in WvW:

Role 1 (Staff). Zerg Busting/Commanding (0/5/30/15/20)
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fEQQFAWhMmmbyx2QlEA0DmMekxIkIFUUMzOA-jUyAoLACCAFCJ7VEN2aXR0YV1LqWZjpeBM5BDA-w

Role 2 (S/D). Roamer/Camp Flipping (0/20/10/10/30)
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fEQQJArYhMmmbyx2QlEAkCmMKkhQRFWUeMDN2A-jkyAYsAShQIRAEBwsXR0YraFRjVVvoadNmyFweHMA-w

TBH playstyle influences every build/gear setup a ton and NO one build is right for everyone. Ele’s are a very versatile class that is only limited by a players skill level and creativity.

On a side note I’m experimenting with a “Glass-Staff” Build that is used primarily as a back line zerg build that puts out massive aoe dmg but who’s survivability depends on mobility and environmental awareness. I’ll post when I’ve ironed out the kinks.

Cheers,

Zing

in Elementalist

Posted by: BoxaPitador.4075

BoxaPitador.4075

I forgot to changed the skills on the S/D roamer. The updated skills are below.
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fEQQJArYhImmbyR0QlEAkCmMKkhQRFWUeMDN2A-jkyAYsAShQIRAEBwsXR0YraFRjVVvoadNmyFweHMA-w

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

If I’m alone I’ll use 0/30/10/20/10 S/D. Have 40% crit chance unbuffed, almost 100% crit damage, nearly 3k armor. Hits hard and is hard to kill 1 vs 1. less effective against big groups. If i’m running with the regular group of 3 -4 that I hang with, 0/0/20/20/30 with the stability trait or 0/10/0/30/30 with aurashare. 0/10/0/30/30 isn’t as good as it used to be alone after all the massive unnecessary nerfs, but is still decent at supporting a group.