(Possible) New Elite: March 18th

in Elementalist

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

Signet of Arcana
Signet Passive: Gain quickness when you swap attunement.
Signet Active: Recharge all your attunements.

This is meant to be a new Elite that we are getting on March 18th though until confirmed it is just rumour now

if you want to see them all: http://pastebin.com/e9276EXr

Anyway, IF this is real – what do you guys think?
Personally i think it would be another below average Elite.
Though this depends on:

1) Quickness duration
2) Quickness ICD
3) Skill cool down

I do think that the active is VERY poor. With that as the active the skill better be on like a 20second cool down. Because compared to some of the others that is seriously poor

in Elementalist

Posted by: LightningBlaze.4913

LightningBlaze.4913

I see both the active and the passive to be strong, depending on the factors the op stated.. It would still never replace my fgs for WvW roaming and pve. Would definitely try it out for the fun of it before judging though.

Heidia- The elementalist is the #1 most OP profession in this game since beta!

(edited by LightningBlaze.4913)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Derond.7930

Derond.7930

This can be strong but I fear it won’t. Maybe, without an icd and 1-2s quickness, I will prefer it over the FGS. We’ll see, I hope for the best^^
Edit: I don’t know if ether renewal is affected by quickness, but when it is.. I’d love it^^

in Elementalist

Posted by: Strang.8170

Strang.8170

Lemme guess…if this goes live the actual skill facts state something like:
30s icd on passive, 120s cooldown on active.

Without the usual absurd cooldowns though, this could mean the ele bursts are sligthly more reliable, and support can swap attunements with little more freedom.

Dr.Strang E – Nameless veterans (NV) – Gandara (EU)
[ ex- Piken Square (EU), ex- Aurora Glade (EU) ]

in Elementalist

ArmageddonAsh.6430

To me, the passive if the right duration and not insanely overdone ICD is okay. I think that active for a new Elite is simply poor.

Maybe something like this would have been better:

Signet of Arcana
Signet Active: The effectiveness of skills and attunement bonuses improved by 50% for the attunement that you active the signet in and skill cool downs are cut by 25%. Lasts 30seconds, 180second cool down

Something like this would be SO much better than the lazy active it has currently got

in Elementalist

Posted by: Dilige Vitam.1956

Dilige Vitam.1956

Depending on the internal cooldown, surely this is an amazing elite for fresh air builds? Fresh air will allow you to proc the quickness pretty much every time it’s up without fail.

in Elementalist

ArmageddonAsh.6430

Depending on the internal cooldown, surely this is an amazing elite for fresh air builds? Fresh air will allow you to proc the quickness pretty much every time it’s up without fail.

This is one of the reasons why i think it will have a cool down. At a guess i would say 6-10second ICD. The duration i think will be rather low as well. Would guess at 2-3seconds at the very best with 1-2seconds being the most likely

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wyrden.4713

Wyrden.4713

1 second quickness is enuf to be able to land fire 2 on scepter, or meteor w staff

for d/d i would only need it for earth 5 , else i would use fgs or glyph of elemtnal

just my ytb channel

FeintFate~

in Elementalist

Posted by: Assassin.7890

Assassin.7890

60 sec cooldown like warrior signet of rage would be great.
I think you can role through your attunements and once every minute you can do something unpredictable.
Nice

in Elementalist

Posted by: phaeris.7604

phaeris.7604

An internal cooldown would make it pretty much useless.

Say it just procced, would you really mentally count for 10 secs, and save the exact ability and atunement line for you to switch in to? Have you really been mentally counting down in your head for that moment when churning earth is up?

If there was an icd all that would happen in reality would you’d just notice an auto attack would be sped up every so often.

Having it switch every atunement isn’t that op’d as basically there’s only a handful of abilities which would benefit, and those are generally on a long cooldown. Dragons tooth never hits anyone anyway, let’s be honest here, 180 radius….

I think it’s a great way to add survivability and some more oomph to damage whilst still maintaining a good skill cap to the ele, not just dumbing it down to warrior level.

in Elementalist

phaeris.7604

I think you can role through your attunements and once every minute you can do something unpredictable.
Nice

So I can have quickness for 36 seconds?

Did you even think about what you typed?. How exactly would you know when that minute cooldown was going to happen? It would definately be unpredictable, even the ele using it wouldn;t be able to predict when it would go off.

in Elementalist

ArmageddonAsh.6430

Nice

Did you even think about what you typed?. How exactly would you know when that minute cooldown was going to happen? It would definately be unpredictable, even the ele using it wouldn;t be able to predict when it would go off.

No idea what you are talking about, do you even know?
Hes talking about the cool down of the active.
You would NOT have 36seconds of quickness.

The passive would become unusable when the active is used, unless traited which is 30 point earth trait.

in Elementalist

Assassin.7890

Nice

No idea what you are talking about, do you even know?
Hes talking about the cool down of the active.
You would NOT have 36seconds of quickness.

The passive would become unusable when the active is used, unless traited which is 30 point earth trait.

+1 thanks

in Elementalist

Posted by: sorrychief.2563

sorrychief.2563

I do not want a DT, phoenix or firegrab comming at me when an ele has quickness up. Scarey thought.

Real question: Why would you need quickness on a fresh air build upon switching to air if all air burst is instant? LOL.

champion magus
previously rank 2 on old leaderboards
EG.secret.OG.NAVI.sorrychief

in Elementalist

Wyrden.4713

I do not want a DT, phoenix or firegrab comming at me when an ele has quickness up. Scarey thought.

Real question: Why would you need quickness on a fresh air build upon switching to air if all air burst is instant? LOL.

cause fire still deals more dmg then those lightnings , in pvp u hit 8-9 k dragon tooth on glassy ppl, firegrab 9 k for sure on burning glassy ppl

lighnting hits twice 2-4 k ish(attunement swap and air 2)

just my ytb channel

FeintFate~

in Elementalist

Posted by: hihey.1075

hihey.1075

Without ICD it would be good.
With ICD it would be useless.

Pillow Cake
Worst Thief EU
One Handed One vs One Videos

in Elementalist

Wyrden.4713

^ for s/d btw

w quickness u r sure to always land the dragontooth after air 5

just my ytb channel

FeintFate~

in Elementalist

Assassin.7890

I feel like sophisticated gameplay gets even more enhanced. I like difficult combos with our class – but imagine that with quickness. Even Churning earth seems interessting for WvW now… Ether renewal would be great.
Nice synergy with signet of restoration and autoattacks – that would make auto attacks worth it!
But as already mentioned: it depends on ICD, duration of quickness and casttime…

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mbelch.9028

Mbelch.9028

I would think it would give a second of quickness on each swap. Super valuable, not super OP.

It would be amazing if the active recharged all cooldowns and all attunes.

-Nex, [FEAR] Elementalist
https://www.youtube.com/user/GW2FearGaming

in Elementalist

Wyrden.4713

buuut these elites r just unimaginable

mesmer ones is just weird,

why would a warrior get that elite

ranger alrdy has that as grandmaster trait

etc.

just my ytb channel

FeintFate~

in Elementalist

phaeris.7604

1 second is too short.

Imagine switching atunements, it fires at that exact moment, taking about 1/4 of a sec to show your new bar, then say you’re hotkeyed and take another 1/4 of a sec to find and press the key.

So now only 1/2 a sec would apply to the skill in a best case scenario.

If you’re a clicker then it may as well not exist.

Quickness isn’t a boon either so no duration effects it.

So in reality it would need to be 1.5-2 seconds to be usable.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ptolomy.6984

Ptolomy.6984

I’d rather have boon duration on passive

in Elementalist

Posted by: Gokil.2543

Gokil.2543

Two things:

1- These elites have already been debunked as fake

2- This elite would be completely 100 percent broken and overpowered on elementalist, there’s a reason our profession doesn’t get quickness, and that is because we have long channels and telegraphed threats as our defining + crippling characteristic. I’m baffled by the indifference.

[Walk] Elemelentalist
Youtube

in Elementalist

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

Well atleast this beats 90% of the eles elites.

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in Elementalist

phaeris.7604

@gokil.

Source?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

@gokil.

Source?

We cant. The NSA is watching us.

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mbelch.9028

Mbelch.9028

Where were these debunked?

Also prepare for this thread to be deleted. It was deleted in WvW. They’ll eventually find it here as well.

Quickness wouldn’t be OP. Consider their effort to give us “superspeed” they obviously want to increase our unpredictability.

-Nex, [FEAR] Elementalist
https://www.youtube.com/user/GW2FearGaming

in Elementalist

Posted by: Avead.5760

Avead.5760

You dont need a source to know this would be broken as hell even at 1 sec :P
Quickness stomps,rezzes dts in the face ,ether renewals with 1,5 sec casting time etc etc
Too good to be true.And then a double water heal/cleanse followd by a second instant air burst , a good 10 sec protection at base..lol one can dream right?? :P
Although i could see them doing something like that with the active cd at 60 sec or so and the passive duration at half a sec MAX

in Elementalist

ArmageddonAsh.6430

You dont need a source to know this would be broken as hell even at 1 sec :P
Quickness stomps,rezzes dts in the face ,ether renewals with 1,5 sec casting time etc etc
Too good to be true.And then a double water heal/cleanse followd by a second instant air burst , a good 10 sec protection at base..lol one can dream right?? :P
Although i could see them doing something like that with the active cd at 60 sec or so and the passive duration at half a sec MAX

The active knowing anet would be for just the attunement swapping and like 180second cool down, that alone would make the skill useless to active. The passive would likely be for like 1 second with a 10-13second cool down that would then make the passive useless as well.

1/2 a second quickness? that would be useless. Remember this meant to be an ELITE.

in Elementalist

Avead.5760

Well remeber..th glyph of elementals and tornado were both meant to be elites:D:D:D:D
I bet 100 g that if its true the duration wont be more than 1/2 a sec. In my opinion they are so depserate to not decrease counterplay(only in the case of ele ofcourse :P ) that they will practically choose the lowest duration possible to prevent you being able to chain more than 1 big hitters while its on effect.

in Elementalist

Wyrden.4713

1 second is too short.

Imagine switching atunements, it fires at that exact moment, taking about 1/4 of a sec to show your new bar, then say you’re hotkeyed and take another 1/4 of a sec to find and press the key.

So now only 1/2 a sec would apply to the skill in a best case scenario.

If you’re a clicker then it may as well not exist.

Quickness isn’t a boon either so no duration effects it.

So in reality it would need to be 1.5-2 seconds to be usable.

u only need to start the cast, so quickness is for only one skill(awesoem for fire2 on scepter or earth 5 on dagger) the rest of cast will be 50% shortened, doesnt mather if quickness runs out or not

just my ytb channel

FeintFate~

in Elementalist

Posted by: lLobo.7960

lLobo.7960

As long as all skills have huge CD on their own, reseting CD on att is not something that great.

They need to shorten CD on skills so ATT CD reduction(and the CD reset) actually means something more than going back to a slightly better AA.

Would be nice to see something that makes skill CD shorter if they att they are related to is on CD too… that would be a nice signet to have instead of 1s quickness…

in Elementalist

Posted by: dace.8019

dace.8019

These were posted as ideas by another user (in the Balance sub-forum, iirc) and aren’t from ANet.

in Elementalist

phaeris.7604

I honestly think it’s a great way to buff the eles offense and survivability without simplying giving it more hp, or toughness.

Let’s face it, (this is coming from someone who played a thief ), which person do you target first in a fight. If the ele was glassy I knew I could drop him in a single steal/c+d +backstab combo, if he wasn’t glassy, i knew he could never damage me enough before I could drop him. So there was absolutely no reason to not go for them.

After having played an ele for the last few months i’ve noticed absolutely everyone (especially thieves….) will go for me before everyone else. I find that my play mostly consists of trying to run around and merely survive whilst someone else does the damage. It’s basically because everyone knows you’ll probably have low armour and low health. Or (i’m d/d) get in, drop a bit of damage and try and get out asap, hoping my survival tools are off cooldown.

in Elementalist

Posted by: rhodoc.2381

rhodoc.2381

I’d take IF
ICD below 2cd
Duration Above 1sec
Active Recharce below 1min

[VcY] Velocity – Gargamell

in Elementalist

Posted by: DanteZero.9736

DanteZero.9736

This can be strong but I fear it won’t. Maybe, without an icd and 1-2s quickness, I will prefer it over the FGS. We’ll see, I hope for the best^^
Edit: I don’t know if ether renewal is affected by quickness, but when it is.. I’d love it^^

Ether renewal is affected by quickness, though, the 50% faster skill activation feels more like a 25% faster activation to me.

I guess it’s because the original 100% quickness value caused the skill charge meters to move halfway and then instantly fill up rather than instant casting which is what I associated with 100% values.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

this is a fake post
not made by Anet
and if you look at the published date its December 17th thus it would ve been metioned already by devs on the previous upcomming changes previews

in Elementalist

ArmageddonAsh.6430

this is a fake post
not made by Anet
and if you look at the published date its December 17th thus it would ve been metioned already by devs on the previous upcomming changes previews

This COULD be fake. No one is saying its 100% real but at the same time NO one can say its 100% fake. Havent other skills and heals been leaked this way before and turned out to be true.

This doesn’t mean the devs WOULD have spoken about it. For all we know – they could have leaked it to see what the players would say, rather strange but still possible.

in Elementalist

Posted by: PSX.9250

PSX.9250

Signet of Arcana
Signet Active: Recharge all your attunements.

This is meant to be a new Elite that we are getting on March 18th though until confirmed it is just rumour now

if you want to see them all: http://pastebin.com/e9276EXr

Anyway, IF this is real – what do you guys think?
Personally i think it would be another below average Elite.
Though this depends on:

1) Quickness duration
2) Quickness ICD
3) Skill cool down

I do think that the active is VERY poor. With that as the active the skill better be on like a 20second cool down. Because compared to some of the others that is seriously poor

1) Quickness duration – 1 sec
2) Quickness ICD – 30 sec
3) Skill cool down – 180 cooldown

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nabuko Darayon.9645

Nabuko Darayon.9645

IF this is real here’s my input:
1) Passive I can work with
2) Active just doesn’t make any sense. We already have low recharge time on attunement and ANet said that Ele’s core gameplay is switching attunements. If they charged the active to suit us better it could be worth the Elite skill title

Any since everyone is posting their idea of the skill here’s how it will probably end like:
1) Quickness 2 sec
2) Quickness CD 5 sec
3) Skill Cooldown 60 sec

~ King Arian and Isabella of [EG] ~

in Elementalist

Posted by: Shockwave.1230

Shockwave.1230

The most OP I can visualize this being in my head involves no internal cooldown + freshair.

I likely see the quickness lasting 2 seconds.

In a situation like that the air auto attacks would deal pretty rediculous damage, for dagger.

You really can’t do a global internal cooldown, because ele already has a problem with reliability of on swap sigils procing (battle is really the only one that makes sense currently and leeching too). With an internal cooldown you run into situations where you’ll trigger the quickness when you don’t want it.

The only way I can see an internal cooldown being implemented in a way that would make the elite useful is to have each attunement have it’s own internal cooldown for triggering the quickness, this really only impacts the freshair trait currently, so it might not even be necessary to have an internal cooldown at all.

If the skill isn’t going to have an internal cooldown at all then the one thing that they probably should do with the skill is make sure that the Quickness duraiton doesn’t stack when swapping attunements. Instead the duration of Quickness should always be reset to 2 seconds remaining. Otherwise you could just burn all of your attunements cast Signet of Earth while doing so, end on air and have 5 seconds of Quickness to apply weakness and autoattack away to your heart’s content.

The more I think about it, the more I feel the Quickness should be 1 second instead of 2. 1 seems just right without an internal cooldown.

The biggest thing you’d see with no internal cooldown though is that the ele would be required in the meta as the stomp class. While that seems OP initially, when thinking about it at the highest level of play in a team scenario, everyone would know the ele is the stomp class, and everyone knows the ele is squishy, so the ele would likely be taking mist form or armor of earth to stomp, and spec into water in order to get the reduced recharge on cantrips.

You’d probably see a return of cantrip ele’s in some form or fashion. That means people would likely go 30 water still, and you’d see either 30 air/10 arcane to take more advantage of elite’s Passive being available on demand. Or you’d see people take a more balanced approach by going 30 arcane for an overall greater uptime of quickness.

What this elite would likely do to the meta with people’s current view of the ele is create a situaiton where if you take that elite, you’d be running one of two specs. 0/30/0/30/10 or x/x/x/30/30 with 10 points left over. Obviously any other ele build wouldn’t change because this is a new skill and doesn’t have to impact previous builds.

The question becomes, with this difference is the skill going to create builds that are far superior to the other ele builds? To answer that we’d have to understand what we get, and that depends upon the implementation of course. With no ICD like the path I’ve been following we’d see the ele become the best stomper, and be able to pull off combos at pretty quick paces. So with no internal cooldown, I think the skill would be mandatory. Therefore it would be OP, but you also can’t really do the ICD and make it a reliable and therefore it wouldn’t be viable.

That said I don’t see any reason the Active couldn’t take the role of the passive and for like 15 seconds or so the ele gets 1 second of quickness upon attunement swap with like a 70 second cooldown or something. The passive could take on the role of the active and reduce the recharge of attunements by like 10% so it’d be like a bonuse 10 points to arcana.

= tl;dr =
An ICD makes the elite unreliable and therefore not viable.
No/Low ICD makes the elite mandatory to run.

The elite actives and passive’s could be swapped to something like:
Passive: Reduce Attunement Recharge by 10%
Active: For 15 seconds when you swap attunements you gain 1 second of quickness.
Recharge: 70 seconds.

Sylvari Elementalist – Mystree Duskbloom (Lv 80)
Norn Guardian – Aurora Lustyr (Lv 80)
Mia A Shadows Glow – Human Thief (Lv 80)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Columbo.5924

Columbo.5924

As somebody said, this could be very well a fake. If it isn’t (or somebody at anet is actively reading the input regardless) this is my 2cents:

1. Depending on ICD and quickness duration this could become very overpowered or completely useless. So without any hard data it’s hard to tell if that skill is good or not.
2. I don’t really like passive play.
3. What we actually need is an elite cantrip with boons. <dreaming> Something like the ele version of the guardian skill “save yourselves” </dreaming>.

Abaddon’s Mouth (DE)

in Elementalist

phaeris.7604

30 sec icd for a 1 sec quick buff?

Really?

Any sort of icd at all kills the signets intention. Why would anyone use a signet which gives them 1 sec of quickness which will pretty much randomly effect certain spells.

The warrior signet gives 35 seconds of might, fury and swiftess on a 60 sec cooldown, with constant adrenaline gain as a passive.

vs The ability to reset an atunement every 3 minutes…and 1 second of quickness every 30 seconds…wut?

in Elementalist

Avead.5760

LoL ..30 sec icd?? Yeap,thats an actual elite made especially for this beautiful class that is ele. Now i can start thinking about the notes being real a bit more
Anyway any elite is better than.. no elite ,if you know what i mean

in Elementalist

Posted by: KrazyFlyinChicken.5936

KrazyFlyinChicken.5936

Resetting attunements will be a Very powerful elite for S/D or S/F players running fresh air builds since attune swapping can often leave you without attunements.

Also, it’s a sigil. A lot of trait lines could make this stronger than it is with (potentially) game-breaking effects. 5 sigils on one build? Insane.

Fort Aspenwood – Elementalist
Character name: Azilyi

in Elementalist

Posted by: P Fun Daddy.1208

P Fun Daddy.1208

As far as I can see, they would have to try pretty hard to make it as bad as our other elites.
My prediction:
Passive: 2 sec, ICD 10 sec (so fresh air abuse doesn’t happen, 2/5sec would be pretty crazy. Matches up with fury on swap.
Active: 30-45 second cooldown. Consistent with other signets. Probably more towards 45 because of written in stone being so powerful.

in Elementalist

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

I wouldn’t use it.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in Elementalist

Posted by: KrazyFlyinChicken.5936

KrazyFlyinChicken.5936

As far as I can see, they would have to try pretty hard to make it as bad as our other elites.
My prediction:
Passive: 2 sec, ICD 10 sec (so fresh air abuse doesn’t happen, 2/5sec would be pretty crazy. Matches up with fury on swap.
Active: 30-45 second cooldown. Consistent with other signets. Probably more towards 45 because of written in stone being so powerful.

You raised an interesting point about the fury on swap.

With quickness, it means Churning Earth will be channeled faster, and delivered with fury o.0

kitten .

Fort Aspenwood – Elementalist
Character name: Azilyi

in Elementalist

Posted by: P Fun Daddy.1208

P Fun Daddy.1208

My prediction:

With quickness, it means Churning Earth will be channeled faster, and delivered with fury o.0

kitten .

I can see so many awesome uses for this, especially with rock solid.
Rock solid+signet makes uberstomps.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Shockwave.1230

Shockwave.1230

My prediction:

kitten .

I can see so many awesome uses for this, especially with rock solid.
Rock solid+signet makes uberstomps.

One of the reasons the skill can’t be released to production in the presented form. Written in Stone + Rock Solid = always stability stomp in 2 seconds.

Sylvari Elementalist – Mystree Duskbloom (Lv 80)
Norn Guardian – Aurora Lustyr (Lv 80)
Mia A Shadows Glow – Human Thief (Lv 80)