Powerful Aura

Powerful Aura

in Elementalist

Posted by: XDeathShadowX.2619

XDeathShadowX.2619

Weren’t the restrictions supposed to be lifted from this trait? It still doesn’t seem to activate when leaping through fire or blasting ice. Is this as intended because it makes it kind of hard to do anything with. As it is the traits for auras are all over the place spread across almost every line, and the trait auras are only going to be there if you’re getting hit which is less than ideal situation for some elementalists.

Powerful Aura

in Elementalist

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

It worked for my friend and I? So far as we’ve seen it works exactly how we imagined. Just wish the radius was bigger and Written in Stone had auras attached to it in some way still (in lieu of Fire’s Embrace).

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

Powerful Aura

in Elementalist

Posted by: Cerpin.9152

Cerpin.9152

You might just not be able to see the aura effect on other people if there is a certain amount of spell effects on the screen. That had me thinking my fire auras didn’t apply, but I asked and my friends confirmed they got it.

Powerful Aura

in Elementalist

Posted by: Glenstorm.4059

Glenstorm.4059

Hmm, I just tested it out by self-comboing a Shocking Aura with Lightning Hammer 5+2 and it didn’t give people around me the aura…hope it’s a bug.

Fear the might of SHATTERSTONE.

(edited by Glenstorm.4059)

Powerful Aura

in Elementalist

Posted by: Atoss.1056

Atoss.1056

Don’t think you get aura from that leap, only gonna daze or stun your target. But in general all auras are shared now, not only from weapon skills.

Powerful Aura

in Elementalist

Posted by: Raif.9507

Raif.9507

Hmm, I just tested it out by self-comboing a Shocking Aura with Lightning Hammer 5+2 and it didn’t give people around me the aura…hope it’s a bug.

That doesn’t grant you shocking aura, it’s a daze on your hit. You can only get Shocking Aura from the dagger air mainhand, the Tempest Defense trait in Air magic and the Arcane Resurrection trait in Arcana. These are the combo effects granted from Lightning Fields:
Blast – Area Swiftness
Leap – Dazing Strike
Projectile -Vulnerability
Whirl – Brutal Bolts

Asharìa March – 80 Elementalist
Co-Guild Leader of Prime Defense on Sanctum of Rall – www.Primedefense.net

Powerful Aura

in Elementalist

Glenstorm.4059

That doesn’t grant you shocking aura, it’s a daze on your hit. You can only get Shocking Aura from the dagger air mainhand, the Tempest Defense trait in Air magic and the Arcane Resurrection trait in Arcana. These are the combo effects granted from Lightning Fields:
Blast – Area Swiftness
Leap – Dazing Strike
Projectile -Vulnerability
Whirl – Brutal Bolts

My mistake! Shows you how often I use LH :P Thanks!

(edited by Glenstorm.4059)

Powerful Aura

in Elementalist

Glenstorm.4059

Also, the trait definitely works when blasting Ice fields. I noticed the person next to me gained a longer duration Frost Aura than I did when I blasted an Ice field under us both. It also works when gaining a Fire Aura by leaping through a Fire field.

Powerful Aura

in Elementalist

Posted by: XDeathShadowX.2619

XDeathShadowX.2619

Ah okay that makes sense, I did notice that sometimes it would share auras and I couldn’t see the effects on people. Still it bothers me that the traits for auras are so spread out for eles. It gives off a feel of a more defensive version of venom share on thieves but a full venom build takes only 2 traits for them and both of them are in the same spec, but for ele aura share you need fire to give might, air to give fury/swiftness, water to share them at all, and earth to give protection. It’d be nice if they were condensed a bit to make it feel more supportive.