Predict todays/tomorrows Ele Buffs and nerfs.

in Elementalist

Posted by: TakeAChance.7186

TakeAChance.7186

Use this thread to predict the next big ele patch. Here are my predictions.

~ Bunker builds are going to get nerfed by way of somehow altering the boons effectiveness.

~ Fire and Air trait lines will have some changes done to them in order to make them more viable/easier to synergize with other traits. (Hopefully Fire Aura gets moved to tier 1)

~Sceptor skills will get a buff in casting time.

~Staff skills will get a buff in casting time.

~ Evasive arcana’s properties will be tweaked ever so slightly so allow one more blast finisher.

~ Windborn Speed will be fixed

~ Magnetic Grasp will be fixed.

~Some sort of buff to the Focus skills will be applied.

These are just some things off the top of my head. What are your thoughts on what the next set of buff/nerfs will be?

I was going to rework my armour last night, but then figured I would be wise to wait for the changes.

in Elementalist

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

~You will be able to change attunements while in Mist Form

~Maybe they’ll add a trait that halves falling damage

Those are my best bet because devs already posted about them

in Elementalist

Posted by: chronometria.3708

chronometria.3708

I`ve somewhat lost hope of positive changes. Last time we had a positive feeling we instead got nerfs to tornado etc.

I remain hopeful that i may be surprised, but its a thin hope and not one i want to put much thought to.

in Elementalist

Posted by: miklo.3610

miklo.3610

-Ether Renewal nerf
- Vapor form fix so the HP doesn’t reset when it’s over.
- some buffs to conjured weapons
-some bugfixes
That’s what im expecting but I hope we will get some buff in other areas and hopefully small changes in fire and earth traits.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Comaetilico.3645

Comaetilico.3645

as said those are the confirmed change (that we hope will come today/tomorrow)

as my personal bet…

for nerf (or better to say “balancing by lowereing efficency”)

bunker and/or conditional removing are going to be toned down…

vapor form will no more reset the downed state or get some other slight adjustement to decrease the downed state capability of escapre in WvW/sPvP (altrought if they remove the downed state reset from vapor form it would also mean that we won’t get the additional downed penalty by using it and that could also sound as a buff for PvE)

for buff (or better to say “balancing by increasing efficency”)

there are really a lot of trait that could use some love… air and fire over all… and GM trait in those line are really the one which need the most love… but I doubt that we will see this…

possibly some base damage values adjustment on air/water skill

cantrip mastery finally working for mist form in PvE/WvW

lingering element working with more trait as it tooltip suggest (well… this is my hope but as for the fire/air trait I doesn’t have that much hope on this)

well… we just have to wait and see… by bet on the patch time is between 10 am pst (7pm cet) and 3 pm pst ( midnight cet)

in Elementalist

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

Better have realistic expectations. Devs haven’t mentioned Scepter/ Focus changes, so I’m not sure if they’ll get meaningful changes today.

What will possibly happen:
- Downed State/ Vapor Form toned down (was a topic of discussion in the state of pvp video).
- Boon stacking toned down (number one complain about bunker eles).
- A few changes to fire/ air traits (we know traits ar ebeing changed this patch, and we know eles are lacking at fire/ air traits, so…).
- Some bug fixes.

What is confirmed to happen:
- Signet of Air will get its movement speed buffed.
- Icy Mist’s effect will be fused with the mist form/ signet of water/ frost bow trait. In its place, we will (finally) get a fall damage trait.

Of course, there’s usually always a surprise or two, like the conjurer’s buffs last time. And knowing that this is supposed to be mostly a balancing patch, I’m hoping for more unexpected changes.

(edited by DiogoSilva.7089)

in Elementalist

Posted by: reikken.4961

reikken.4961

falling damage trait
buff to signet of air
a few bug fixes

in Elementalist

Posted by: ATC Alpha.4098

ATC Alpha.4098

-All combo fields for all weapon sets have been removed. Because that’s why.
-Damage of auto attacks is reduced from 1 damage to -1 because it hits too low.
-Dodge ability for elementalists have been removed as a fix to some unknown issue.
-Overall vitality and toughness stats have been lowered due to elementalists being 1shotted too slowly.

Enjoy.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Bsquared.3421

Bsquared.3421

You’re clairvoyance is astounding I 2nd these predictions.

Nerfedname – Elementalist
Legion of Anvil Rock [XXIV] – Anvil Rock

in Elementalist

TakeAChance.7186

Hmm, if there is a significent buff to signet of air, it will make sig builds all the more viable. Constant run speed = me being happy.

While I think some of the traits are currently lackluster, I think the biggest change would be moving some from their current tier and lowering them. It hurts too much to do an aura build with offensive properties when you need to invest 20 points into fire to get a third aura. It should be a tier 1 trait.

in Elementalist

Posted by: reikken.4961

reikken.4961

except signet builds already have permanent swiftness (and no movespeed buffs of any kind stack)
I think it’ll only help low level eles

in Elementalist

TakeAChance.7186

Signet Builds have permanent swiftness if combined with aura builds. This gives you the freedom to trait 30 Earth, 20 water, 10 arcane and 10 lightning if you want an aura build, or put the traits from arcane elsewhere if you want to improve damage or crit.

It will definitely help the non 80 ele’s.

If you are considering the 10% as their perma swiftness, 10% swiftness does not grant you the ability to run away freely.

(edited by TakeAChance.7186)

in Elementalist

Posted by: roostapro.9827

roostapro.9827

by it being a “balancing” patch I’m expecting nerfs all around as people just don’t know how to counter classes (For example, people want D/D Nerfed because we are “Too Strong” -.-) and just want it easy.

Won’t be the first time for elementalists, But I am hoping they don’t nerf D/D elementalists (if they do, yet another build down the drain) and they make others work and learn on how to counter it.

Eredon Terrace – Voladeir Roost (Ele)|Roosta (War)|Error Occurred (Gua)|Àneskâ Necrötiâ (Nec)
RoostaGW2

in Elementalist

TakeAChance.7186

The problem is, if they nerf the "Build’ then we really don’t have any solid builds.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Albane.8367

Albane.8367

-Ether Renewal nerf
-some bugfixes
That’s what im expecting but I hope we will get some buff in other areas and hopefully small changes in fire and earth traits.

Are other Elementalist finally starting to use Ether Renewal? I gave up trying to explain why it was so dominant in PvP with Cantrips a couple months ago. I have been running d/d since a couple weeks after the game came out and at the time everyone on these forums thought Staff was the only weapon for PvP.

I look forward to any changes, because running the same build is getting old. The problem is, I don’t run the Cookie Cutter 0-10-0-30-30 so I probably won’t be effected by the nerf to the arcane line.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Arheundel.6451

Arheundel.6451

-Ether Renewal nerf
-some bugfixes

Are other Elementalist finally starting to use Ether Renewal? I gave up trying to explain why it was so dominant in PvP with Cantrips a couple months ago. I have been running d/d since a couple weeks after the game came out and at the time everyone on these forums thought Staff was the only weapon for PvP.

I look forward to any changes, because running the same build is getting old. The problem is, I don’t run the Cookie Cutter 0-10-0-30-30 so I probably won’t be effected by the nerf to the arcane line.

Not surprising….
If you don’t use ether renewal…how the hell can you survive as ele with the onslaught of conditions , professions like mesmer/necro/thief can unleash on you?
I’m referring to the frequency and simplicity that these multiple stacks of conditions get applied, if you’d want to rely on cleansing water and cleansing wave(trait) you’ll be dead in no time against condition mesmer ( do nothing just dodge roll-create clones and make them shatter/be destroyed for 7s bleeding+confusion+weakness+cripple), wells necro ( lol perma bleeding+cripple+immobilize+poison+chill+fear+boon removal), caltrops thief ( 12 stacks of bleeding in 2-3s+poison+cripple)..or even a shortbow ranger ( bleeding+poison+cripple+immobilize)….no chance man

Tried other weapon sets to the best of my capabilities, you end up on the defense most times than not, because of the constant pressure that you’re not able to re-create with scepter( whose burst need buffs), staff ( no burst, slow casting, suck in 1vs1).

The only set that we can finally bring the fight to the enemy..and people ask for nerfs lol

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kilger.5490

Kilger.5490

Patches havent been kind to elementalists aside from the odd buff. I’m not hopeful.

Its hard to tell without looking at their data but as far as possible buffs I’m thinking that focus could use a buff in the dps department in fire and water, otherwise its just taking away too much to not have offhand dagger. Fire shield needs a buff for its own sake, its very underwhelming.

Nerfs to mist form on fallen is likely (I think its ok but its a potential target), other than that nothing comes to mind as particularly op in its self. Bunker builds are contrary to the spirit of the game but I dont know much about them to say. In wvwvw they arent a large factor anyway.

A large change to conjured weapons mechanics would be welcomed.

Kilger – Human Ranger
alts: Fangyre (Necro), Hardrawk (Ele);
Jade Quarry

in Elementalist

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

My prediction would be:

-Boon duration buffs from runes no longer stack.
-Superior and Major Runes of the same type no longer stack their effects.
-Elemental Attunement’s protection boon now lasts 3 seconds instead of 5.

Because seriously, although fun to use, some of the permanent boon duration gained through the Water/Water/Monk combo are a bit too powerful. Add auramancer to the mix, and suddenly all other party support becomes redundant. So expect a nerf to those traits/runes soon.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

in Elementalist

Posted by: iCryptik.1496

iCryptik.1496

I expect a buff to scepter/staff, a fix in bugs, and maybe some trait changes.

Possibly making major and superior rune effects not stack.

If they mess with anything else in relation to the current bunker build, it will make our one one non-glasscannon build suck.

Basically, if they nerf D/D and not buff anything else, I’ll probably go back to my mesmer or finish leveling my warrior.

