Practical use of conjures

in Elementalist

Posted by: Dalanor.5387

Dalanor.5387

Q:

Sorry if this was answered in some recent topic.
If you need to use a conjure weapon, be it the greatsword or the ice bow, what class should use the other one? Assuming they using meta / competitive builds.
Thief and Ele has the most damage modifiers, so i think they are the top 2 (and thief got a built in teleport for FGS), how about the others?

edit: Question is about PvE.

(edited by Dalanor.5387)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

A:

Damage Modifier when using a conjure weapons with Meta build and rune of the scholars and sigil or night.

- Warrior : 43.3%
- Elementalist : 93.2% to 132.3% : Depend on the build, boons, but 132.3% is almost impossible to reach because so many variable need to be perfect.
- Rangers : 53.67%
- Guardian : 46.4% to 75.7% (with Aegis)
- Thief : 53.7% (or 84.4% if target under 50% hp)
- Engineer : 42.4% to 73.2% (if target have all conditions, but that pretty much impossible)
- Mesmer : 40.4% (most damage modifier help phantasm damage not yours)

I don’t really know the Necromancer enough. So the best profession is of course the Elementalist that got the best modifier even if a lot of things go wrong, and he can get a astonishing modifier if most things go right (forget about the 132%, you will never reach that in real life lol). Thief and Guardian come second with really good damage modifier, it depend on the ability of the guardian to keep Aegis up while using the conjure weapons. Rangers is not that bad at all, and most modifier can stay up without much trouble while using a conjure weapons. Engineer can be in the top if a lot of conditions are on the boss, but his damage modifier will change a lot from fight to fight. Mesmer and Warrior are the worst for conjure weapons.

Now keep in mind that i didn’t count the personal stats. For exemple, even if the Elementalist have way more damage modifier that the Warrior, he also have less offensives stats since he need to speed points in trait line that don’t give any offensive stats. Which profession are really the best would need more math that what i provide and also depend on the ability of the player to keep these damage modifier.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

in Elementalist

Posted by: Pyriall.5027

Pyriall.5027

Sorry if this was answered in some recent topic.
If you need to use a conjure weapon, be it the greatsword or the ice bow, what class should use the other one? Assuming they using meta / competitive builds.
Thief and Ele has the most damage modifiers, so i think they are the top 2 (and thief got a built in teleport for FGS), how about the others?

To one shot with FGS, Thief or Mesmer work well as well as the frost bow.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wyrden.4713

Wyrden.4713

guard has it easiet w fgs to teleport to target

just my ytb channel

FeintFate~

in Elementalist

Pyriall.5027

If you port with a target up it does not work.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

What about Merciful Intervention? It teleports to nearest ally…but I guess even if they are in melee, you could still miss. Never tested this though.

in Elementalist

Wyrden.4713

fgs4, target enemy, pop teleport

target enemy w target button :p

did several times, pretty easy, in pvp at small points extremely awesome

just my ytb channel

FeintFate~

in Elementalist

Pyriall.5027

Ports with targets didn’t work, though I didn’t test the guardian port. Will do it later, but as of last night all the ports from thief or targeted ports (with a target selected) just ported to the target with one hit. It did not hit 38 plus times that it would otherwise.

in Elementalist

Wyrden.4713

well i did it several weeks ago since i play guard in pvp only, lvl 2 ftw, but fgs eles r rare in pvp, wait , eles r rare overall anyway

just my ytb channel

FeintFate~

in Elementalist

Posted by: guanlongwucaii.3162

guanlongwucaii.3162

guardian’s judges intervention does work with fgs, you just have to be quick.

also mesmer really shouldn’t take fgs, they have terrible dmg modifiers and you miss out on a lot higher fgs ticks from a stronger dps class by giving the gs to a mesmer. of course, in places where it’s needed for mobility mesmer should take it, and mesmer is also one of the classes with a blink.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Ports with targets didn’t work, though I didn’t test the guardian port. Will do it later, but as of last night all the ports from thief or targeted ports (with a target selected) just ported to the target with one hit. It did not hit 38 plus times that it would otherwise.

I believe he means that you target after the skill is cast. If you target first for port and hit 4 and port, then you won’t get the trail and it won’t work.

in Elementalist

Dalanor.5387

also mesmer really shouldn’t take fgs, they have terrible dmg modifiers and you miss out on a lot higher fgs ticks from a stronger dps class by giving the gs to a mesmer. of course, in places where it’s needed for mobility mesmer should take it, and mesmer is also one of the classes with a blink.

Wouldn’t Empowering mantras help? Ofc they would be still behind Ele, Thief and Guardian.

in Elementalist

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

In most situations, if there is a ranger in the group, they should take priority unless they want to do some blink-trick on FGS. This is because rangers have TERRIBLE scaling on their weapons to account for pet-damage. Put an ele conjure in their hand, and all of a sudden the ranger is doing as much damage as a normal class, with the added benefit of the pet putting out 30-40% more free damage!

This is all because the conjure has normal-class scaling with stats, unlike ranger-scaling.

in Elementalist

Dalanor.5387

Thanks for the input!

in Elementalist

Posted by: KrazyFlyinChicken.5936

KrazyFlyinChicken.5936

I made a staff elementalist sPvP video which uses Fire Axe conjure. Obviously the flame axe is not the showcase here, but there are some combos in this video you might find useful.

Personally, I think staff is the only ele weapon which makes sense to use conjures because it’s the only weapon which doesn’t require you to cycle attunements quickly (so you can pause and drop a conjure). Every other weapon requires you to keep switching, so you end up slowing down your rotation and lowering your DPS.

Fort Aspenwood – Elementalist
Character name: Azilyi

(edited by KrazyFlyinChicken.5936)

in Elementalist

Posted by: guanlongwucaii.3162

guanlongwucaii.3162

Wouldn’t Empowering mantras help? Ofc they would be still behind Ele, Thief and Guardian.

highest dmg mods are roughly
ele/thief (ele higher in pure dps 0/20/25/25/0)
guardian/warrior/ranger (guard counts unscathed, ranger is worth because of trashy default weapons)
mesmer/necro/engi (engi has better things to do than fgs, necro is…)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

Personally, I think staff is the only ele weapon which makes sense to use conjures because it’s the only weapon which doesn’t require you to cycle attunements quickly (so you can pause and drop a conjure). Every other weapon requires you to keep switching, so you end up slowing down your rotation and lowering your DPS.

The question if for PvE. In PvE its the other way around. Staff do plenty of DPS by its own and the staff build is usually not the best for Conjures weapons. On the other hand, S/X is only use for might stacking and you do your DPS because of the conjure weapons.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

in Elementalist

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

Eles,warriors,guards all enjoy FGS. Sometimes a mesmer might pick it up, but not often

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister