[PvE] Plasma Weaver

[PvE] Plasma Weaver

in Elementalist

Posted by: lLobo.7960

lLobo.7960

The build editor is up and running with the PoF elites and stats so its time to theoricraft…

I’ve been wanting to try this since I saw the weaver and griever stats

Plasma Weaver

The idea is to maximize burn duration with just food, trait and runes and use griever stats to improve direct dmg with air traits.

This way you get the maximum of burn duration where it provides the maximum for the slot (runes, sigils, food, traits) while keeping all the big dmg boosts and ferocity boosts that stats and the traitlines can provide.

100% Burn duration: 20% on att swap, 15% from food, 20% from fire trait, 45% from runes.
Tons of direct dmg mods: 10% against burning foes, 10% while in fire, 30% against stuned foes (trait+sigil), 20% against foes under 50% hp, 7% against weakened foes, 10% on att swap, 5% from sigil.

On group scenarios the healing stance helps a bit with sustain and applies burns thanks to the runes of Balth.

You have good mobility to stay on target with air #2 and air #4 and elite stance speed

The rotation will be swaping between air-fire-fire, the dual attack on air/fire deals great dmg and the pure fire #3 and #5 deal massive dmg to burning targets. If your group can deal with breakbars well (you have tons of CC to help) this will make a massive burst.

On oponents without breakbars, air #2 folowed by fire #3 and #5 will deal massive burst.

Another option (in case dmg against stunned foes is not viable) is to swap impact sigil with smoldering and swap the runes with flame legion. This will give you further 7% dmg against burning foes and overcap burning duration for 5%

TL/DR: Get all the big numbers of zerker crits with the big ticks of viper burns in one build!

(edited by lLobo.7960)

[PvE] Plasma Weaver

in Elementalist

Posted by: bOTEB.1573

bOTEB.1573

Personally, I would go d/d until they buff the sword. Atm, it has lower dmg, higher skill casting times and lower range.

[PvE] Plasma Weaver

in Elementalist

Posted by: Feanor.2358

Feanor.2358

I think you’ll need at least the Accuracy sigil to account for the loss of Precision from Griever stats.

[PvE] Plasma Weaver

in Elementalist

bOTEB.1573

How about this?

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJAsYnMIClNg1MAONAM5iFBA7+VHrv1BBgQ5BoYT2EPDA-jxRBQBjV5XWV/BAPAA0qE0f7P8U9AN7EAEA4AIxDgxHf8xHf8u+8zP/8zP/8zP/8yA4PGA-e

You can change Master’s Fortitude with Superior ELements if you drop the sword and go dagger main hand. Also, Superior Elements doesn’t give 7% bonus dmg against weakened foes but +7% critical chance – the difference is huge.

Also, you are skipping the earth attunement and miss a huge bleeding condition and overall huge dmg lose. Your rotation should include Fire, Air and Earth, even water.

It is just that the weaver is an elite spec that is meant to swap the attunements a lot. Keeping this in mind it is just not reasonable to drop Arcana.

(edited by bOTEB.1573)

[PvE] Plasma Weaver

in Elementalist

Feanor.2358

Pyromancer’s Training > Power Overwhelming and Master’s Fortitude is not necessary for PvE. You end up with low crit chance which will hurt your power damage a lot, but you don’t have enough burn duration to offset that… if offsetting it is even possible on a hybrid build.

[PvE] Plasma Weaver

in Elementalist

bOTEB.1573

Arcane Fury gives you 20% crit chance for 2.5sec, with the concentration bonus u get you will have it for 3 sec, which is enough to keep it up with good rotation. But yeah we can drop master’s fortitude for +7% crit chance.

[PvE] Plasma Weaver

in Elementalist

Feanor.2358

Fury is assumed to have 100% uptime, so I’m already counting that.