In regards to boons, guardians stack boons like crazy, if we get a nerf they definitely need a nerf, also quite a few class can get out of immobilized, stuns, etc. just as easy as we can. I would expect them to get a nerf as well.

We’ll see what happens. Hopefully Anet does something good for one instead of giving pulling a kneejerk reaction, but we’ll see.

Edit: Ether Renewal took a blow the last patch and is fine as is.

Alshazzär
Tarnished Coast [TC]

in Elementalist

Posted by: Loco.4561

Loco.4561

Well if they nerf D/D Ele’s, they simply don’t understand their own game. The spec and playstyle requires skill and knowledge of the profession to be played well enough to make bad players cry and whinge all over the forums.

If aNet nerf it, they are simply showing that they don’t understand their own professions and game mechanics and are simply nerfing something because other players are too lazy to figure out how to counter it. Yes I play D/D Ele, I also play alt’s and guess what…on my Alt’s I kill D/D ele’s….because I know how to counter them.

Mashup Bootleg ~ WvW Mesmer
Cyrus Glitch – sPvP/tPvP Mesmer
Doctor Loki – sPvP/tPvP/WvW Power Necro

in Elementalist

Posted by: Clark Skinner.4902

Clark Skinner.4902

Nothing positive for the weapon sets I use. Buffs to the conjure and dagger mainhand, as always.

I feel like (maybe with all classes) they’re trying to make them ever so slightly weaker with each patch. The more desperate we are in battle, the more willing we will try for ascended or gem store items.

in Elementalist

Posted by: roostapro.9827

roostapro.9827

Well if they nerf D/D Ele’s, they simply don’t understand their own game. The spec and playstyle requires skill and knowledge of the profession to be played well enough to make bad players cry and whinge all over the forums.

If aNet nerf it, they are simply showing that they don’t understand their own professions and game mechanics and are simply nerfing something because other players are too lazy to figure out how to counter it. Yes I play D/D Ele, I also play alt’s and guess what…on my Alt’s I kill D/D ele’s….because I know how to counter them.

Took my words out my mouth.
Exactly this.

and tbh…………

With every patch that comes out i think to myself
“I wonder what Ele skill/trait/build got nerfed today…..”

People need to start learning on how to counter things and stop crying for nerfs, I play a D/D ele myself, and I am sick and tired of all the bad players vrying for their bottle…..

people don’t realize how to kite and how we D/D eles need to spam 30 skills just to be competitive…….

Eredon Terrace – Voladeir Roost (Ele)|Roosta (War)|Error Occurred (Gua)|Àneskâ Necrötiâ (Nec)
RoostaGW2

in Elementalist

Posted by: CurtMonash.3498

CurtMonash.3498

Nerf to Elemental Attunement. It’s too popular.

Plus of course the changes that the devs practically pre-announced.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Funny part is that D/D ele is kind of useless in real fights. Hell i don’t even get badges because warriors wipe enemies too fast. If i wanna do damage i am dead after first burning speed.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in Elementalist

Posted by: Hammerheart.1426

Hammerheart.1426

I see a lot of people complaining about D/D Eles, and I hope the Devs can see past the hype. D/D’s have great burst, great mobility, our boon stacking is fantastic. The learning curve to make the use of the giant toolbox is slightly higher than the other classes, I think. Staff is way easier to use, and Scepter has range to give you some breathing room.

We can only hope for the best for all the professions.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Navzar.2938

Navzar.2938

Hopefully it’ll be like 100b, and devs will just let people get over it. I expect a slight survivability nerf though and some bug fixes. Hopefully some small buffs to staff or scepter too, but not betting on it.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Rookni.2469

Rookni.2469

The devs did see past the hundur bladez and the ermagard backstaaarb 100k damaaarge hype. They will understand this is nothing else than what the dev himself stated as “noobs that basicly, I hate to say it, have to learn to play”.

Well.. Here´s for hoping atleast.

Commander Yolo Oh Trollo. The power is in the moustache
http://www.youtube.com/user/itsjustfiction

in Elementalist

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

The devs did see past the hundur bladez and the ermagard backstaaarb 100k damaaarge hype. They will understand this is nothing else than what the dev himself stated as “noobs that basicly, I hate to say it, have to learn to play”.

Well.. Here´s for hoping atleast.

The chances of backstab or backstab builds getting a further nerf in the future is decent. The devs have pretty much stated that they might tone down the initial burst damage and compensate it for higher sustained damage.

There’s a large difference between Backstab and Hundred Blades. Almost everything you can do can counter an Hundred Blades. It’s in no way comparable to a stealthed burst.

EDIT: And everyone knows EA is a little too strong. :P But I would personally make it a master trait, instead of nerfing it.

(edited by DiogoSilva.7089)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Leuca.5732

Leuca.5732

I hope they do not nerf our heal rotation without buffing other heal slot skills/making our survivability without it viable.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Navzar.2938

Navzar.2938

Ah but do keep in mind that we’re elementalists, making us prime targets for nerfs :P