Puandro - WvW Elementalist PvP #2

in Elementalist

Posted by: Puandro.3245

Puandro.3245

http://youtu.be/3rHXZ2VjKBs (should work now)

Spec/songs ect in the YouTube link. With the Orbs being gone I decided to put the clips I had together for a 2nd video, Enjoy!

GW2 Videos WvW Ele/Thief/Mesmer/Ranger/Warrior PvP Videos
Jade Quarry – Team Savvy – #1 NA WvW Solo Guild

(edited by Puandro.3245)

in Elementalist

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

That was enjoyable D/D pvp is so much fun

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

in Elementalist

Posted by: RawkFist.1935

RawkFist.1935

It’s blocked for me.

in Elementalist

Posted by: seniledelinquent.4095

seniledelinquent.4095

That was very well played.

The loot is a lie.

in Elementalist

Puandro.3245

If you are in Germany you are screwed.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Chris.7653

Chris.7653

I am in America and I can’t watch it…

Try uploading it without copyrighted material please I would really love to watch a good ele and learn some more tricks.

in Elementalist

Puandro.3245

Ill try to find a workaround.

in Elementalist

Puandro.3245

Ok im going to re upload it and it will hopefully fix the problem, ATM the current vid won’t be available sorry.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kat.5982

Kat.5982

Is this the Puandro from DAoC?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Michael.1268

Michael.1268

Just watched your first wvw vid and enjoyed it a lot. I usually do S/D and staff, but have never really done D/D. I’m excited to try it out with a cantrip build.

Ted Theodore Logan – Elementalist
Bill S Preston Esq – Guardian
Sea of Sorrows

in Elementalist

Puandro.3245

Is this the Puandro from DAoC?

Yes.

in Elementalist

Kat.5982

Cool. Don’t think we ever fought much if at all, but I remember enjoying your vids. I’ve been roaming wvw on my D/D ele (first char), been fun but things are definitely different when you’re boosted with bad gear. Just hit 80 and am working on gear now though, so it’s nice to see you’ve had a lot of success doing what I hope to do.

in Elementalist

Puandro.3245

Cool. Don’t think we ever fought much if at all, but I remember enjoying your vids. I’ve been roaming wvw on my D/D ele (first char), been fun but things are definitely different when you’re boosted with bad gear. Just hit 80 and am working on gear now though, so it’s nice to see you’ve had a lot of success doing what I hope to do.

Thanks. I only have my 2nd VW video uploaded atm, i should really get around to upload the rest. I suggest you get AC/HoTW Power/Toughness/Vit gear then you have the option for Cond/Pow/Vit Jewelry (What i run), or Heal/Pow/Tough or Power/Preci/Tough. You can watch the first vid to get an idea of what I do.

in Elementalist

Kat.5982

I did watch it, was some good fights. Do you find that much tankiness is really necessary? I’d been thinking of running a setup with berserker type stats on the armor and then a bit of vit/toughness on the jewelry so it wasn’t full glass cannon.

Currently I’m running high crit with the Renewing Stamina trait in arcane for permanent vigor and using the extra dodge rolls for my defense combined with Evasive Arcana. It seems to be working, but I’ve only pve’ed since hitting 80 so I don’t know what it’s like fully geared up.

in Elementalist

Puandro.3245

Elementalist is about outlasting your opponent so you need to survive burst from multiple classes. You can mess with different gear for sure but there are many times where i soak the hits to get the kill and i have 2-3K left of my 23K HP.

in Elementalist

Puandro.3245

New link, hopefully it won;t be blocked…..

in Elementalist

Puandro.3245

Feedback is welcome guys.

in Elementalist

Kat.5982

Puandro.3245

Elementalist is about outlasting your opponent so you need to survive burst from multiple classes. You can mess with different gear for sure but there are many times where i soak the hits to get the kill and i have 2-3K left of my 23K HP.

I watched the video and checked out your build/spec, and I think you favor soaking damage whereas I prefer trying to avoid it. I’m interested to see if that is just play style (iirc you played pally, reaver, then vw in DAoC), or if once I do more real pvp I’ll find that running that level of damage soak is just the better way to build.

For now, I’m going to go with my original plan (gotta justify that 400 tailoring somehow) and then swap in more defensive pieces until I find the sweet spot for me.

Quick question, I’ve noticed in both your videos you almost always use the water elemental for your elite. I’ve never really tested them much, but have generally gone for fire for damage or lightning for stuns. Is the heal from the water elemental that good? About the only time I’ve ever used it is when I was accidentally on water when I cast the skill.

Overall though video was really good. Only things I noticed were I wasn’t a fan of the death metal, and also, this might be personal preference, I think the water fights in this game are unbelievably abysmal and wouldn’t mind not seeing them in videos. Otherwise, really good.

in Elementalist

Puandro.3245

Water ele AoE heals for about 6-7K but its also good for the chill field, which is awesome. Air elemental is freaking useless. Fire elemental is good damage yes but usually i don’t die because of lack of damage to the enemy. I soak damage because there is only so much you can dodge and with 3 auras i prefer to get hit to apply their effects. You could justify going more offensive but you will be 1v2+ almost always so you need to be able to win the fight by attrition or just GTFO.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Chris.7653

Chris.7653

Hey man, heads up from America. It works perfect and I threw you a like on the vid for going through all the trouble of re-uploading.

in Elementalist

Puandro.3245

Hey man, heads up from America. It works perfect and I threw you a like on the vid for going through all the trouble of re-uploading.

Thanks bro, Ill prob do another D/D vid before i switch to another weapon spec.

in Elementalist

Kat.5982

Well, I tried going into wvw again. I’m only half geared, but it still gave me a pretty good idea of what to expect. Basically, the reasoning I used in this build doesn’t pan out in actual pvp in this game. My main thinking was bursting someone down before help would arrive. Unfortunately, everything is so close together that there’s ALWAYS help on the way and fights never stay 1v1.

My other thought was using permanent vigor and dodges to avoid damage rather than absorbing it. Sadly, that doesn’t work either. For one thing, RTL bugs out almost every time I use it, and I sit there unable to do anything with my glass cannon build while the enemy just bursts me down without me being able to react. At least a third of my deaths tonight have been from RTL serving me up as a free kill with more powerful cc than anything the enemy could have done themselves.

Also, the dodging really isn’t coming into play the way I’d hoped. It kind of works in 1v1, but you can’t reliably dodge two people, and a single cc I can’t purge is death. Pets are also doing a real number on me as I don’t have enough dodges for both them and the owner, and the kitten things do almost as much damage as I do.

The other problem is just that the glass cannon ele straight up sucks. My full combo takes someone to half, and then they turn around and kill me instantly. The damage just isn’t great, and if any part of the combo goes wrong for any reason, it’s just terrible.

So ya, I’m going to be rethinking my build and probably copying a lot of things from yours. I already have the full set of berserker’s armor, but I’m going to go super heavy vit/toughness on everything else now to try to make up for it.

in Elementalist

Posted by: NdranC.5107

NdranC.5107

I find your build interesting and I had some questions.

Why 20 instead of 10 in air? What 20% less CD on air skills and Electric Discharge is giving you that 10 points extra in arcana (lower attunement recharge + boon duration + Final Shielding or Renewing Stamina) or earth for that matter doesn’t give you? Maybe even fire for 3 might on cantrip usage.

Since you have so many boons going on at once don’t you thing 2 monk and 2 water runes will be better for you?

Love you video editing skills btw, really entertaining. I also don’t particularly like that kind of metal, but it had its moments

PS: You should consider making a video explaining your build and commenting/explaining some of your combat with rotations. I noticed you skip churning earth quite a bit every time you step into earth.

(edited by NdranC.5107)

in Elementalist

Puandro.3245

20% Reduction to air is very good. It reduces Shocking aura meaning its up almost as soon as i go back into air, 20s vs 25s is a huge difference. It also reduces my #5 and thats my set up to burst. Yah i do skip churning earth if i feel i won’t get it off or i will take too much damage, but when i go for it i rarely fail.. Im not a big fan of commentary TBH but i might throw in some more tips. More boon duration would be good but i really like runes fo earth, not just because the aura procs my traits for auras but it basically makes you immune to range damage, its so great. I listen to many different kind of music so expect a different variety in the future.

in Elementalist

Posted by: jlneedham.8219

jlneedham.8219

Finally a wvw video that includes not only a disturbed track but also a Lamb of God track. I’ve thought about making a video using some of LoG’s tunes for so long. Thank u for this,I almost cried. Oh and good ele skills by the way. Can’t wait to get mine leveled up.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kuthos.9623

Kuthos.9623

While I’d love to have some more boon duration, Runes of Earth are a lifesaver. I can’t count the number of times I’ve been under 20% health and escaped because of it. Highly reccomend it.

While you can’t get away with full glass cannon d/d build, I dont believe you have to go full on tankiness build like he does either.

I run about 17.5k health and do well enough. It’s offensive enough that I feel I can burst people down, but defensive enough that I can get away from a lot of things.

While he probably has a better time in 1v2 and 1v3, with a little more offense build you can turn the tide of group fights by teleporting into the middle of them and letting loose a whole bunch of aoes, then zipping out.

The water elemental heals for that much? I may have to test it again. Or maybe I’m just not close enough to it. Seemed like it never healed me at all so I went back to using the fire elemental.

Anyways, good video

in Elementalist

Kat.5982

While I’d love to have some more boon duration, Runes of Earth are a lifesaver. I can’t count the number of times I’ve been under 20% health and escaped because of it. Highly reccomend it.

While you can’t get away with full glass cannon d/d build, I dont believe you have to go full on tankiness build like he does either.

I run about 17.5k health and do well enough. It’s offensive enough that I feel I can burst people down, but defensive enough that I can get away from a lot of things.

While he probably has a better time in 1v2 and 1v3, with a little more offense build you can turn the tide of group fights by teleporting into the middle of them and letting loose a whole bunch of aoes, then zipping out.

The water elemental heals for that much? I may have to test it again. Or maybe I’m just not close enough to it. Seemed like it never healed me at all so I went back to using the fire elemental.

Anyways, good video

I think you’re right. I actually went ahead and respecced my traits to Puandro’s build and tried again, and it was just stupid. I didn’t change my gear at all; was still a full suit of berserker’s armor with fairly offensive jewelry. I went from having extreme trouble 1v1 to winning every single 1v1, most 1v2s, and even a 1v3 vs some low levels. And that’s still being a half way geared fresh 80.

I ended up going 2 Hoelbrak, 2 Dwayna, and 2 Water for runes. I think the Earth set is probably better, but all six of those cost me about as much as one Earth rune. After I finish getting my gear and start getting spare cash, I’ll go for the Earth set.

I think that with the defensive runes, the pow/tough/vit daggers I’m farming in AC, and balanced jewelry, I should be pretty well off.

in Elementalist

Posted by: jlneedham.8219

jlneedham.8219

Puandro, what would the equivalent of your gear be in SPVP, as in what amulet/jewel combo would i need to recreate this?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wreck.2634

Wreck.2634

Great watch! Inspired me to keep leveling my ele. Got a like from me

in Elementalist

Puandro.3245

Puandro, what would the equivalent of your gear be in SPVP, as in what amulet/jewel combo would i need to recreate this?

Soliders amulet, you can also run Carrion if you want for more damage and still have good health, berserker is also an option. When i play mine with this spec in tPvP i swap amulets depending on what im doing.

in Elementalist

Puandro.3245

Anyways, good video

Yes the Water Elemental from the Elite heals that much. I do take a bit more time to kill people 1v1 but my whole point is to increase my chance to win 1v2+. You can play this build with almost any gear set and do well.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wreck.2634

Wreck.2634

Hey have you done any s/tPvP videos with ele, what about commentary?

in Elementalist

Puandro.3245

I don’t like doing commentary but ill think about it since so many people are asking for it, maybe in the future. I have a few s/tPvP vids but they are a bit old when i was still messing with my ele and i didn’t flow from 1 attunement to the next like i do now.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Blackbird.4382

Blackbird.4382

This vid needs more cowbell!! And commentary. Nice vid bro.

Ranger/Thief/Elementalist/Warrior – Fort Aspenwood
DAOC Vet – Etheria & Schado Fox

in Elementalist

Posted by: Naracion.6597

Naracion.6597

thanks for posting this. I am leveling up a elem now and its great to see what they are capable of.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Masshypnosis.9367

Masshypnosis.9367

Nice Movie…..

I saw you have 6 runes of Earth. Why donĀ“t you go for 6 Runes of Dolyak.
Is the 20% protection duration better then life + regeneration?

in Elementalist

Posted by: nvmvoidrays.2158

nvmvoidrays.2158

@ masshypnosis: the regeneration on dolyak is like 30 health. that’s… really bad.

in Elementalist

Puandro.3245

@ masshypnosis: the regeneration on dolyak is like 30 health. that’s… really bad.

Protection and Magnetic Aura are just too good.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Trevorn.7105

Trevorn.7105

Awesome video Puandro,
I am attempting to run this build in sPvP and could use some advise

1)Killing anyone seems to take a long time. I can take people out but its very slow going
2)The high mobility is great but usually takes me off the point which ends ups with lost point

Any suggestions? I am still pretty new to the build so maybe the low damage is just my skill timing but I am not very sure at this point.