[PvP] 3 things to make GC viable

in Elementalist

Posted by: Malcastus.6240

Malcastus.6240

List three things you think would make an offensive elementalist viable in PvP.

• 1. Make a grandmaster fire trait that changes fire fields into smoke fields. 3 sec invisibility for example. We have access to a smoke field underwater, so why not above. Exchanging might, aura and fire projectiles for invisibility and blindness.
  • 2. Add an adept or master fire trait that allows you to increase the damage of arcane utility skills (Arcane Blast/Wave/Power/Shield) by 20%. Your offense has to be strong to compensate for the lack of defensive measures. You are sacrificing almost, if not all utility slots for needed damage output, and current damage isn’t much.
  • 3. The above.

P.S. I don’t believe it would cause any balance issues in WvW or PvE, as commanders would fancy fire fields, and use mesmers or thieves for invisibility. In PvE, your team would demand might stacking over invisibility, and the added damage to arcane utilities wouldn’t tilt the balance, as elementalist skills have mediocre damage to begin with.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Rhoto.8791

Rhoto.8791

1. Dependable burst – high damage skills that actually have a decent chance to land

2. More HP – our base HP is just far too low to go full GC, maybe an absorption shield mechanic.

3. More Mobility – I understand the nerf for bunker/balanced builds. For GC to be feasible though we need a way to get in and out of fights quickly. Maybe reduction of RTL CD as a 30 pt Air trait? Something like that.

Number 1 is the most important though.. I can’t tell you how many times my target is right in front of me and fire grab still misses, or how hard it is to hit a good player with burning speed, dragons tooth, even phoenix.

Chipsu – Elementalist
Maguuma [SWäG]
Original [OG] (good times)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Razor.6392

Razor.6392

Higher base damage (power coefficients) on our autoattacks.

Revert renewing stamina trait back to how it used to work.

Level 60 pvp
Ele & thief main (full ascended)
Down with the braindead faceroll classes.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Xenon.4537

Xenon.4537

Guess I’ll throw in my peanut gallery ideas.

1. Make attunement swap a flat 10 second cooldown with no reduction from arcana, other than maybe -2 or 3 seconds on a grandmaster trait.
2. Remove Elemental Attunement and add it’s effects to the respective 5 point traits in each line.
3. Make arcana use a new mechanic. Remove the Arcane Shield skill and Final Shielding trait. Instead, give the elementalist a passive effect called Arcane Mastery. This effect grants a shield similar to Aegis but only blocks projectiles (unless otherwise traited, probably a grandmaster trait). The shield is always active and blocks 1 attack before going on a 90 second cooldown. While the shield is active, the elementalist deals X% additional damage. At 10 trait points Arcane Mastery blocks 2 attacks and adds slightly more damage while the shield is up. At 20 it blocks 3 attacks, and 30 it blocks 4, etc.
4. Make grandmaster traits in fire, air, and earth about 900x better to bring them in line with water and arcana.
5. I feel like all water skills should have more vulnerability and chill, fire skills should add a little more burning, air should have its critical damage increased, and earth should have a hell of a lot more bleeds. I think mechanically as a crit/burst ele you should be setting up your target by dowsing them in water and spiking them with a lightning strike since water conducts electricity. And as a condition ele you should be combining fire and stone to blast foes with molten slag. The elements feel too disconnected and yet homogenous as they currently are.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Chaotic Storm.2815

Chaotic Storm.2815

I would love it if we had a trait that adapted to our current weapons.

Daggers- Gain X increase in Speed/Damage
Focus- Gain X Vit/Toughness
Scepter- Gain X burst damage
Staff- Gain X condition damage
something along those lines

#ELEtism

in Elementalist

Posted by: Swimsasa Stoon.8936

Swimsasa Stoon.8936

replace fiery aura with plasma aura, makes you invulnerable for 5 seconds+burns foes. That way the current (30% longer fire fields) would be way more useful and the ’ fire aura’ on the focus would be way better because the currect focus fire skills are crappy. Plus this would allow elementalists to give better group support while being offensivly specced.

in Elementalist

Xenon.4537

replace fiery aura with plasma aura, makes you invulnerable for 5 seconds+burns foes. That way the current (30% longer fire fields) would be way more useful and the ’ fire aura’ on the focus would be way better because the currect focus fire skills are crappy. Plus this would allow elementalists to give better group support while being offensivly specced.

We already have 2 invulnerability spells: Mist Form and Obsidian Flesh. Not to mention auras can be shared, and fire aura can be procced off signets. So you want to be able to proc a new invulnerability shield that lasts 5 seconds, can be shared to allies, and can be procced 4 times from signets plus 1 more time fro the focus? Thats 25 seconds of shared burning invulnerability shields shared across up to 5 people. Lol.

in Elementalist

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

I just really want a god mode button.

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

in Elementalist

Posted by: Caffynated.5713

Caffynated.5713

1. Condition removal outside of water. I would like a minor trait in fire called cauterize that removes 1 condition when you attune to fire.
2. The 5 point traits outside of water/arcana are all bad. Move the 15 point traits to 5 points and create new minor master traits. Something on par with healing ripple.
3. Make lingering elements work the way every person who ever read the description thought it would.
4. Improve all of the weak traits in the top 3 lines to be on par with equivalents from other classes. Warriors get -20% cooldowns and might on crit for 50% of their weapon skills with one trait. Ele gets -20% cooldowns and nothing for 25% of their weapon skills (e.g. Air IX could be -20% cooldowns in air and reduce the cooldown of movement abilities (in all attunements) by an additional 33%. (burning speed, abilities that grant swiftness, ride the lightning, magnetic grasp, etc.)

“We recognize that the changes to [ele] will essentially remove it from play. In the future,
we may consider whether or not there is an incarnation of [ele] that would be viable
but balanced. For now, we do not expect it to see serious use.” – ANet

in Elementalist

Xenon.4537

3. Make lingering elements work the way every person who ever read the description thought it would.

Agreed x 9001. Anet are masters of misleading skill/trait descriptions.

in Elementalist

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

focus earth has condition removal outside of water.

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

in Elementalist

Posted by: Swimsasa Stoon.8936

Swimsasa Stoon.8936

We already have 2 invulnerability spells: Mist Form and Obsidian Flesh. Not to mention auras can be shared, and fire aura can be procced off signets. So you want to be able to proc a new invulnerability shield that lasts 5 seconds, can be shared to allies, and can be procced 4 times from signets plus 1 more time fro the focus? Thats 25 seconds of shared burning invulnerability shields shared across up to 5 people. Lol.

wouldn’t that be awesome

in Elementalist

Posted by: Raven.9603

Raven.9603

you simply cant spec and gear for dps because of paper armor and 10k base health and no class mechanics to support taking less damage like stealth or clones or deathshroud. we have to trait defensively. ontop of this, arcane really cant ever become optional unless base attunement swap speed is adjusted, but that is a huge separate issue.

if fire/air/earth trait specs are ever going to be viable, they are going to need some serious survivability. earths embrace is a good start but we need something consistantly passive and not just a built in oh crap button. more importantly, traits should effect all spells and not just that specific skill line.

Earth:

• Double the toughness value of StoneFlesh(minor), and make it active in all attunements.
  • Change Enduring Damage(minor), elementalist now takes 20% less damage under half health, 30% less damage under 25% health

Air:

• Change Zephyrs speed(minor) to 25% in all attunements.
  • Change Weakspot(minor) to a passive evade. Maybe 33% chance, with a 3 second internal cd. Rename it something windy.

Fire:

• Flame Barrier(minor) works on ranged and melee attacks, 50% chance when struck, all attunements.
  • Change Burning Rage(minor) to function like [Glyph of Renewal: Fire Attunement]. For those not familiar, when the elementalist is downed, the elementalist automatically rallies. Rename it something about a Phoenix, 90-120sec cooldown.
SBI | Oceans | Ranger – Thief – Ele – Eng – Nec – Guard – Rev
Celestial Avatar is like an old man: Takes forever to get up and is spent in 4 seconds

(edited by Raven.9603)

in Elementalist

Xenon.4537

wouldn’t that be awesome

Yeah, and then they should just give us the unshakeable and determined buff permanently. Also righteous indignation, and remove all the cooldowns and cast times of our spells. xD

in Elementalist

Posted by: The Game Slayer.7632

The Game Slayer.7632

1. Dependable burst – high damage skills that actually have a decent chance to land

2. More HP – our base HP is just far too low to go full GC, maybe an absorption shield mechanic.

3. More Mobility – I understand the nerf for bunker/balanced builds. For GC to be feasible though we need a way to get in and out of fights quickly. Maybe reduction of RTL CD as a 30 pt Air trait? Something like that.

Number 1 is the most important though.. I can’t tell you how many times my target is right in front of me and fire grab still misses, or how hard it is to hit a good player with burning speed, dragons tooth, even phoenix.

i ONLY agree with more mobility, because, its kitten. i run full GC on my ele all the time, and, believe me when i say, it hits harder than a thief. as for defense? run the cantrips, lol. yeah… the health is reallllllyyy reallllllyyy low.. but when people run in for a stun on me, or try to burst me when ill just dodge and tele or pop Armor of earth. the only reason our burst is more worse than a thieves is because its incredibly complicated to use unlike every other class. my burst is this exactly (earthquake + lightning flash to tele to make sure quake lands + fire attunement + phoenix right behind them to hit them 3 times+ fire grab+ fire ring+ air attune+lighting strike+ RTL + updraft + arc lightning till dead. switch to water when needed to heal. ) BTW this is scepter dagger. now isnt that a kitten load more complicated than a thieves 5+f1+1+2-2-2-2-2-2? id say so. to wrap things up tho, dont rely on a fire grab.. they hit hard but you cannot rely on it. i can take down almost anything that doesnt run stunbreakers, and even then, i can just arc lightning them down for 5k every 3 seconds. (depending on armor). mobility is only problem.

I am a teef
:)

in Elementalist

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

I just really want a god mode button.

God Mode Button- [Elite] Transform into a thief for 60 seconds. 120 second cooldown.

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

in Elementalist

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

I need a like button.

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA