(PvP) Diviner and protection

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mr Godlike.6098

Mr Godlike.6098

This amulet is kinda weird and I wondered why arena put it in pvp. I test it on old auramancer build and poof – I had always permanent protection (like 27s didn’t even try to stack it). Any thoughts guys?

Still amulet seems like a bad idea – I tested in few matches and against my pro thief friend and my ele simply exploded in seconds. But maybe in Diviner is some hint how to develop something workable.

Was depressed ele…now depressed druid
Kawaleria (KW)

in Elementalist

Posted by: OneKlicKill.4285

OneKlicKill.4285

Yeah with protection, earth damage reduction trait scrapper runes damage reduction frost aura and a medium stat amulet of toughness, without vitality you can still be 100-0 in less than a second or 2 if you miss time a Dodge and you’ll never be able to heal it back up. There has been way too much damage power creep and self sustain for other classes for us to compete as we lose at both in equivalent damage builds. Ele us not reasonably viable in any amulet that is not stacking at least 2 defensive traits, you cannot afford to take one of the new amulets, if you can’t stay alive what good is buff duration?

Please skill/trait split and give control to the PvP team. Karl is fucking killing us

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kyon.9735

Kyon.9735

Tried this as well. Perma 40% damage reduction from Protection won’t help you at all with low armor and HP. With no healing power, perma regen means nothing. You may even get below 30% when trying to stomp the NPC Necro rofl

in Elementalist

Mr Godlike.6098

Your might be right guys but i still wanna look in boon duration effect on class but as for diviner this amulet seems garbage…

Kawaleria (KW)

in Elementalist

Posted by: lucadiro.4519

lucadiro.4519

I tried both new amulet. No way to make them viable, a thief or a rev can just burst you really easy.

But you can actually have some fun in the new map (since it is huge) with fresh air, inscription and the trait that give you fury and swiftness from aura.
Slot glyph heal skill + glyph of elementalist power and enjoy the perma boons + 4 breack stuns lol

Parabrezza

in Elementalist

Posted by: SneakyTouchy.6043

SneakyTouchy.6043

It’s viable on a perma-quickness/stability/25 might juggernaut as long as you’re not fighting necros, thieves, or anything that carries retaliation. It’s basically power engi on steroids except it has too many hard counters.

Bah who am I kidding, this amy sux.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

I tried a similar build OP. this build is very dps like. tried fire, earth tempest. got perma might and perma protection. and this build opening burst is insane espically with warhorn, provided u catch them by surprise. however its very mediocore 1 v 1’s. the perma protection cannot account for the low hp, lack of healing power and toughness against a hard focus. or any burst, while the sustain is suprisingly high given the amulet stats, prolly a bit tankier then thief and similar to a DH i guess. the problem is that when focused u will have to blow all your cd’s to survive and even then u might get 0-100 if not payign attention by a thief or DH.

Maby if one refines the build to have more access to swiftness and mobility, u can have a roamer that+1’s kinda like the power shatter chronomancer.

still looking into it. I have not entirely given up on it.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jourdelune.7456

Jourdelune.7456

Maby if one refines the build to have more access to swiftness and mobility, u can have a roamer that+1’s kinda like the power shatter chronomancer.

Rune of radiance?

Dal Aï Lhama (Tempest), Dal Lahu Akbar (DH), Lord Dhal of Dharma (Scrapper) 12k+ spvp games.
Former Team Captain of ggwp (ESL weekly), GLHF (AG), MIST[CORE] spvp alliance guild.
https://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars2PvPTeams/

in Elementalist

Mr Godlike.6098

Rune of radiance?

Hmm interesting…but the problem with amulet is that gives about 30% cirt chance so it force you to take air aura traits…hmm fresh air, add earth and maybe something something something…but you kinda need focus to stay alive and addition boon duration will only give warhorn grandmaster trait…

Kawaleria (KW)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

Rune of radiance?

that’s not actually an bad idea. u’d be incredibly squishy but then again it doesn’t really matter if your role is to +1.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jourdelune.7456

Jourdelune.7456

Rune of radiance?

Hmm interesting…but the problem with amulet is that gives about 30% cirt chance so it force you to take air aura traits…hmm fresh air, add earth and maybe something something something…but you kinda need focus to stay alive and addition boon duration will only give warhorn grandmaster trait…

Actually, the OP speak about the old build with the Diviner Amulet.

If you need more mobility, boons, support and less pressure (retal on heals), you probably still use the same build without cleansing water (and aura share) to give max boon support to your friends.

But to support others, you need to sustain yourself.

Dal Aï Lhama (Tempest), Dal Lahu Akbar (DH), Lord Dhal of Dharma (Scrapper) 12k+ spvp games.
Former Team Captain of ggwp (ESL weekly), GLHF (AG), MIST[CORE] spvp alliance guild.
https://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars2PvPTeams/

in Elementalist

Mr Godlike.6098

Little update on my research:

Diviner and Seeker are horrible but boon duration thing is tempting. If 40% protection somehow can keep you alive on such glass amulets I wondered what happens if add some vitality and toughness. This is my little test build:
http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJBIhdSxA05A2fJYhJwhJW2AMiVwFYEM8ACAFQ396fdwC-TJBGAB5XGQhTAwI7PAwDAAA

Update: Mender works so much better! I didn’t had problems with thiefs/revs power bursts

Update: Arcane version – condi removal suck but boon uptime is insane – build feels like old celestial bit…with better support. Weird thing – in few matches I had top condi applied so maybe maybe sage or carrion might better to check
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJBIhdSfJ05A2fJYhJwhJW2AshHQAoA6uX/rD2iewG8GA-TJxHABcs/g8lBG4BAAwJAAA

Kawaleria (KW)

(edited by Mr Godlike.6098)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Chasind.3128

Chasind.3128

I use a variation of this with warhorn, but insteaad of earth and arcana I use water and air- i love dmg eles that sustain

in Elementalist

Mr Godlike.6098

I use a variation of this with warhorn, but insteaad of earth and arcana I use water and air- i love dmg eles that sustain

My point is right now that if you want to have healing and dps you need to use mender and solve power dps problem. Sadly we only got protection – that’s why tempest needs earth (besides diamond skin). Rune of earth proved to me protection can be maintained longer to sustain burst thief/rev.

Warhorn is fun in pve but in pvp – I going for focus.

Kawaleria (KW)