Pros and cons

Pros and cons

in Elementalist

Posted by: The Demonic Spirit.3157

The Demonic Spirit.3157

I’m planing on leveling my 9th alt ( ele ) , I made this build > http://tinyurl.com/qgsxm4k , but I don’t know what weapon to get
what are their pros and cons ?

What damage set is better for ele ? zerker or condition ?

All 80es > MM necro is my best ,cleric
guard ,nades eng ,Trap thief \ranger ,signet\shout warrior, zerk mes\ele & shiro rev.

(edited by The Demonic Spirit.3157)

Pros and cons

in Elementalist

Posted by: Gokil.2543

Gokil.2543

How could you have 8 level 80s and have no idea how an ele is usually built/works? o.O

Direct damage is better for elementalist, although condi kinda works too (not in sPvP or Pve though)

D/D is very mobile, but melee so takes more damage innately and therefore harder to play (and requires defensive investment)

S/D is very offensive with some very bursty combos that will make mobs explode, but lacks defense to reliably make people explode.

S/F is a slightly more sensible/defensive option that still has great bursts, but lacks the aoe dmg/cc of an OH dagger. Has much more defense in invulns/reflects.

Staff is a support control oriented weapon meant to stay at range. Can do crazy damage when built offensively but due to slow cast times and animations is pretty hard to hit people with unless on nodes.

[Walk] Elemelentalist
Youtube

Pros and cons

in Elementalist

Posted by: The Demonic Spirit.3157

The Demonic Spirit.3157

Well , I have 2 necros , guardian , thief , mesmer , engineer , ranger and warrior .
It’s time to level an elementalist , I tried it in 2012 ( thought that it’s weaker than the others ).
I hope that it got buffed since then.

What do you think about my build ? Will d\d with PVT gear be great ?

All 80es > MM necro is my best ,cleric
guard ,nades eng ,Trap thief \ranger ,signet\shout warrior, zerk mes\ele & shiro rev.

(edited by The Demonic Spirit.3157)

Pros and cons

in Elementalist

Posted by: LelouchViBritannia.3607

LelouchViBritannia.3607

Well , I have 2 necros , guardian , thief , mesmer , engineer , ranger and warrior .
It’s time to level an elementalist , I tried it in 2012 ( didn’t it weaker than that others ).

You’re in for a rough ride. Ele got nerfed HARD since 2012.

I command you to be AWESOME.

Pros and cons

in Elementalist

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

It’s time to level an elementalist , I tried it in 2012 ( thought that it’s weaker than the others ).

Things have changed. Eles are not as deadly as 2012 eles. No one wears full PVT gear nowadays.

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister