PvP Staff Ele Never Fixed? Guild Wars 2...

in Elementalist

Posted by: Vash Past.4385

Vash Past.4385

Came back after months recently, and still sad to see Staff Ele is useless in PvP.

Been playing the staff ele since day 1, and that auto-attacks especially are horrible. As another poser mentioned, all the staff auto attacks have the lowest dps ratings in the game for the most part. Add this to the fact that aside from Lighting1 they all also constantly miss and fire too slowly on top of the lackluster damage makes them useless.

Since the game came out, people have been calling for some changes, and often in forums, others reply:
“But they are great in WvW, where you hit hordes of players at a time with AoEs…”
Seriously? You mean they Finally work in WvW because there are so many targets you just can’t miss! That’s a terrible justification! They are just running targets in PvP, not matter how you build them. Add to that the fact that the amulet choices make your choices so condensed(Can’t build say, P, Crit%, Toughness), there’s no way to work even a little survivability(remember, you have lower starting health then Every Other Class) into a build and kill something. Even if you forego all survivability, and go into a match with Full Berserker gear etc, some heavily toughed up characters will literally just take your hits with no sign of damage, then smack you once to twice and your down.

“There just not good in 1v1, they do better in group fights” I don’t really understand how one specific weapon happens to be improperly equipped to evenly fight every other weapon set in the game and that’s supposed to be ‘balanced?’….. But by the will of magic, they will suddenly become more useful in these magical large battles in PvP? not how it turns out, unless other pvpers simply ignore you like fools.
If it’s just you and a Staff Ele going 1v1, whatever your class, weapon set, etc, don’t worry, cause it’s not like Staff Magic in this fantasy roleplay universe would be like powerful or dangerous to you in any way.

Well, I signed in recently, and my the PvP zone in my world looks like a ghost town. Funny thing, whatever anyone says, this is a Roleplay Game. It has it’s roots in fantasy, and a huge % of the people that like and invest time/money in a game like this want to play a Classic Old School Wizard with a Staff. Sure people can sign in, choose a warrior/necro/assassin and just wander into PvP first time they’ve ever played, press buttons repeatedly, n kill people. But no one that cares about this kind of game long term stuck around, obviously. Talk about awards n accolades all you want, where is everyone at when i sign into Heart of the Mists? 3 minutes load times, when games take ten minutes? seriously…… LeagueoLeg free to play, looks like crap, has mean player base, still has mad more players at any given minute online.

What’s up Anet? Can’t ignore Ele class, that’s your bread n butter, n silly to do so.
Fix:
Make Fire, Water, n Earth Skills like the scepter attacks where they just hit automatically, not like projectiles, n make a tad faster. Perhaps even just make them tagetable AoE attacks just like the rest of Staff, SO WE COULD AT LEAST HAVE ONE FORM OF SYNERGY IN WHOLE UNIVERSE Leave lightning alone, or at least leave bounce effect. Why? This way, attacks actually hit. Long range Ele pecking at you is at least as effective as other long range staffers/bow fighters etc. this way. Also, KEY: Eles’ have super low health, and again as it stands, with any damage built in at all, they are Ultra-Squishy. At least this way, they have an extra half a second or so before someone figures out where they are attacking from sometimes(I.E – they can’t see the attacks).
Lightning 2 – been terrible since day 1. Unimaginable that an attack could cause blind and high damage and still be terrible, but well, anyone who’s ever played staff knows: just. not. worth. it. Replace this with a push/blowback AoE on self, or a knockdown oldschool GW1 style(or fix Air3 maybe, which is still kittened hard to hit with, compared to say the mesmer sword sweep skill. why is the air skill not the best for blowing people back? Seriously?)
Water 3 n 5 – If my health bar is the size of a Snickers Bar, they should at least do enough healing so that I can see the effect on my peanut-sized healthbar.

An ele with full berserker stats, who is literally so squishy an assassin can appear and down him in (2) strikes should at least be able to pressure people at long range, and maybe even Hit with Auto-attacks, consistently, and they should be doing it with high damage. My Meteors look awfully scary, but plenty of people run right through the meteor shower on a regular basis, and that just ain’t right either.

in Elementalist

Vash Past.4385

I get kills, points, n wins with the staff All the Time, don’t get me wrong. But only after mad practice, and only in Sole Que in games where people ignore me raining down chaos on them till it’s too late.

To anyone who disagrees, I first challenge you to AutoAttack duel. You take a staff ele, spec up anyway you want, and I take any class you want with any weapon sets you choose, and we see how our autoattack duel goes, let alone if you ever land a hit besides in lightning before your downed….

in Elementalist

Vash Past.4385

Also, of course forgot:
1. Weapon. Sigil. Just 1, when Every Single Other Weapon/profession combo gets 2-4 weapon sigils, which really do make a huge difference.
More balance needed to fix this. Either somehow add sigil slot, or maybe even some kind of effect on element switch for staff. Maybe like .5-1 second of quickness or something, for those blowing through the elements or actually trying to hit with a skill when they switch.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Eldari.4069

Eldari.4069

I totally agree with OP. Guild Wars 2 PvP would be a lot more solid for staff elementalist this way…

3 posts btw though, haha bro, chill, maybe Anet will really fix one day, lol.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Cush.4063

Cush.4063

Well they are buffing elements lists on this next patch and they specifically mentioned staff so you have some hope. Also they are making it so you can have 2 sigils on 2h weapons.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Neko.9021

Neko.9021

If you want to play a ranged DPS Ele, why not play a Scepter Ele?

in Elementalist

Posted by: phaeris.7604

phaeris.7604

900 isn’t really ranged.

It’s a few steps from being hit by an auto attack, let’s face it. Also scepter autos are terrible damage.

in Elementalist

Posted by: KrazyFlyinChicken.5936

KrazyFlyinChicken.5936

The devs have recently stated in the profession/balance forums that staff ele is getting a buff pertaining to anti-condition meta.

Personally, I expect changes to diamond skin which will make it useful enough to justify a staff bunker build.

Fort Aspenwood – Elementalist
Character name: Azilyi