Preferred Stats For A Support Elementalist

in Elementalist

Posted by: NewportBox.2734

NewportBox.2734

I play a standard 0/0/10/30/30 support on my Ele and would like your opinions as to what stats (gear wise) best suit such a build. The role in focus here would be one of PvE + general WvW (not specialized for WvW particularly)

Currently I am using a mix of Cleric’s and Shaman’s gear, but I cannot help but feel that I’m doing something wrong here.

So.. what three stats do you think are best for a “healing”, or support Elementalist?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Urthona.3198

Urthona.3198

I question how much you’re really getting from the condition damage on the shaman gear, especially in WvW. None of you traits really focus on improving it, and even though you’re presumably not sitting in water attunement all the time, chances are you’re switching into it fairly frequently (and subsequently giving up the chance to lay on the condition damage.) You might get more out of the power and higher healing bonus of straight cleric.

in Elementalist

NewportBox.2734

Thanks! I appreciate the reply

in Elementalist

Posted by: Morguean.6041

Morguean.6041

I use clerics masquerade gear, with sapphire gems in it, dont remember which ones, but my gear is literally clerics masquerade boots of the cleric.

http://www.gw2db.com/items/57729-clerics-masquerade-boots I have gone with more precision gear in the past (as 5% of it is converted to healing) but I found that my soloing sucked, couldnt really do anything damage wise.

in Elementalist

Posted by: DEKeyzToChaos.7381

DEKeyzToChaos.7381

I stick to Cleric’s, with a bit of Berserker’s thrown in for the Air trait that converts precision to healing and Arcane Precision (Arcane 25). Don’t know how much it’s helping because I’m too busy getting used to Orr to read the combat log, but I feel like it may be a good balance. I haven’t invested in gems or runes yet, since I don’t have full masquerade gear yet.

in Elementalist

NewportBox.2734

Thank you to all of you, I really appreciate the input.

I crafted my first Exotic for my DPS set a couple of weeks ago, and will be using this information to craft a full-on healing set

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wasselin.1235

Wasselin.1235

Why don’t you like using the mix of shaman/clerics? That is what I was working towards. Right now I use Carrion gear + clerics accessories and it seems to work fine.

As support I don’t really stay in water attunement at all, because the most powerful thing is switching INTO water attunement for healing ripple and to remove conditions.

“Please find my dear friends… Dead or Alive” -redmakoto

in Elementalist

Posted by: DEKeyzToChaos.7381

DEKeyzToChaos.7381

While condition damage is great for PvE, smart opponents in sPvP and WvW will remove those conditions very quickly, thus making all the +Condition Damage kind of useless. Those same smart opponents are the ones you’ll have to worry about killing you fast. Thus, stacking general power and survivability is thought to be superior when facing other humans.

If you play mostly PvE, then by all means stack condition damage. Very effective in that setting, and mobs don’t heal themselves often.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Korath.7402

Korath.7402

For itemizing, my opinion is power/vit/toughness is the way to go for everything except maybe some really specialized builds. I wish we had more viable options frankly.