Proposition for Lighting Flash

in Elementalist

Posted by: Velimere.7685

Velimere.7685

So now that the nerf is confirmed and ArenaNet is going back on all cantrips being stun-breakers, I’d like to propose that they give Lighting Flash back its stun-breaking property and instead remove said property from Mist Form. If you think about it, Mist Form outlasts any stun anyway, so if you pop it while stunned, you won’t be stunned anymore after it ends, so it doesn’t take as much away from the skill as it does Lighting Flash.

Lighting Flash doesn’t deserve to be nerfed into the ground as the only teleporting utility-skill in the game that doesn’t break stun!

Anyone who says Zerk is the average Joe build is an average Joe.

in Elementalist

Posted by: paleeshi.1924

paleeshi.1924

It was the most stupid nerf I’ve ever seen… I wouldn’t mind any other cantrip to have its stun breaker removed but removing it from a teleporting skill makes no sense. In such case, mesmer’s Blink should have their break stun removed as well..

in Elementalist

Posted by: Velimere.7685

Velimere.7685

Not just the Mesmer’s Blink utility-skill… Guardian and Thief have teleporting utility-skills that break stun as well.

Anyone who says Zerk is the average Joe build is an average Joe.

in Elementalist

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

The new Lightning Flash is strong.

Higher damage, shorter cooldown, and the instant teleporting by itself is enough to prevent bursts. Besides, arcane skills and any equipment’s/ scepter’s/ trait’s air skills are instant, which allow you to to burst your opponent while you are knocked down or the like.

in Elementalist

Posted by: LightningBlaze.4913

LightningBlaze.4913

I will never understand why are there people complaining about lightning flash not being a stun breaker. You can still teleport while you are stunned and that’s all it is needed to counter anyone that stuns you…. Teleport!

Heidia- The elementalist is the #1 most OP profession in this game since beta!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

I will never understand why are there people complaining about lightning flash not being a stun breaker. You can still teleport while you are stunned and that’s all it is needed to counter anyone that stuns you…. Teleport!

I assume what they want is to teleport right onto the same spot and start attacking the opponent right away, rather than teleporting away to save themselves.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Linnael.1069

Linnael.1069

It used to be that you could flash on the spot once a thief came out of stealth with basilisk, updraft, combo, end up with dead thief. Demanding that flash be used as a gap creator defies the point of glassier builds that have to put constant melee pressure on the opponent lest they be burnt down before being able to apply any damage. Ultimately, just pushes us further into the bunker meta.

Another 5s off of the CD might render it manageable, as a strong engagement tool that comes back during the fight to disengage after the first stomp.

Stormbluff Isle – Syliara
Elementalist – Necromancer – Warrior

in Elementalist

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

The new LS pushes us further into burst builds.