PvE Fun, PvP Nightmare

PvE Fun, PvP Nightmare

in Elementalist

Posted by: PlatypusRex.3428

PlatypusRex.3428

I just deleted yet another “ele needs balance/help” thread I started to write because I realized that the only two responses I will get are “we fell ya, bro” and “L2P you kitten nub.”

I know we need to wait. I know, I know, I know….

It’s just so darn frustrating to lose in PvP when there’s nothing you can do about it. It’s lame to know that the loss has more to do with inherent advantages/disadvantages than player ability. Maybe I’ll try thief and I too can experience the joy of 7000-9000 damage hits.

I actually turned the game off tonight because I was so frustrated. It was the first time. That’s all I really wanted to say. I’ll try again tomorrow. My fear is that if I keep feeling like this, I’ll end up wandering off to get my fix from another title where I feel like my planning and skill have a real bearing on the outcome.

If you’re warming up your trollish little fingers to fire off a L2P response, just don’t. I’m venting. Keep your leetness to yourself, please.

I’m not crying nerf/buff. Anet can figure that out. I know we need to wait. I know, I know, I know. I just don’t know how much longer I’m willing to wait.

/yellingintotheether.

PvE Fun, PvP Nightmare

in Elementalist

PlatypusRex.3428

Amazing,

Just writing let me vent. Back into the mists to try the focus because, hey, why not?

PvE Fun, PvP Nightmare

in Elementalist

Posted by: Arian.2850

Arian.2850

I don’t mean to be offensive but if you lose to the majority of people who run around in the hot join matches you are clearly doing something wrong. Try out different builds and practice a little, get to know your class. The only thing that really destroys us elementalists are the bugs on a variety of skills (Dragon’s Tooth, Ride the Lightning, Fire Grasp – just look at the bugged skills thread).

PvE Fun, PvP Nightmare

in Elementalist

Posted by: Bard.7215

Bard.7215

How are you playing? I’ve had luck with a survival heavy Earth/Water DD build.

Sort of like building a sandcastle

PvE Fun, PvP Nightmare

in Elementalist

PlatypusRex.3428

1. I’m not losing to a majority. Most one-on-one encounters I’m ok, but certain classes seem almost impossible to counter. Sigh, I guess I’m getting tired of being bumrushed by 4 thieves on one team. I am using cleric’s or divinity’s gear.

2. I’ve tried staff, D/D Auramancer primarily. I usually do 0/10/0/30/30 w/ focus on cantrips, I usually have Mist, Flash, ArmorEarth (sometimes wave). I’ve tried a 20/10/10/X build for more individual auras too.

3. Now that I’ve had some time to process, I think I was really more upset by my team not performing well. I find that a lot of times I’m the only one guarding a point, especially when it is prudent to do so. That’s when that lone thief comes up and spanks the crap out of me.

PvE Fun, PvP Nightmare

in Elementalist

Posted by: Crunchy Gremlin.5798

Crunchy Gremlin.5798

I have more fun playing the ele when i play it with scepter/dagger.
when i play with focus i can stay alive but i have trouble killing stuff which results in me dying.

PUG spvp is hard. when the opponents have voice chat or are just good its hard to compete when learning an ele. nothing feels strong enough.

run away more.

PvE Fun, PvP Nightmare

in Elementalist

Posted by: Animosity.5231

Animosity.5231

Don’t take 8v8 seriously. The win bonus is 20~ points, so no one bothers trying to win. It’s better to zerg around to maximize glory.

Try 5v5, you might have a little better luck, but those times you get 4v5, or someone on your team gets the eternal loading screen, or you go against a good pre-made can be really aggravating. I suggest spending a little time in the Mists putting together a team and getting in on a Mumble or Vent server.

The D/D Auramancer build is good. Swap out Armor of Earth for Cleansing Fire, and use a Valk’s amulet. Better DPS output, and your best bet for survivability are healing/toughness. Even in 8v8 I don’t die often. If you want stability, take Tornado, cast it and cancel it immediately. 24 seconds is more than enough time to burn down 1 or 2 people on a node if they aren’t straight bunkers.

PvE Fun, PvP Nightmare

in Elementalist

Posted by: Otaur.9268

Otaur.9268

I can do pretty well, but get a mesmer + thief on me at same time, im screwed. The amount of conditions / confusion they can stack combined with the thiefs annoying 5 – 14k dmg every 2 seconds is just to much to live through. Manage to get Mesmer down, but thief on your back next thing u know boom 5.5k from illusionary rogue, and downed. Once downed i just give up as an Ele, looking for that AutoKillMeNow_Button

Blackfang’s Demon Alliance [BfDA]

PvE Fun, PvP Nightmare

in Elementalist

Posted by: Animosity.5231

Animosity.5231

Thief/Mesmer 2v1 is heavily lopsided. The only way to do it is kill the phantasms as they come up, then switch to the Thief. Focus the Thief as even with stealth he’ll likely die fastest, particularly if you’re fast with any AoE CC when they pop Shadow Refuge. Most times the thief will stay in it hoping for an easy backstab re-open, or to stack stealth.