Powerful Aura

Powerful Aura

in Elementalist

Posted by: CMstorm.8679

CMstorm.8679

Any1 think the trait is good as is, or should it get a little tweak?
Auras are applied to nearby allies
Number of targets 5
Radius: 360

possible additions:
-Increases duration of auras by 2 seconds
-Auras grant retaliation on use

-Cannot be chilled while under Fire Shield.
-Burning can’t be applied to you while under Frost Aura.
-Weakness cannot be applied to you while under Magnetic Aura
-Vulnerability cannot be applied to you while under Shocking Aura

OP?
or is Powerful Aura fine as is? ideas?

Powerful Aura

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ancient Ranger.3276

Ancient Ranger.3276

I like the increase duration and retaliation, but I think the other additions might be a little OP in terms of there is not counter play for other classes for the additional condi stop .
Also I think buffing a little will give us more of a support choice between cleansing water and powerful aura

Éleura Elementalist’s on YB
Elementalist
#Ele

Powerful Aura

in Elementalist

Posted by: P Fun Daddy.1208

P Fun Daddy.1208

I support the bonus duration OR the secondary effects.
Neither would be overpowered alone, but both might be.

Powerful Aura

in Elementalist

Posted by: Dorid.1793

Dorid.1793

Increase Duration by 2s and Radius Increased to 450 or 600.
This will be perfect.

Guild: Myth Andaar [MA]
“Rigor mortis, habeas corpus.”
GW2W: Dorid - Builds

Powerful Aura

in Elementalist

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

The main issue with Powerful Aura isn’t the trait itself imho. The problem is that in order to get any decent number of auras, you basically need to run D/D.

In another thread someone suggested chaging one of the glyphs to create an attunement based aura on yourself. Something like that would really help this trait along.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

Powerful Aura

in Elementalist

Posted by: LelouchViBritannia.3607

LelouchViBritannia.3607

Retaliation on auras would be awesome. Without Air I and/or Earth V Powerful Auras is an extremely lacking grandmaster trait. Plus it really needs to work with every aura we get, be it from runes or combos.

I command you to be AWESOME.

Powerful Aura

in Elementalist

Posted by: MarzAttakz.9608

MarzAttakz.9608

The majority of these suggestions are brilliant, why must we cherry pick !?

If I had to choose I’d go with:

- increased duration + radius
- glyph to create an aura on demand

If they won’t increase the duration and radius then increase the duration of the effect applied please (frost and static specifically).

YOU KNOW THERE AIN’T NO REST FOR THE WICKED, TILL WE CLOSE OUR EYES FOR GOOD.

Once proud member of Extraordinary Gentlemen [EXG]{DESO4LIFE}

Powerful Aura

in Elementalist

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

The problem with Powerful Auras, is that it does nothing in solo playing, while there’s always the risk of any buff making it way too strong in team play.

I think that the trait should get a slight buff that also affects solo playing.
Auras last 1 second longer.

And nothing more. Keep in mind that 1 extra second adds up when you can have a build that triggers up to 4-5 auras, and especially when those auras can affect your team mates.

Powerful Aura

in Elementalist

CMstorm.8679

Thanks a lot for the support ppl.

Powerful Aura

in Elementalist

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

Being a grandmaster trait , powerful aura is in a sad state. Not only must its radius be increased, but so must the duration. 2s wouldnt be over the top for a grandmaster trait. Also 360 range is way too low.

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

Powerful Aura

in Elementalist

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

360 range is the range of Churning Earth. That’s enough, no?

Powerful Auras should affect equipment/ combo auras too.

Powerful Aura

in Elementalist

CMstorm.8679

360 range is the range of Churning Earth. That’s enough, no?

Powerful Auras should affect equipment/ combo auras too.

Especially Rune of the Fire and Rune of the Earth as well as combo auras like you said.
Maybe there needs to be at least 1 rune set that has another aura effect, maybe Rune of Grenth 6th bonus should create a frost aura on a larger cool down

Powerful Aura

in Elementalist

ThiBash.5634

The problem with Powerful Auras, is that it does nothing in solo playing, while there’s always the risk of any buff making it way too strong in team play.

You could buff your elementals. Also, apart from open world PvE, true solo play is rare…and if your build is teambased, why not find a teammate/WvW ally?

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

Powerful Aura

in Elementalist

Posted by: LelouchViBritannia.3607

LelouchViBritannia.3607

You could buff your elementals. Also, apart from open world PvE, true solo play is rare…and if your build is teambased, why not find a teammate/WvW ally?

Questing, Solo-Roaming in WVW, roaming in pvp. There are a lot of solo activities.

I command you to be AWESOME.

Powerful Aura

in Elementalist

ThiBash.5634

Questing, Solo-Roaming in WVW, roaming in pvp. There are a lot of solo activities.

Questing is open world PvE. But I suppose I should rephrase: if you’re gonna make a group build, stick with groups in WvW/sPvP. If you wanna solo, you’re obviously gonna need to make a build optimized for solo play. I don’t feel it’s unreasonable to have different trait/weapon setups for different purposes. Even if not all (Elemental Attunement) traits do so, some could. Powerful Aura is such a trait.

Powerful Aura

in Elementalist

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

My vote would be 100% duration increase and the Boons applied getting 100% increase, this and remove the sharing aspect, but hey i am greedy ^^

Powerful Aura

in Elementalist

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

My vote would be 100% duration increase and the Boons applied getting 100% increase, this and remove the sharing aspect, but hey i am greedy ^^

lol new ElE grandmaster trait

Selfish Powerful Aura
-Remove all Boons from friendlies in radius of 360 units and transfer them to the player
-Get instantly booted from group

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

Powerful Aura

in Elementalist

Posted by: Gorni.1764

Gorni.1764

possible additions:

you stole that one from my thread

Rachat – Elementalist (Abbadon’s Mouth)

Powerful Aura

in Elementalist

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

lol new ElE grandmaster trait

Selfish Powerful Aura
-Remove all Boons from friendlies in radius of 360 units and transfer them to the player
-Get instantly booted from group

Would be great for WvW, They could even make it like The Condition signet of Necromancers (before the fix) where it just COPIED the conditions but of course in this case it just copies the Boons, Maybe swap it from ally to Enemy

Powerful Aura

in Elementalist

CMstorm.8679

possible additions:

you stole that one from my thread

Whoops! Sowwy!