PvP: Chill and Attunement swap

in Elementalist

Posted by: Glenstorm.4059

Glenstorm.4059

Should Chill continue to affect Attunement swap?

-On the one hand, we have quite a few ways to clean conditions, along with traits like Geomancer’s Defense and Stop, Drop and Roll (lel)

-On the other hand, Chill is pretty spammable nowadays and it is very possible to maintain nearly 100% uptime. It is very dangerous to Elementalists in particular as it hinders our core mechanic not just our core mechanic, but also affects our access to weapon skills. So every one of our non-yolozerk builds needs to account for Chill removal, whether through Traits or equipment (Svanir runes?), somewhat limiting build diversity. No other class (to my knowledge…feel free to correct me) has its mechanic affected by ChillThief initiative regeneration rate is (rightly, IMO) outright immune to Chill, presumably because it would affect their access to weapon skills.

Would love to hear your thoughts.

Fear the might of SHATTERSTONE.

(edited by Glenstorm.4059)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

Change baseline 10% Damage reduction in Earth to -20% condi duration….

in Elementalist

Posted by: posthumecaver.6473

posthumecaver.6473

Look to my thread for more then 1 year.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/Chill-equally-effective-against-all-classes

As you might see I voiced the theme quite long time ago, did ANet do anything about it, no, will ANet do something about it, probably not.

We have to sux for a year in the state that we are.

in Elementalist

Posted by: CutesySylveon.8290

CutesySylveon.8290

Shroud for necromancer is affected by chill, both its skills and its actual CD.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Sigmoid.7082

Sigmoid.7082

I believe thief is the only class with their profession mechanic not being effected by chill.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Glenstorm.4059

Glenstorm.4059

Ah okay, thanks. I have amended my OP.

Still, Chill affects Elementalists more than the other classes, since it affects not just our mechanic, but also our access to weapon skills. It would be like other classes having their weapon swap affected by Chill.

Fear the might of SHATTERSTONE.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Shiyo.3578

Shiyo.3578

Chill should not work on attunements. It’s a huge oversight or an outdated mechanic designed before reaper was created and not balanced around the current game.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

Shroud for necromancer is affected by chill, both its skills and its actual CD.

That’s because it’s actually a skill, not their substitute for a weapon swap.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Senario.2038

Senario.2038

Absolutley not. I think that affecting regular cooldowns is more than enough. The same goes for other “swaps” that take time like legend swaps.

in Elementalist

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

This is because anet made attune swap have a skill attribute instead of swap. Ever notice changing attunements makes confusion and signet of restoration proc? I believe this was the solution to us not taking advantage of -1s weapon swap on some runes. Was probably just easier for the programmer. I do believe they need to re-engage this though.

Bad Elementalist

in Elementalist

Posted by: Pyriall.1683

Pyriall.1683

Look to my thread for more then 1 year.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/Chill-equally-effective-against-all-classes

As you might see I voiced the theme quite long time ago, did ANet do anything about it, no, will ANet do something about it, probably not.

We have to sux for a year in the state that we are.

It’s all because of Grouch. He knows what he did. I would like to tell you it’s Karl’s fault, but he doesn’t know any better. He just likes making sound effects with his mouth.